Replacing a units model?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You play DotA, don't you?

You may need some trigger like Naix. To remove the original unit to somewhere else. Create Illusion of the target unit. And you might need selection trigger. To select the Illusion whenever your hero is selected. There's no easy or smooth way to do this. In any way at all, it wouldn't give you a desireable result.

Illusions do have a lot of weaknesses. Like items and ability casting. But it's the only way to be able to simulate another unit. Illusions can have 100% attack. Armor is a problem though.

'Replace unit' will remove the unit's hotkey (CTRL + ##). Also, it will cause some trouble when heroes are being replaced.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
You play DotA, don't you?

You may need some trigger like Naix. To remove the original unit to somewhere else. Create Illusion of the target unit. And you might need selection trigger. To select the Illusion whenever your hero is selected. There's no easy or smooth way to do this. In any way at all, it wouldn't give you a desireable result.

Illusions do have a lot of weaknesses. Like items and ability casting. But it's the only way to be able to simulate another unit. Illusions can have 100% attack. Armor is a problem though.

'Replace unit' will remove the unit's hotkey (CTRL + ##). Also, it will cause some trouble when heroes are being replaced.

Well, actually, I think that replacing unit X with unit Y and removing the units original abilities, and adding the spy's abilities seems to get me close (along with setting the units health and mana). Because the spy is one player, I figured an armor change upgrade would work, which it isn't. If I can get the armor type "upgrade" to work, then I will be all set!

changing any armor upgrade's stat to change the armor type doesn't seem to be working. Nor is changing the armor type to be set (unarmored, small, ect). I've tried setting it to researched, and researching it in the game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.