~ Renegade ~

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
~ Renegade ~​

"We are a pack of Elite Soldiers from VER, a Top Secret Classified soldier-training place in the Nevada Desert. We have been abandoned, left, and humiliated by VER, and know, they are searching after us in the city of Calinea, Quebec.

Calinea is an abandoned city, invaded by Predators. Predators is a hostile alien race, which plan to take over the whole planet. We have heard their plans, they are terrible.

Right now the only way to survive, is to kill.
This will be the destruction of mankind, if not someone does something. And that someone.. Is us.

When you read this letter, we are probably dead, or hiding from VER and the Predators."

Renegade is a survival game, you play 4 players, and when you reach 20/35/50/70/100 deaths, you are defeated. Last man standing is victorious.

Renegade is taking action in the year of 2074, where the number of humans has been greatly reduced, due to war.
The Predators are versus you, the VER is versus you. Everyone, except your teammates is against you.

This map uses a lot of kb, right now about 1.500 kb, probably wont go above 1.800.
The map is designed to, that teamplay greatly helps out in combat.
It is an small map, and there is combat all the time, since you revive pretty fast. Nuke spells is a big part of the map.

I need help in balancing.

So far is the map:
Terrain: 60%
Heroes: 10%
Units: 40%
Balancing: 5%
Gameplay: 10%
Systems: 15%

Systems used:
emjlr3's Attribute System

So long have I used on this project:
I have used about 3 months on this, with delays.
This has been delayed 4 times, but will probably not again.
I am making on this project when Tinki3 is making spells for my map, Era of Alliance

Any comments/bugs can be reported at this mail: [email protected]

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Is this Predators like AvP and the Pred movies? Besides that, seems pretty cool. Whenever I see 'Renegade' I think of the CnC game.

I CAN BALANCE! I'm great at balancing stuff (I think lol). PM or something if you want.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Everyone, except your teammates is against you.

Are you sure?!?!! What kind of revolutionary concept is this?!

Sorry....

Anyway, as for the map, kind of sounds like 16-player Halo games in Longest or something with the constant combat idea.

Is the combat system made so that ranged attacks can be dodged or are you screwed if you someone shoots at you?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Are you sure?!?!! What kind of revolutionary concept is this?!

Sorry....

Anyway, as for the map, kind of sounds like 16-player Halo games in Longest or something with the constant combat idea.

Is the combat system made so that ranged attacks can be dodged or are you screwed if you someone shoots at you?

I got no combat system, yet. I am still thinking of the systems..
Could someone give me ideas for systems? Right now I am thinking of a shooter-movement system.

> Are you sure?!?!! What kind of revolutionary concept is this?!

Bad formulating.. I mean, sometimes in RPG, there is a computer player which is with you.. This is not like that..

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I got no combat system, yet. I am still thinking of the systems..
Could someone give me ideas for systems? Right now I am thinking of a shooter-movement system

I think a system like in Afterlife (not sure what other games have it) would be useful for this gametype just because the way it's used. Although I would make it only fire on command rather than automatically.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I think a system like in Afterlife (not sure what other games have it) would be useful for this gametype just because the way it's used. Although I would make it only fire on command rather than automatically.

I have never played Afterlife. Explain?

crystalguard

Reaction score
You could try a system like in Elimination Tournament (might be like after life but idk really)
What it is, is Instead of normal attacks they have a skill baced off Shock wave. This creates a bullet dummy unit that goes in a streight line, and if it collides with anything it dissapears.

Also you might consider useing the Vector and Particle Systems. Just to make the game more relistic.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
You could try a system like in Elimination Tournament (might be like after life but idk really)
What it is, is Instead of normal attacks they have a skill baced off Shock wave. This creates a bullet dummy unit that goes in a streight line, and if it collides with anything it dissapears.

Also you might consider useing the Vector and Particle Systems. Just to make the game more relistic.

The shockwave doesn't go away if it hits a unit.

Could you give some links for the Vector and Particle systems?

crystalguard

Reaction score
The shockwave doesn't go away if it hits a unit.

Could you give some links for the Vector and Particle systems?

NO the shockwave is just the dummy spell used for summone the bullet through triggers, and the triggers make the bullet go away when collideing with a unit.

Also I have never used the vector and partical systems personaly, but I think theres a tutorial on it at Wc3campaigns.net.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> NO the shockwave is just the dummy spell used for summone the bullet through triggers, and the triggers make the bullet go away when collideing with a unit.

What? I don't understand..

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
What he means is that you fire (I doubt the ET weapon firing ability is based on Shockwave), a dummy is used to simulate a projectile, and when it collides with terrain/doodad/unit, it'll be destroyed. You can find MaDOS ([MaD]Lion's Object System, he created MaD Balls Arena if you didn't knoe) at www.clancbs.com as far as I know.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
What he means is that you fire (I doubt the ET weapon firing ability is based on Shockwave), a dummy is used to simulate a projectile, and when it collides with terrain/doodad/unit, it'll be destroyed. You can find MaDOS ([MaD]Lion's Object System, he created MaD Balls Arena if you didn't knoe) at www.clancbs.com as far as I know.

Thank ya. But, I can't really make it to work.. Whatever.. I find the projectile system.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
the picture is almost done, I based it off on the game: Renegade, and it was harder than I thought with pen tool and all...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.