Refferring to Mirror Image Units

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yo.

I'm trying to make a spell that is like mirror image, where the duplicates are created, except they'll do exactly the same thing as the caster; I need them to be lined up with him and move to the same spots that he moves to, offset by a set distance, and to cast spells on the same target and the same spells and all that jazz. Problem is, I can't even find out how to refer to the images, so I don't even know where to begin.

Now, before I'm told to just trigger my own special units or whatever, let's ignore that fact and try to figure out exactly how to make this work. What'd the best method be to make the units move with him? I imagine I can just make them move to the same place offset by some amount, but I ain't good with the math of it all... so yeah, all help is much obliged! +rep for ya.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Code:
Unit - Order Unit to Move To [B]((Position of Caster) offset by Distance towards 0.00 degrees)[/B]

The bolded part is the point with polar offset

The rest is Unit- issue order targeting a point

The angle should be unit facing +90 if you want the units to move to the right of the caster and +180 if left

Edit: And I think you will need to make a dummy spell and create your own mirror images for it. I don't think you can check for if a unit is mirror image:(

Edit2: There is a boolean that may be interesting to you tho: Unit is an illusion

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Illusions can be detected in the 'A unit summons a unit' event. Use it along with the boolean as mentioned above. Also check the unit type if you want to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.