Reputation Part 2 - Post Reputation Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Very easy for you to say with your 800 rep.

If you rationed my 17:68 = 200:800. So your saying getting -200 rep would be just learning from your mistakes? Look at it from my perspective for once.
I was given -rep for double posting a long time ago. I think it was -15 from my 10. TH busted up my rep after he saw I had a red bar.
See, if you remain cool, the TH.net staff will help you out when they figure you don't deserve your current rep (take it away even).

duyen

Reaction score
Thanks for the +rep, but all these mods are either disrespecting me, or just ignoring me, except for TH... which I'm not sure what he's doing.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Thanks for the +rep, but all these mods are either disrespecting me, or just ignoring me, except for TH... which I'm not sure what he's doing.
TH is the guy who cleans up the messes on TH.net. He's pretty cool. Yea, but Smith had really said everything that needs to be said. From the negative rep (big or small) you've got to learn from it, and even discuss about it through the PMs. Depending on the situation, you could earn some rep back from that member who just -repped you. :)

But to be honest, rep is nothing to be except for spam comments (lol, thx, bye, hello, etc), but I know when it was important; I sure was pissed when people gave me -rep for nothing.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> If you rationed my 17:68 = 200:800. So your saying getting -200 rep would be just learning from your mistakes?

You can't really compare it like that.
There's no way someone would get a total of -200 rep and not get banned.
And most -rep comes when the person is still fairly new to the forums. When they haven't yet got a feel for how things operate around here, you see.

But you can't really look at -17 rep as a percentage of your total. You have to see it how it is.
That could be -rep from only two people.
But you shouldn't worry about what is.
Move on and forget about it. ;)

> all these mods are either disrespecting me, or just ignoring me

I wouldn't say disrespecting you.
Unless you mean Ace, and, well, he's just like that. You get used to it. :p

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
This isn't really a problem of mine, but I posted my Bunny's Creed signature.

At that very minute, only a few seconds after, I saw a rep from Ninva with no comment.

Then I immediately checked Ninva's account, and he's offline.

Wtf?

I mean, it is good because I gained rep :D But I'm just wondering how...

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This isn't really a problem of mine, but I posted my Bunny's Creed signature.

At that very minute, only a few seconds after, I saw a rep from Ninva with no comment.

Then I immediately checked Ninva's account, and he's offline.

Wtf?

I mean, it is good because I gained rep :D But I'm just wondering how...
I'm hidden; I found your signature funny, shoot me. :rolleyes:

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Oh, damn..

Nvm then. I didn't know it would be that coincidental. :p

I didn't even know hidden did that, no wonder why I can't see some people's last activities.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The staff do not "disrespect", they enforce.

If you truly feel you HAVE been disrespected, you need to bring it up with another member of the staff with some kind of proof or evidence.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Anman, when I was -repped, I had way less rep... those were in the past :p.

Seriously now... it's something on a forum o_O. It's not like it's going to give you a buck for every +rep and take from you a buck for every -rep.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you're complaining about getting a big -rep, maybe you should seek smaller +reps too?

Just deal with it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have unstuck this thread and now it will sink into oblivion and only be Search Engine Fodder. I cannot believe I stickied a thread about Reputation anyway. At least it is here for posterity from one of the early adopters of the VBulletin Reputation system. Note to anyone thinking about implementing Reputation on your VBulletin forum - the system is great just don't sticky a thread for people complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.