[REP SYSTEM] Unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Well, to start with I wanted to tell you, that i dont care about this.
But maybe some people does:

If someone which is very good at coding creates a good spell in vJASS, with no leaks or whatever, he gets much rep and credits.
But.
If someone which has problem with his vJASS, and has some leaks, he just gets flamed, and stop to make spells. Or coding.

I think it's a very Unfair system.

//Chaos_Knight

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest, I stopped caring about Rep when I got -3 for telling someone how to do something different, I realized that once you get 100 and you get your pretty little custom title, it's worthless.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I'm a bit puzzled here - may I ask how this
If someone which has problem with his vJASS, and has some leaks, he just gets flamed, and stop to make spells. Or coding.
actually related to the reputation system? Unless, of course, you mean that people are getting negative rep for asking questions.

At any rate, not everything in life is fair but, to be honest, rep isn't something that anyone should be losing any sleep over - perhaps a 'Thanks' system would be more appropriate (i.e. people approving of a post through a little Thanks button, but no negative equivalent), although there are situations where people think a -rep is necessary.

How people see the system and what they do with it, will vary from person to person - some people are very conservative about it (either for positive or negative rep) while others can be very liberal with it.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score

I meant that If anyone creates a vJASS spell without any knowledge about vJASS, he gets flamed for the creation of his spell.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I meant that If anyone creates a vJASS spell without any knowledge about vJASS, he gets flamed for the creation of his spell.

Well yea, that's like having someone who's never cooked before making my $40 dinner. No thanks.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Somewhere someone need to start.. even it might not be the best "vJASS" Whatever that is lol
I mean you learn alot more when you try it you self.
So give them a Chance without be flamed. Well, It doesn't hurt someone.

Well yea, that's like having someone who's never cooked before making my $40 dinner. No thanks.
If someone made the best dinner ever to you. Even if that person never cooked a meal before. what would you say than?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> If anyone creates a vJASS spell without any knowledge about vJASS, he gets flamed for the creation of his spell.

Where is this? If people are flaming, that should be reported. We don't tolerate that sort of thing around here.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
> If anyone creates a vJASS spell without any knowledge about vJASS, he gets flamed for the creation of his spell.

Where is this? If people are flaming, that should be reported. We don't tolerate that sort of thing around here.

It was an example. Not flamed, but what word to use? He gets told about his leaks on a way that isnt very fair. :O

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> He gets told about his leaks on a way that isnt very fair.

Do you have some examples?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
It is harsh criticism yes... But all artists get this, as per the situation decrees it... If you do a bad job and don't get criticized for it you may delude into thinking it's the next best thing, when it's absolutely horrid. You'd have loved that harsh criticism then.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Constructive criticism and flaming are two completely different things. Do not accuse anyone of doing the latter when they're doing the former.
Constructive criticism should be taken on-board, and you should learn how to improve your spells or codes from such comments.

Everybody had to learn at some point in time.

And besides that, are you surprised that somebody who knows what they're doing, and helps people gets more reputation than somebody who is learning, and asks for help? :rolleyes:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It's fair that a resource being submitted for approval should receive criticism if it has problems, or if it leaks. We don't approve those, and not many people would want to use one.

Flaming should be reported. People who are new to coding should figure out what they are doing before they try and submit something.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
When you registered to this site, where did it say that this is a fair democracy where everyone gets what they want?

I think you actually missed the part that this site is a rallying point for Combine forces that is preparing to invade earth and enslave its population.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i think only the people who truly care only about rep only will be siding with the "unfair" rep system here.

Its a point system for peaks sakes, rep points dont matter outside of this forum.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I'm confused here.

If someone which is very good at coding creates a good spell in vJASS, with no leaks or whatever, he gets much rep and credits.
This is... right. What's so abnormal about this?

This confuses me? What's it got to do with the reputation system? Probably Romek's post best describes this scenario.

Anyway, just do whatever you think is right and go with the flow. You'll get recognised soon enough. :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I think it's just for a tad bit more "fun and games".
Also, this section is titled "Forum Questions", and this thread lacks a question related to the forums, just an opinion. Thus, this thread goes bye-bye.

You don't like it, you don't use it. You do like it, you do use it. If someone gets mad enough to quit something over rep, they have issues if you ask me... :rolleyes:

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.