Recipe RECIPE - Lasagna Soup

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
lasagnasoup-jpg.18393

Lasagna Soup

This is some good stuff and is pretty easy with no exotic ingredients and not very many pots to cook in. You can be a hero eating like a king at the bachelor pad or the college dorm with stuff like this!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground sausage, or ground beef (I used sausage)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used some mini red and yellow bell peppers)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 14.5 ounce cans diced stewed tomatoes
  • 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
  • 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 7 lasagna noodles, broken up (add zucchini instead for a great low carb option)
  • 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1-2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions:
  • Into a large soup pot place 1 pound ground sausage, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped bell pepper, and 3 cloves minced garlic
  • Cook the mixture over medium high heat until the sausage is browned and the onions are translucent
  • Add 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 2 cans stewed tomatoes, 2 cans tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 4 cups of chicken broth
  • Bring the soup to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce the heat and let the old girl simmer for about 20 minutes
  • Find yourself 7 lasagna noodles. Break them up into large chunks and add them to the soup pot
  • Let the noodles simmer in the pot until they are tender - should take about 10 minutes
  • Add 1 cup grated parmesan cheese to the pot and give it a nice stir and allow time (a couple of minutes) for the cheese to melt
  • Remove the pot from the stove
  • Ladle it into serving bowls and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
Note:
  • This is one of my family's favorites. If you happen to have any left overs you can add a little extra broth when you warm it up because the noodles really do suck up all the liquid:)
  • When I make this for myself I do not add the brown sugar to my portion and I add 2-4 zucchini (depending on size) instead of noodles! This a great low carb option!

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Attachments

• lasagnasoup.jpg
    lasagnasoup.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 955
Last edited:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't like cheese you can leave it out and it would probably still be good. Lasagna has cheese in it though so a soup of it logically would as well :)

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Where's the ricotta? It's missing the most important cheese! Looks pretty tasty, but how's the texture?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The Helper said:
If you don't like cheese you can leave it out and it would probably still be good. Lasagna has cheese in it though so a soup of it logically would as well :)
Well, yeah I guess so. Even though I do like cheese, but not in a soup LOL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.