AoS Rebellion of the Horde

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
2aiosk5.png

[ Rebellion of the Horde ]
By Void

Twenty years ago, the Tauren fulfilled their agreement with Thrall and were allowed to leave the Horde to continue on with their peaceful lives. Five years ago, however, Thrall died; and the new Warchief, Gondram, invaded the great Tauren city of Thunder Bluff and oppressed the shamanistic race into military slavery. For four years the Tauren obliged simply because they could not muster enough force to defeat the Horde, but now a new leader has arisen amongst the Tauren, someone eager to win freedom for his people. His name is Cloudhoof. One year ago, he started a rebel organization against Gondram known as the Earth Templars, sending druids in stealthy cat form into the city of Gondrammar (formerly known as Orgrimmar) to assassinate Horde military leaders.

Six months ago, the Darkspear tribe declared war on both Gondrammar's Horde and Cloudhoof's Earth Templars, as their current leader Hui'Jin and his council of shamans believed that, according to a prophesy several decades ago by their old, legendary leader Vol'Jin, the races of the Horde would eventually fight to the death and only one would survive in the end.

In Rebellion of the Horde, join forces with the Orcs in their battle to maintain supremacy, join the Earth Templars on their quest for freedom, or join the Darkspears in their fight for survival. Choose from 24 powerful heroes and 9 leader heroes and fight to the death in this epic three-way AoS. Buy enchanted items and potions to aid you in battle, or consult the help of a mighty Bronze Dragon to turn the tides of a full-scale war.

Leader Heroes are a special feature in RotH; each team has one player who can pick a Leader Hero (red, yellow, gray). These Leader Heroes have powerful auras and spells that affect the creeps in a lane, allowing for stronger assaults on enemy bases and outposts. They also have a lot more HP and mana than a regular hero. If you're playing as a Leader Hero, your primary goal is to wreak havoc on the enemy teams' bases.

• Horde Leader Heroes consist of the Warchief (STR), the Master Warlock (INT) and the Frenzied Battlemaster (AGI).
  • Earth Templar Leader Heroes consist of the Chieftain (STR), the Great Shaman (INT) and the Feral Druid (AGI).
  • Darkspear Leader Heroes consist of the Warlord (STR), the Voodoo Priest (INT) and the Bloodrager (AGI).
The objective of the game is to destroy both enemy teams' bases. Pretty simple, huh? Yeah, that's the bit that categorizes the genre and isn't going to change. However, there are several different ways of doing this. You can charge their base with a huge army (usually what a team with a STR leader would do), you can enlist the help of the Bronze Dragon and buff the fuck out of him while he destroys the base (usually what a team with an INT leader would do), or you can infiltrate the base stealthily and destroy the defenses from the inside out (usually what a team with an AGI leader would do). Either way, it's going to be chaotic as it's a three-way battle, and a good strategy will always prevail.

The Team:

• Me. I make the terrain, I make the concepts, and everything else that isn't being made by someone else.
  • Viikuna, hvo-busterkomo, Renendaru: Spells, systems, general coding.
  • dansaDisco: Icons and skins
Team members will recieve +10 rep, for all it's worth, and credits on the loading screen and in the map.

More info on the map will come as I continue making it over the summer; right now really all I've done is concepts, imported some models and set up a layout of the terrain.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sounds awesome, :O
Tauren gets attention back, yay! :)
Are there exactly only 9 leaders to become?
Good luck with this map!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Ey luls.

This will be awesome and I am positively optimistic.

This actually brings The Legend of Sand -AoS to my mind, probably because it was a barrens map too. It was a great map, I liked it. Only its heroes could have used some more thinking and tweaking.

Remember to focus on heroes. Heroes are important. ( I think Ive said this before luls. )

Anyways, good luck and post screenshots as soon as you have them. Since you are one of those terraining guys, people will probably love all those screenies.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
omfg i loved aos, this looks quite top banana + will have top banana terrain

top banana!

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
The terrain I posted there is just WIP material, by the way. I'm going to make it look smexier later.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
The terrain I posted there is just WIP material, by the way. I'm going to make it look smexier later.

maybe darius can proof-view your terrain, i hear he's the best terrainer on planet Earth
(yeah i was hoping you knew him by that name and would get the joke :<)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about that ;p

I've never seen his shit before. I'm pretty sure I can proof my terrain anyways lol, I've been proofing others' for 2 years.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I s'pose I could make a hero model or two if you want, and if you find a texturer and an animator.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Ingame textures would be preferable, the map size is already 2.5mb just from imports :p

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I really like your story, it's well thought out, and pretty credible in the WarCraft universe. Best of luck with this project, I look forward to seeing it completed.

As a side note, you should turn this story into a campaign, that would be awesome.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Maybe, but I have no experience making campaigns or even playing them, but I have a lot of experience playing AoSes.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I love the story and I'd love to make the load screen, I'll PM some images, but it would be best to just send you a wip of your requested load screen.

//==GooS

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I'm going to be officially starting up the team this weekend. If you have questions, comments, whatever, go to the forums.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
I HATE THAT NEW WARCHIEF... why did Thrall die?
Anyways, sounds interesting! Will it include AI? Will it have a test mode that lets me test all sexy spell? I expect super-terrain :)!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.