Referring to Unit Spawned by Black Arrrow/Parasite

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Is there any way to do this? I've tried 'Summoned Unit' but that doesn't work. I'm sure checking for buffs doesn't work either since the unit killed would be dead. Are there any other methods other than triggering the black arrow/parasite spell?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Maybe make the spawned unit die right after spawn. And then detect the unit dies event. Won't be efficient though.

I don't remember there's a way to detect spawned units from Black Arrow.

keychup

Reaction score
(For Black Arrow)
Event - A unit spawns a summoned Unit
Condition - Summoned unit has buff Dark Minion

(For Parasite)
Condition - Summoned unit has buff Parasite (Minion)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Maybe make the spawned unit die right after spawn. And then detect the unit dies event. Won't be efficient though.

I don't remember there's a way to detect spawned units from Black Arrow.

I was trying to avoid it, but I guess I'll have to do something like this. Not sure how efficient it'd be memory wise, I need to detect the spawns so I can change their custom values and owner so I guess it won't really be a problem.

(For Black Arrow)
Condition - Summoned unit has buff Dark Minion

(For Parasite)
Condition - Summoned unit has buff Parasite (Minion)

I just tried that and it doesn't work. I also initially tried to check the unit-type of summoned unit = the summoned unit and that didn't work either. I guess technically no unit is directly summoning since it's a buff that's causing the units to be summoned or something.

EDIT - I just tried detecting units that enter playable map area equal to spiderling and it's working like a charm.

keychup

Reaction score
You could give the summoned unit a dummy ability with no icon and detect whether the level of the ability for the summoned unit is greater than 0

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You can always add the unit that has the black arrow buff to a group and then every second check to see if it's alive or not. If it's not then create your summoned unit and refer to it via (Last Created Unit).

Also check to see if the buff has worn off and if it has then remove it from the unit group.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
You could give the summoned unit a dummy ability with no icon and detect whether the level of the ability for the summoned unit is greater than 0

You can always add the unit that has the black arrow buff to a group and then every second check to see if it's alive or not. If it's not then create your summoned unit and refer to it via (Last Created Unit).

Also check to see if the buff has worn off and if it has then remove it from the unit group.

I could also just pick all units of type but I try to avoid periodic triggers whenever I can. The Unit Enters Region event, at the moment, does what I need it to do.

The unit group idea sounds great for detecting units dying under a buff, I might use that in the future.

Thanks for all the ideas.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.