Removing Ability art

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a spell based off chain lightning that creates an effect on the target unit and has the lightning effect, as the spell normally does; however, the way I have it, the damaging effects of the spell on work 50% of the time. What I need is a way to keep the lightning effects and all from appearing when the spell miscasts.

Any easy way to do this, or should I just remove the art effects from the dummy spell and just add special effects in by trigger? Thanks.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Alright, so I changed it but now my lightning effect is a lil' off - most of the time it will work, but occasionally the lightning will come from some unseen place far off the the left, and it targets the caster, instead of coming from the caster and targeting the target. Here's the trigger:
Code:
Arcane Transference
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Arcane Transference 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 2) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to ((Mana of (Casting unit)) - ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) + (3.00 x (Real((Hero level of (Casting unit)))))))
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
                Set Arc_Trans[0] = (Last created special effect)
                Lightning - Create a Mana Burn lightning effect from source (Position of (Casting unit)) to target (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
                Set Arc_Trans2 = (Last created lightning effect)
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 1.80) + ((Real((Hero level of (Casting unit)))) x 3.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
                Wait 0.33 seconds
                Special Effect - Destroy Arc_Trans[0]
                Lightning - Destroy Arc_Trans2
            Else - Actions
                Wait 0.22 seconds
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
                Set Arc_Trans[0] = (Last created special effect)
                Wait 0.55 seconds
                Special Effect - Destroy Arc_Trans[0]

If anyone can figure it out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Just use a dummy Chain Lightning spell that deals no damage and has no art effect or lightning effect.
Then use the trigger with the condition above to create 50% chance for the spell to procure (or not).
If it does, create a dummy unit and use the dummy unit instead of cast the real Chain Lightning spell.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Ah, that should work. Really can't tell why the lightning effect is spazzing out though... weird. Thanks bud.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.