Check my user cp to if you want:)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hi:p i got a complainment,

Jindo -repped me couse i said i was rheias friend :S

Link is Here
Check my user cp to if you want:)

I think you deserve it, you told him his sig was bad but you didn't give him any feedback or tips on how to fix it.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Orc has a point, but still. Jindo shouldn't -rep Demi because he said he was Rheias's friend. Thats like me saying, "I'm gay! Anyone got a problem with it!?" and getting -repped.

duyen

Reaction score
Hmm, so when your writing a message saying that you -repped somebody everyone can -rep you for it because you simply stated a bad reason or something? Hmm, it was intended to be more of a personal message and I would've understoof if Orc_Tamer gave -rep.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Why was this thread opened, again?

I know we should allow members to complain and give feedback, but...about reputation?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
As stated in the first post of this thread

"Any questions, comments, or suggestions about Reputation - post in this thread. Thanks.

If you want to know how this forum uses Reputation go here

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/reputation

If you have a problem with someone giving you negative rep it is OK to complain about it but please do not get crazy about it - even I get crazy negative rep every once in a while. If you are really helpful that -1 negative rep is not going to hurt ya."

I don't see anywhere in that where it says this thread is for complaining about unfair rep. Complaining about repution is not what this thread is about. I really cannot help that people don't read what the thread is about before they post in it.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Comments on Rep?
I've got one.
People doesn't care too much about +Repping someone after being helped :p
But they did say "Thank you" though :)
(especially those people who only have the rank 'Visitor' comes to ask one question and never appear again)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
> Jindo shouldn't -rep Demi because he said he was Rheias's friend.

That's just Demi stretching the truth as usual.

I -repped him for his reply, I only meant the post as a joke, but he took it serious enough to give me his bad attitude, and rep me back (he +repped me, I'm assuming that was as accident).

What I -repped him for was perfectly fair, I've been here long enough to know how to actually use the system :).

(I myself don't see why anyone should need to complain about the rep they receive, like TH said, it won't kill you, if you don't like the rep system, then ingore it.)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Where does it say to PM an Admin to complain about Negative Rep Jindo? It doesn't anywhere. We definitely do not want a bunch of Reputation Complaint PMs. Basically, if you get negative rep - you get negative rep. Just deal with it.

Reaction score
>On a related note, there's no problem with giving -rep to demi...
That kind of comments usually make me -rep.. :p (note "usually")..

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Where does it say to PM an Admin to complain about Negative Rep Jindo? It doesn't anywhere. We definitely do not want a bunch of Reputation Complaint PMs. Basically, if you get negative rep - you get negative rep. Just deal with it.

Ugh, my bad, I could've sworn people've said before.

I edited it out, sorry.

duyen

Reaction score
As stated in the first post of this thread

"Any questions, comments, or suggestions about Reputation - post in this thread. Thanks.

If you want to know how this forum uses Reputation go here

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/reputation

If you have a problem with someone giving you negative rep it is OK to complain about it but please do not get crazy about it - even I get crazy negative rep every once in a while. If you are really helpful that -1 negative rep is not going to hurt ya."

I don't see anywhere in that where it says this thread is for complaining about unfair rep. Complaining about repution is not what this thread is about. I really cannot help that people don't read what the thread is about before they post in it.

Hmm you call -17 rep not gonna hurt me? When I originally had 68 rep?

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Maybe it's not called like that, but it surely exists :p.

Really guys... if you get -rep, don't complain... just modify your behaviour so you won't get it in the future for the same reason. I've been -repped 2 times: once for my avatar (it was pretty offensive as in sexuality and I admitted that the person had a good reason to do it, everyone has different limits in everything) and the second when I offended someone... (the guy was a pretty big flamer, but I simple dealt with him by PMs and a -rep back :p. We discussed through PMs and eventually he admitted that he exaggerated a bit).

So... it isn't a big deal. Just be cool and respect the others ;).

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Neg Rep is just saying you made a mistake and try to improve your behavior...
Most learn by mistakes... Do you know how many neg reps it took me to get it right :p
I think at least 2 to 3 neg rep comments from Ace and 10 from other people XD
So don't think its because they hate you... its because there trying to correct you :D... I don't think I made that clear or nice sounded but w/e you get the point

I have a custom button here that says "Reset rep for this lamer". Wanna see it in action?

Lol, Nice Ace :p

duyen

Reaction score
Maybe it's not called like that, but it surely exists :p.

Really guys... if you get -rep, don't complain... just modify your behaviour so you won't get it in the future for the same reason. I've been -repped 2 times: once for my avatar (it was pretty offensive as in sexuality and I admitted that the person had a good reason to do it, everyone has different limits in everything) and the second when I offended someone... (the guy was a pretty big flamer, but I simple dealt with him by PMs and a -rep back :p. We discussed through PMs and eventually he admitted that he exaggerated a bit).

So... it isn't a big deal. Just be cool and respect the others ;).

Very easy for you to say with your 800 rep.

If you rationed my 17:68 = 200:800. So your saying getting -200 rep would be just learning from your mistakes? Look at it from my perspective for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.