Recreate the Warcraft 3 "Boundary"

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
I am making a tower defense like game where there is a base that the towers should not be able to see or attack into. The only solution I have found is to place impossibly high terrain between the towers and the base.
In Warcraft 3 there was a black terrain you could place which prevented all movement or sight; this was called a Boundary and was found in the terrain section.

Any help is appreciated and +repped.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You could use sight blocker doodads to prevent vision past a certain point. There is also the pathing layer which you could experiment with to remove movement through an area. (you will need to Add No Pathing)

Terrabull

Reaction score
I tried adding the LOS Invisible doodad, but it was able to be seen over.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Look up the 3rd protoss campaign map. The map starts with boundaries and afterward you see the entire map.

Terrabull

Reaction score
I looked into that map and found it sets the playable map area. This won't work for me because I need one team to play in the one area that is can't be viewed or traveled to by the other team.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
could base be made invulnerable or some sort like wc3 buildings to stop it being attacked if that helps?

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
Bump would also like to know about a boundary tool for sc2 please
Would a Curtain (LOS Blocker) block site past it?

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I looked into that map and found it sets the playable map area. This won't work for me because I need one team to play in the one area that is can't be viewed or traveled to by the other team.

You'll need to set your unit vision height to 0 (for some units it's set to 1 or 4)

Unit - Vision Height 0

This will allow the sight blockers to work.

Also if you use

Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Players on team 1) to Custom Region (Do adjust the minimap)

so long as you lock the team in the dependencies this should work you can have 2 separate region zones.

Terrabull

Reaction score
You'll need to set your unit vision height to 0 (for some units it's set to 1 or 4)

Unit - Vision Height 0

This will allow the sight blockers to work.

Does this not work for flying units? I need the tower builder to be a flying unit.
I checked, but my unit only has vision height 0, so that isn't my problem. I can see beyond the LOS blockers fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.