Recipe RECIPE - Mexican Lasagna

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Mexican Lasanga

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Ground Beef (up to 2 lbs can be used for beef lovers) - make this into Taco Meat and Keep seperate as you will be using it as a Mex Lasagna layer :)
  • Sour Cream tops this well. Plus Extra Cheese. Black Olives?
  • 1/2 onion or whole onion if you are balling! :)
  • 1 Chopped Green Pepper
  • I can Refried Beans.
  • Optional -some Taco Sauce to mix with beans
  • 1 can Rotel Hot with Habenero or regular or can of diced tomatos and can of green chilis as a replacement - undrained.
  • OPTIONAL - I can of Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 half of a big block of substitute velveeta cut into cubes.
  • A big package of corn or flour tortillas.
  • 2 Packages of Shredded Cheddar or Taco Mix Cheese.
  • A can of sliced black olives (however much you like used like a pizza topping)
Directions:
  • Saute the Chopped Green Pepper and Onion in some Olive Oil (a couple of splashes) and Butter over a medium hot flame, about 2 tsp of butter. Do that until the veggies get translucent.
  • Add the vegatables with whatever sauce remains in the pan to a big microwave safe bowl with the Refried Beans, Rotel Tomato or substitute, Cheese Blocks, taco sauce and optional cream of chicken soup and mix together
  • Heat the above mixture up to 10 minutes in the Microwave checking and stirring frequently or heat in a sauce pan over med high heat until cheese blocks melted and you get a cheese dip consistency - make sure you keep stirring this and adjust the heat as to not burn the bottom of the pan if you are on a stove. You just want to melt the cheese like a cheese dip into these ingredients at this stage.
  • In a big Lasagna type pan spray some non stick cooking spray.
  • Then chop up the Tortillas in Quarters and lay like 1/4 of what you want to use in in quarter tortilla shapes on the bottom layer of the pan until it covers the whole layer. Spoon in a quarter of your bean mixture, then add 1/4 of your taco meat, then 1/4 of your Cheddar Cheese.
  • Repeat the above steps until out of ingredients.
  • For an added treat add Black Olives to the top of the Casserole like a Pizza Topping.
  • Heat oven to 400 and bake for 30 minutes covered with foil, then remove foil and back for additional 10 minutes where cheese is golden brown.
  • Add sour cream on the top before serving for full effect, plus extra cheese.....
Enjoy!

Notes:

• Canned Black Beans (Drained) as a substitute for the Refried Beans is also good in this.
  • You can also never go wrong adding a can of cream of chicken soup to the bean cheese layer either :)
  • Good stuff but definitely not low calorie. Substitute Fat Free Cheese and Sour Cream, use good oil and watch the saute with the butter you use. Consider ground Chicken or Turkey as a replacement for the beef here. That will cut the calories and fat of this dish.

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The next time I make it I will update with a Picture.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I should put up some of my recipes that seth loves......its funny he likes my simplist dishes best XD

Ill definitly check them out though...gives my stuck at home butt sometghing to do lol

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I should put up some of my recipes that seth loves......its funny he likes my simplist dishes best XD

Ill definitly check them out though...gives my stuck at home butt sometghing to do lol

Please do put them up and I will make them myself too!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.