Recipe RECIPE - Lasanga

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
lasagna.jpg

Lasanga

This is the base recipe I make at home. It is originally based off some Microwave Lasagna recipe book that came with our first ever microwave when I was a kid. This is NOT a Microwaveable recipe.

Ingredients,,,
  • 1 lb ground beef (substitute ground chicken or turkey if you want less fat)
  • 1 lb ground italian sausage
  • 1 clove garlic pressed and finely chopped
  • 1 medium onion finely chopped
  • 1 green pepper (optional) if you like green peppers
  • 1 Jar of Ragu or your favorite tomato sauce (get the medium size sauce if you like less sauce, large for more)
  • 1 small can of mushrooms pieces and stems (more if you like more mushrooms)
  • 1 1/2 cups Ricotta cheese, drained
  • 1 1/2 cups Cottage cheese
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley Flakes (optional for color and texture)
  • 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 lb Lasanga Noodles cooked and drained
  • 12 oz Shredded Mozerralla (Sliced is OK too) more cheese if you like the cheese
  • Garlic Powder
  • Italian Seasoning (optional)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Large Mixing Bowl for Cheese Mixture
  • Pot for lasagna noodle boiling
  • Strainer to Drain
  • Tongs to handle noodles
  • Wok or Large Saucepan for cooking meats and veg
  • Large Pan or Casserole for baking
Directions:
  • Chop Onion, Press and Chop Garlic, Fresh Parsley and Green Pepper (optional), mushrooms and add a splash of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons butter if you dont have olive oil to a pan on the stovetop at medium heat and cook veggies until carmelized
  • Cook hamburger meat and sausage, season with garlic powder/garlic salt, tony satcheries or some salt and pepper, italian seasoning and cook meat until browned
  • Drain the grease
  • Add meat, sauce and veggieso a big pot to cook them and simmer for about an hour stirring regularly. Add wine, and other seasonings to taste during cooking.
  • Mix Cottage Cheese, Riccota Cheese, Fresh Cut Parsley, Parmesan Cheese and eggs and salt in a separate dish until well blended.
  • In a 16x9 Baking Dish, Lasagna Pan, or whatever spray some non stick baking spray or smear with some butter, add a cup or so of sauce and spread on bottom of pan.
  • Add half the cooked noodles in a layer, add, half the ricotta cheese spread and spread out, then one half the sauce, then on half your cheese then repeat (if you want more layers reduce for the extra layers)
  • Bake for about 45 minutes on 350 - make sure you bake on a baking pan because if you dont your lasagna will overflow onto the oven, the baking sheet will catch overflow. After 45 minutes sick a fork in the center and make sure the lasagna is hot all the way through.
Enjoy!

Note:

• You can do however many layers you want depending on how deep your lasagna pan is and how much ingredients you have just make sure you up the cooking time if you up the ingredients.
  • This recipe assumes premade sauce like Ragu, if not using that make your own sauce how you like and put in the veggies then go from there.
  • The veggies and meat are part of the sauce layer.
Please feedback me on this recipe if you make it.

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Last edited:

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
It does look nice.
But i hate Lasagna. Im sure yours would taste the most nicest though ;D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
More cheese is needed here. :D

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you hate about it?

Some people dislike the heavily flavored tomato sauce. My roommate hates anything that has a lot of them in a particular food. And like Ghan's, I do agree we need more additional cheese. :p

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The recipe that I am going to put up uses ricotta, parmesan, cottage, and Mozzerella cheese. The one in the picture had a little Habanero flavored Cheddar on top but cheddar is real greasy and will grease up the lasanga if you use too much.

The Tomato Sauce that you use you can make however you want. You could use other meat besides hamburger, ground chicken and turkey are alternatives, you can make a tomato sauce as weak as you like it or put less in. It will just make the meat layer more meaty and drier.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you make the sauce's flavor weak? Masking it by adding more of something else?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Have to find a good vegetarian or seafood lasagna recipe for you. Those dont have tomato sauce necessarily.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
What do you hate about it?

Its been a while since ive had it, but its mainly the heavy tomato taste.
Its the reason why i eat Spaghetti and other pastas plain. Hate that tomato taste :(
(But i love ketchup strangely.)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Its the reason why i eat Spaghetti and other pastas plain. Hate that tomato taste :(

I would suggest waiting for my vegetarian and seafood lasagna recipes then as they dont use tomatos.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score

Tomato and ketchup? Seems the same thing lol...

By the way, The Helper, your recipe looks cool!!!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The Latest!!!

Attachments

• lasagna 010.jpg
    lasagna 010.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 402
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.