Remove Spell Book - Add Ability

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
[LJASS]InitialSpellLearned[/LJASS] is an array of booleans 0-5.
[LJASS]Initial Spell[/LJASS] is a custom ability based on [LJASS]Spell Book[/LJASS].
Trigger:
  • Set Initial Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • InitialSpellLearned[((Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) - 1)] Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of (Ability being cast))
      • Unit - Remove Initial Spell from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add (Ability being cast) to (Triggering unit)

It should be clear what I am trying to do here. The problem is it does not give the unit the new ability.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Did you make the ability a hero ability after putting it in the spellbook? Does the game display the right ability?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Did you make the ability a hero ability after putting it in the spellbook? Does the game display the right ability?
This is all unit stuff. The [LJASS]Initial Spell[/LJASS] is a unit ability. All the abilities in it are unit abilities. The [LJASS](Triggering unit)[/LJASS] is a unit.
One of the abilities is Wind Walk. When I go into the spell book and choose to cast Wind Walk, the unit goes invisible, the spell book is removed and the game displays, "Wind Walk".

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
once the ability is removed from the unit i believe it can no longer be referenced by ability being cast, save it in a variable first

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Maybe you can try adding the ability first before removing, perhaps the ability being cast is lost after you remove the spellbook?

Edit: Just saw GFreak's post. Or you can try that too?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks. Sky, I tried that and it did not work for some odd reason. The variable storage worked though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.