Melee Red Alert: Warcraft Edition - |Map of the Week #9|

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed old classical games, such as Warcraft 2, Red Alert, HOMM2&3 etc. so it's rather nice to see a project like this!

Congratulations, this is the Map of the Week #9!

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Woho, map of the week! :thup:

Anyway, I have now finally managed to create a queue system. You cannot queue 2 different unit types, but you can queue as many as you want of one type. (I made a queue of 200 G.I.'s :D) Also, lightningstorm is pretty much done now. I will now start creating every unit in the game, and when i'm done, i'll balance them and give them abilities. (I wonder if Chrono Legionare will be hard to do...) I'll also try to implement the ''Drive over'' thingy. (Vehicles can instantly kill infantry by driving over them. xD)

In the testmap, if you use the 'Iseedeadpeople' cheat, there's a Weather controller next to your controlpanel for those that want to test it fast. Also, i set the Cooldown of it to 20 seconds.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Will you be making this with RA units/models? or
Will you be changing the story to suit Warcraft?

burne-

Reaction score
That most certainly doesnt seem like map of the week. Pls dont lower the standarts to unfinished/bad maps.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
As i don't have any RA models, it will be WC3 models. Also, there will be no story, as i'm just making a normal skirmish. (Actually i haven't played the whole RA2 campaign...)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Terrains looks pretty... bad. Lightning storm... powerful... those buildings just look like massing stuff right next to each other.

No Yuri's Revenge? Gasp! Refresh my memory... did RA have Prism Tanks and Towers? Or were they only in Yuri's Revenge? I love Prism Tanks and Towers... :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
As i don't have any RA models, it will be WC3 models. Also, there will be no story, as i'm just making a normal skirmish. (Actually i haven't played the whole RA2 campaign...)

I've got a HUGE pack of RA1 and RA2 models on my computer, maybe I could lend them to you. They are really low file size too (like 10kb each model). I really don't wanna see a good project go to waste with no RA models :p

Terrains looks pretty... bad. Lightning storm... powerful... those buildings just look like massing stuff right next to each other.

No Yuri's Revenge? Gasp! Refresh my memory... did RA have Prism Tanks and Towers? Or were they only in Yuri's Revenge? I love Prism Tanks and Towers...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Perhaps hes just making the systems and units first before he starts terainning. Also, the Prism tanks and towers were in the original Ra2 so you don't need to worry.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
I'm a really bad terrainer, so i don't know if i can make a good terrain. It would be nice if someone could create a system that generates random maps, but that's probably too hard. But, I'm now going to look for a good terrainer for my map. As an update, you can now sell buildings, and queue system works almost perfectly. I'm just going to fix a repair function, and then i will release a new testmap.

I'd like to see those models kingbdogz, i'll probably use them if they're good.

I will ofc have the prism tanks. Nothing makes you feel so powerful as obliberating a base with 20 prism tanks. ^^

EDIT: I just downloaded this little thingy for the nuclear missile... heheheheheheh... Nuclear Explosion

EDIT2: OK, I've now completed the most systems. You can queue, sell, repair, move many units at once and more. I now released a new testmap with said functions.
Remember that i said ''I will now start creating all units''? Well, i've created 0 units since then... Shame on me. But now I'll really start creating them all, and when i'm done with that, i'll balance and add any abilites they have.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
As i got a new computer recently, I have not been able to work so much on this map, but everything is installed now, and i will start again tomorrow.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
i see you need help with terrain, i will help you. I don't want to steal anything but im really intrested how you created the control panel, if you let me have a look a that trigger i will terrain the whole map. I have all C&C Games from C&C Generals to C&C Yellow Sun (don't thnik that was publicly released). So if you let me terrain i would created key points to control on the map to stop the enemy from reaching your own base, perhaps destroyable bridges would be a good idea if your map? Well get back to me on that =)

Galdiuz

Reaction score
The maps i post is all unprotected, so you can look at them as much as you want. I post the newest version of it right away. Also, make sure to create the ores. The red is normal (Gold in RA) and the blue is the good one (Gems in RA). And the controlpanel were created with spellbooks, dummy abilities, timers, dummy units and some triggers. (The thing that makes it cost gold is actually a trigger that fires every 0.01 seconds that checks if the remaining time for the build timers is greater than 0.)

EDIT: It seems my map got alot bigger since i imported that loading screen. I should fix that.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
I haven't worked at the map at all, as i had other things to do, but I'll start work on it again now. Got a idea how i can use triggers instead of blight...

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I personally like altered melee maps, epecially ones based on modern warfare RTS games. If you can finish your map, that'd be great!

Not to compare your map to another, I have found a project long ago. It's an RA1 project initiated by Illidan(evil)x. He's a good map-maker and a modeler in THW.

The maps that he made really rock! It stays true to the real RA1 game (all units used custom models he made) and the only Warcraft-ish elements in those maps are the terrain and UI. Too bad he didn't want his models to be used by others.

His projects are listed in this search query.

Thought this map would be a source of inspiration, so I bothered to post.

Take time in developing your map, don't rush. Haste makes waste.

Here's what I can do to help: I'll give you a list of useful models. Took time for me to search, but it's worthwhile anyway.
Here's a search query in THW containing a LOT of Tank models w/c might be useful, and to spice things up a bit.

A search query containing a list of cool Factory and modern building models.

Powerful Missile Launching units and missile silos.

A list of cool Turrets and defensive structures.

A list of awesome Rockets, cruise missiles, rocket SFX and more stuff rocket-related.

An Aircraft Carrier and some ground APC's and tanks.

A battle cruiser!

And last but not the least, NUKES, nuclear missiles and nuke silos!

Best of luck in your project!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.