Remove Patrol?

hamiltonbb2

Cool Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the patrol ability on a hero in order to allow for an extra ability slot? (i.e. remove patrol and allow an extra learned skill such as Wind Walk or Far Sight...etc) That way the hero could potentially learn more variety of abilities?

Hope I explained myself well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yeah I know its possible. 13lade619 did it in his map Legends. I'm not sure how though. :/

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Just speculating: hide the attack UI for your units in the data editor, alter the patrol button to look like attack, and use triggers to reissue patrol orders as attack orders?

[edit] Looks like I'm on the right track.

Trigger:
  • Patrol Reorder
    • Events
      • Unit - Blood Mage 0001 <gen> Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - Blood Mage 0001 <gen> Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(patrol))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Target unit of issued order) Not equal to No unit
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Target point of issued order)

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Yeah I know its possible. 13lade619 did it in his map Legends. I'm not sure how though. :/
I actually didnt remove the Patrol button. I just changed the icon and triggered the additional effects.

I don't know if it's possible to remove it since it's tied to the Move ability and also is a smart order.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.