RPG Relapse

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Relapse ORPG
THE WORLD'S END​

INTRODUCTION
Relapse ORPG is a creative open-roleplaying game, which thrives off of not only story, but addicting gameplay. As a base core of features, saving and loading will be available. But, there are many other unique features that the game will have which will set this game far apart from many other rpgs you play.

STORY
As time goes by, many dimensions are created, each dimension controls the next dimension, and which will affect every other dimension. The defenders of time, known as the "Covenants of Time" are a group of entities which are able to 'view' a dimension. The Rift of Balance, which is the convent of the Covenants of Time, allows access between every dimension of time. The rift is losing power through certain dimensions, which will open up to the covenants which means that an event in the past is being attacked. You are here to defend those parts of time to prevent history to be forever altered. "Whatever happens, happens, and shalt remain.", which is followed by every covenant, and follower of the covenants.

As time goes by....another segment of the story shalt be revealed.

the story is still being developed

FEATURES
Pets - Pets are available to all players, but they must be captured first. When a pet is captured, you are able to use their abilities to kill enemies. Only wild animals are able to be captured.

Soul Vials - Every player possesses a soul vial which will help them increase in strength. Every time you kill an opponent, your soul vial's number of souls possessed will go up by one, once your soul vial's capacity maxes out, you are able to use your vial to increase your strength by upgrading your hero. Soul vials are also used to use a hero's ultimate ability.

....more coming soon

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
Upon creation of a character, there are no classes. You get the choice of choosing a display for your character, after choosing your display, you are given a set of base abilities. There are a total of 5 abilities you can choose. Each ability can determine how useful you would be in a fight and how you will help out everybody around you. You can be a tank, dps, and a support class.

ELEMENTS
Choosing a group of 5 abilities will be more complicating than one can think, because you may only possess one ability per element. There are 5 elements total.

Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and Darkness

Each element possesses at least one type of damage, tank, and support type of abilities, and each element possesses different ultimate abilities. You may only possess ONE ultimate ability out of all five elements though.

Alpha Testing
Public Alpha Testing will be issued quite soon, just so everybody can get a feel of gameplay and everything. Alpha release date is currently set for mid-july.

SCREENSHOTS
Disclaimer: All screenshots are still flagged as DEVELOPMENT. That means that the screenshot you are looking at, is still NOT completed. If you see terrain or a feature that does not look completely polished, then it is NOT completed yet.

This screenshot is not 100% completed. Finalized terrain detail will be more detailed than this screenshot really is.

TERRAIN CHANGES

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I've seen so much HQ stuff from you, I'm expecting no less from this one. :thup:

Looking forward to its completion.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Added some new screenshots. I know some parts aren't very detailed yet, that is currently being worked out. If you have some constructive criticism, or any suggestions, please feel free to say so. Thanks!

I've seen so much HQ stuff from you, I'm expecting no less from this one. :thup:

Looking forward to its completion.

Thank you. This project's alpha stage will be released fairly early just to get everything going so everybody can get a feel of the game.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sounds neat, :thup:
Soul Vials seem like a cool idea.
I don't like the ability system though, how you get one ability from each element, plus an ultimate. I'd rather focus on one or two elements, so that people are actually different, and you require different classes for different jobs.
Same, looking forward to completetion, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Sounds neat, :thup:
Soul Vials seem like a cool idea.
I don't like the ability system though, how you get one ability from each element, plus an ultimate. I'd rather focus on one or two elements, so that people are actually different, and you require different classes for different jobs.
Same, looking forward to completetion, :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Yeah, Soul Vials are pretty neat.

The elements thing is still being worked on really, I might allow 2 abilities for like a "main element" specialization, but, for now, its only one until I get to that point.

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Have you considered element abilities working similarly to talent trees? In other words, it already seems like there's a drawback to choosing more than two abilities in one element as you sacrifice diversity, but perhaps you could make it so that having two abilities in one element gave you access to stronger abilities in that element (as a possible third ability), should you wish to focus your abilities in one area. That way, players could choose whether they wanted to specialize and be strong in certain scenarios, or instead play it safer and be decent all around.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Have you considered element abilities working similarly to talent trees? In other words, it already seems like there's a drawback to choosing more than two abilities in one element as you sacrifice diversity, but perhaps you could make it so that having two abilities in one element gave you access to stronger abilities in that element (as a possible third ability), should you wish to focus your abilities in one area. That way, players could choose whether they wanted to specialize and be strong in certain scenarios, or instead play it safer and be decent all around.

I'll most likely consider it so character diversity will be higher. Anybody else have any suggestions before the first alpha version is released?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
That sucks. Good luck.

Thanks dude. Watch the screenshots to view progression of the map's development. The first screenshot sucks, but you can tell I am improving the atmosphere a lot ;P

The lighting and camera functions ingame now are a lot different.

7/2/09 2 New Screenshots Added! (GAMEPLAY)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I like them very much but in your map overview but a base is spammed with dark portal, may I know why?

Also some parts need more work like the bottom left area of a island, it seems deserted.

The one that is connected through shallow water near the top right needs some doodads as well.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I like them very much but in your map overview but a base is spammed with dark portal, may I know why?

Also some parts need more work like the bottom left area of a island, it seems deserted.

The one that is connected through shallow water near the top right needs some doodads as well.

That is pretty old honestly, the base is being worked on, it's supposed to show a "magical" effect somewhat. Either way, it's not done, I still gotta add more stuff to it. A lot of the terrain is improved.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Added screenshots where you can compare older screenshots with newer ones.

Also, I've been improving the map a lot majorly, and everything is just looking awesome. I may actually be able to release the first alpha earlier than I thought I would be able to.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Map sounds fun. The terrain is a bit plain in some areas, but you have already said that they are being worked on, and not finished. Soul vials sound really neat. The portals in the base do seem massed, maybe you should make a few locust units with the wisp harvest model and make their speed 522 and give them tornado wander, to make them move around alot. Then add some other special effects ect. Then add the weather effect(the purple dots one don't remember the name.) Well good luck with this one sorry about the other one.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Map sounds fun. The terrain is a bit plain in some areas, but you have already said that they are being worked on, and not finished. Soul vials sound really neat. The portals in the base do seem massed, maybe you should make a few locust units with the wisp harvest model and make their speed 522 and give them tornado wander, to make them move around alot. Then add some other special effects ect. Then add the weather effect(the purple dots one don't remember the name.) Well good luck with this one sorry about the other one.

Its cool. The terrain ingame doesn't necessarily have to be extremely detailed because ingame, there is custom lighting, and the atmosphere is completely different than most ORPGs. Like, there is supposed to be a "lost" feeling in the game, so, vision is limited, a pet can easily fix that problem though.

There's going to be a lot of stuff in the game that not many people have focused on before. Like, pets will have more use than just actually fighting, like, some pets will help you see further, and some will have the ability to scout very quickly. This is very beneficial, because, most creeps have the ability to see YOU before YOU see THEM. Therefore, most attacks are potential ambushes.

Oh and, the base, that might not be the final design. It's just something for now.

Also, every creep comes in level variations, like you can be fighting one monster, and it will be level 2, but the next one has a possibility of being level 3. The higher the level, the more experience you gain. Here is the EXP distribution so far:

Level 1 - 12 XP
Level 2 - 17 XP
Level 3 - 25 XP
Level 4 - 30 XP

Once you're over 6 levels higher than a monster, you won't gain anymore EXP from them, but power levelling will be a possibility, so instead of gaining EXP, allies nearby will receive a fair distribution. Same thing is with souls, once you're 6 levels higher and no longer able to gain EXP, you're no longer able to gain souls.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Silent Night had pets, but they wern't used in the way that this will use them, Silent Night also wasn't as thought out as this. Well it sounds good I can't wait for this good luck to you.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
The small island on the left looks quite nice and authentic. Though the portal filled region is a bit wierd.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
The small island on the left looks quite nice and authentic. Though the portal filled region is a bit wierd.

Yeah, the portal filled region, there's a purpose it is like that. But, like I said, I need to rethink the design of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.