Recording problems

nemesispoi

Reaction score
I am in a band and we recently tried to record. I play guitar and I can play the solos when were not recording but when we record I suck . Why is that?

Zakyath

Reaction score
Because you're not as good as you think. Playing live is a lot more easier, since if you play really fast, the tones might get "drenched in eachother", if you're using reverb or similar effects. How do you record the guitar?

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Because you're not as good as you think. Playing live is a lot more easier, since if you play really fast, the tones might get "drenched in eachother", if you're using reverb or similar effects. How do you record the guitar?

doesnt really make sense o_O

i blame it on pressure, because your recording you don't want to make a mistake etc... and then its not as relaxing as playing by yourself.
So, just chill and relax and its done ;)

Zakyath

Reaction score
Believe me, if you're recording by just putting your cable into the computer, it's much more sensitive than if you're playing through an amplifier.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Computers aren't made to record your guitar's sounds anyways, if you really want it to sound nice, you need a recording studio. Simple as that, even though it could be difficult to do if you don't have enough money.

swe_suffer

Reaction score
If you are recording more "pro" - record many takes, and select and mix the best ones! :cool:

Computers aren't made to record your guitar's sounds anyways, if you really want it to sound nice, you need a recording studio. Simple as that, even though it could be difficult to do if you don't have enough money.

Not true, if you just use a ("real" - not internal) soundcard you can get great sound with a virtual amp emulator such as guitar rig.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.