<Realms of the Genesis>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zenfarg

This is just another dota like map. 90% of heroes are no point & are not interesting, the terrain is boring, items too.... You even made a same supidness like in dota: attribut bonuses - which cause mages suck in the late of the game! & about avatar - why it don't give bonus hp? Waaaks, don't try to make map like dota, make it better & more interesting.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
This is just another dota like map. 90% of heroes are no point & are not interesting, the terrain is boring, items too.... You even made a same supidness like in dota: attribut bonuses - which cause mages suck in the late of the game! & about avatar - why it don't give bonus hp? Waaaks, don't try to make map like dota, make it better & more interesting.

Read the last few pages of this thread please,
kkthxbai

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> This is just another dota like map.

It is NOT like DotA.
It is called 'AoS' (Aeon of Strife, if you don't know)
And if you don't know what AoS means (which lead you to call this DotA-like)
...well, shame on you :rolleyes:

> 90% of heroes are no point & are not interesting

Not true.
At least each Heroes got to fill in their role (Tanks are... tanks, spellcasters are... spellcasters)
Not interesting?
No one can make Heroes that are interesting for everyone.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
You got it right in my opinion, DotA-like maps seem to get boring because dota literally dominates the AoS genre, which stagnates critique for future AoS maps. But each AoS is special, and a huge amount of effort has been done just to create and design an AoS map. RotG, although an AoS, is cool. Any AoS map can be cool and played often for as long as it has good items and features.

ONTOPIC:
I got a better idea:

Archipelago Domination Risk​

A Phil. Risk-style map, it's setting is before the 19th century where the phils. is dominated by the Spanish civilization.

Make the whole and if necessary, exact geography of the whole Philippines in a huge 256x256 map then make at least some decent terrain and should be unique in each province/region. Then create 2 races, the filipinos and spaniards, and create good units and buildings for each team and create sub-races or tribes for the filipinos, as the spanish got powerful soldiers and naval fleets. Then create control points in the map for teams to capture, ya know, like in the risk maps I play in Epicwar, even though they sucked alot in graphics. The team who dominates the country wins..

darkRae

Reaction score
jonadrian619 said:
RotG, although an AoS, is cool. Any AoS map can be cool and played often for as long as it has good items and features.

QFT

Even my friends and cousins agree that RotG is the 2nd Best AoS ever after DotA.
Ha. Top that :p

EDIT:
What's Risk?
Is it a type of Turn-Based game where you capture places?

Z

Zenfarg

I know, that map genre is AOS, but waaaks mapmaking style is like dota fan. & i have seen a lot of things in ROTG that are like in dota, i can't tell all these things, because i don't remember them all. :p

Z

Zenfarg

>Even my friends and cousins agree that RotG is the 2nd Best AoS ever after DotA.
Ha. Top that

Yes ofcourse, "RotG is the 2nd Best AoS ever after DotA" because dota is after TOB, EOTA(i don't care that in Eye of the Apocalypse there are a lot of memory leaks), AOTZ, DOE, AOM, AOD & AOD2!

darkRae

Reaction score
^What?
-ap? That's a general mode, along with -ar, etc.
4-4-4-3 ability with Attribute Bonus? We use that because that's the most balanced we (I) thought.

Again, that's AoS.
Compare it to fashion.
So we follow others. Why? Because it's good.

Okay, don't turn this thread to "DotA is bad" "DotA is good" discussion :p
DotA is just famous and well-balanced, that's all.

(Mods, you really need to close this thread like waaaks! asked)

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
ZenFang - FYI if your not contributing to any useful parts in developement of this map, please refrain from making too much comprarison between this map with other maps of the same genre. If you think this map is in some way too similar to another map, thats because its the "similar" element in all of the maps in this genre.

Try coming up with a new genre then, if you insist that people does not produce good products at all.

Just my 2 cents~

~ Greetings, from Somat|c ~

Z

Zenfarg

I just wan't say that waaks can make a much better map, that will be more interesting & unique!

>ZenFang - FYI if your not contributing to any useful parts in developement of this map, please refrain from making too much comprarison between this map with other maps of the same genre. If you think this map is in some way too similar to another map, thats because its the "similar" element in all of the maps in this genre.

Try coming up with a new genre then, if you insist that people does not produce good products at all.

Just my 2 cents~

~ Greetings, from Somat|c ~

ok stomatick, i won't do that =)

>4-4-4-3 ability with Attribute Bonus? We use that because that's the most balanced we (I) thought.

You all don't understand that i'm talking about. All Heroes wich can be leveled to lvl 30(for example) must have about 70%-80% spells\skills(of all their damaging skills\spells) that will deal damage from heroes stats or e.t.c. Because streghters or agiliters are to fat or have big armor, they have big attack speed & they bring big damage on attack . & mages: their intelegens suck their damaging spells suck! What is 200-400 damage vs hero with 3000 hp(this is just for example)?! At all i mean that attribut bonus gives nothing to the mage, but gives a lot for the other hero classes, wich are strong anouth even without attribut bonuses!
May be you all won't understand me again :D. But it's a little hard to speak with u)))

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok enough....i agreed on zenfrag said, there are lots of things inside the map, like an ability like dota, or similar to dota, and has the same stats as dota, just changed the icon and effects, and thats the big secret from RotG....

2nd best aos before dota...i agree...the reason why, is because lots of people now dont want to create a new map with AoS genre because they are tired beating up the unbeatable dota, same as me...while i want to beat dota's map, not only it's map but for the people's choice....

but not that close to dota, lets say RotG is the second best aos, and dota is first, then if we compare it, we can easily compare it to an ant and an elephant, while rotg is the ant, and the elephant is dota

like dota is very common and popular, even all of my teachers told us not to play "DOTA" in school times, instead play it on weekends...lol

and RotG is rare, like if i asked a friend of mine, saying "did u know RotG?" then he replies, "no, whats that?" (the horror!)

>I just wan't say that waaks can make a much better map, that will be more interesting & unique!

you will find out soon...

@jonadrian
i thought of that map before...but i didnt continued on making the map, because its juts like calling a war between spain and phil "again", and i dont like that, because they treat us like slaves before

Z

Zenfarg

>....there are lots of things inside the map, like an ability like dota, or similar to dota, and has the same stats as dota, just changed the icon and effects, and thats the big secret from RotG

lol i don't mean these all things. I mean that there are a lot of LITLE things in your map like in dota like stats & e.t.c , but not spells, because about 60% spell came to dota from hiveworkshop, & now it is very hard to create a unique spell or skill.

Try to rebalance your map. & remember that a a litle number of good unique heroes > a mass of simply not interesting heroes! Also try to create more heroes classifications.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
lol
now i know that u didn't viewed the previous pages, like page 35 or 36, or after
or you didnt even read my custom title, it says "rotg RIP"

meaning, i lost RotG, (because lots of people has negative comments, just joking :p), because my pc suddenly crashes, and never comes back to windows, like it keeps on restarting, i formatted my pc, and i lost the open version of rotg

darkRae

Reaction score
Zenfarg said:
You all don't understand that i'm talking about. All Heroes wich can be leveled to lvl 30(for example) must have about 70%-80% spells\skills(of all their damaging skills\spells) that will deal damage from heroes stats or e.t.c. Because streghters or agiliters are to fat or have big armor, they have big attack speed & they bring big damage on attack . & mages: their intelegens suck their damaging spells suck! What is
May be you all won't understand me again . But it's a little hard to speak with u)))

Then spells will become weak during early levels, if it's attribute-based.
INT Heroes are supposed to dominate at lower levels with their ever-so damaging spell, STR supposed to be fat (high HP) and AGI supposed to have armor.
That's why INT gives Mana, STR gives HP, and AGI gives Armor.

> 200-400 damage vs hero with 3000 hp(this is just for example)?!

Don't like it, don't cast it. Is it so hard?
How about 200-400 damage against 600-900 HP at lower levels?

> At all i mean that attribut bonus gives nothing to the mage, but gives a lot for the other hero classes, wich are strong anouth even without attribut bonuses!

Attributes are to strengthen the Mages with more HP and Armor.
So you don't agree with that? Fine. Then they are even more weaker without Attributes.
Some Heroes are strong with them, some are not.
What?
I thought you wanted some variety with Heroes so as not making them boring.
And so what? Mages are made to cast spells, not tank damage or attack.

=/
This is the end of the line.
RotG is dead already, no point discussing it (maybe)

Z

Zenfarg

>lol
now i know that u didn't viewed the previous pages, like page 35 or 36, or after
or you didnt even read my custom title, it says "rotg RIP"

meaning, i lost RotG, (because lots of people has negative comments, just joking ), because my pc suddenly crashes, and never comes back to windows, like it keeps on restarting, i formatted my pc, and i lost the open version of rotg

I'm too lasy to read all))). RIPED? oh you can restore it from protected, but there all scripts will be in one big triger & information about units position will be lost.

>Attributes are to strengthen the Mages with more HP and Armor.
So you don't agree with that? Fine. Then they are even more weaker without Attributes.
Some Heroes are strong with them, some are not.
What?
I thought you wanted some variety with Heroes so as not making them boring.
And so what? Mages are made to cast spells, not tank damage or attack.

=/
This is the end of the line.
RotG is dead already, no point discussing it (maybe)

You realy don't understand about i'm talking. You just understood that mages are usefull only at erlyest lvls. Ok end of discution line.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok heres the last post, for 600 post in this thread....we pinoys (filipinoes) is starting a new AoS style of map, ill make sure that this aos will be different from dota, making it unique and fun to play...we are still discussing it at jumpclan.tk

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.