Request for duel trigger system

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Dunno if this is the right place to put a request on but I didn't know where to put it elsewhere...

Anyway, Hi, I'm in big need of a working duel system, the one I have leaks and is almost unreadeble. Also it doesn't work perfectly since if the duel starts when a unit is for example flying with flypath (inside a goblin zepelin) he will not be able to enter the arena. Also the duel ends after a certian amount of time instead of when there is only one person left... (I have free for all under duel so everyone kills everyone even though it's 2 teams outside the duel).

Please I would really apriciate if someone helpled me make a fully working unleaking duel system... Or can link me further somewhere if someone else allready has done this (seached and seached but didn't find anything...).

Thanks on beforehand
/Kazuga

Mittsies

Reaction score
Honestly this sounds like something you should just do yourself. If you truly want a working duel system, start working on it and come back here to ask any questions you may have about it. I am sure someone may have a working duel system for you to use, but honestly there is nothing better than being able to say "Yeah, I fully triggered my map without using anyone else's scripts. :D"

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
As I said earlier, I do have a duel trigger but it leaks alot wich makes the game laggy.

Burningicce9

Cool Member
Reaction score
Post the trigger here and we can help you with it.

Seriously, it is much better to make your own stuff. I remember when I was making a hero arena, and I had to make my own duel system. It was hard (my first major triggering feat), but i finally managed to do it, and I learned a lot.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
For crying out loud.... Hasn't anyone made a duel system that works properly?
Burningicce9 I have been working on my hero arena for 3 mounths now seriesly and I do have learned alot allready, I have spent hours of work on just the dueling system I have and when I then post the triggers (in another thread) the comments are "That leaks alot" and such stuff. Noone says what leaks or how to fix it. That's why I want an allready working duel system, not fix my own, so please NO more comments of "you should fix your current duel system cause it's much more fun and you learn alot".

Thank you on beforehand (again)
/Kazuga

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
For crying out loud.... Hasn't anyone made a duel system that works properly?
Your attitude is pissing me off. Have you even checked the systems and demo maps section? Still, once you import it into your map its not going to magically work, youll need to fix it up yourself.
Noone says what leaks or how to fix it.
Once again did you even bother looking for it? There are plenty of these tutorials around.
That's why I want an already working duel system, not fix my own,
See first comment.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Your attitude is pissing me off. Have you even checked the systems and demo maps section? Still, once you import it into your map its not going to magically work, youll need to fix it up yourself.
Once again did you even bother looking for it? There are plenty of these tutorials around.See first comment.

My attitude is pissing you off? And what about that attitude? Isn't that much worse? And the matter of fact that you don't help me in any way to achieve what I'm trying to achive. Instead of telling me (as the previous 2 posts) to fix own trigger system and such please read what I was requesting for or don't bother posting any comment.

Once again (again again), what I need is, a working duel system that doesn't leak. A link would be real nice since someone sure has done it earlier.

Thank you on beforehand ( again again)

/Kazuga

Mittsies

Reaction score
I can make you a duel script if you specify EXACT what you want it to do. Describe how the process will happen, such as, "teleports 2 heroes into an arena, last hero standing wins." It'll be very simple if you want it, but you can modify it to your needs.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I can make you a duel script if you specify EXACT what you want it to do. Describe how the process will happen, such as, "teleports 2 heroes into an arena, last hero standing wins." It'll be very simple if you want it, but you can modify it to your needs.

Thanks, finally :eek:.

Ok, first of all, I want all player heroes to be moved to random locations in the duel area, normally it's 2 teams but I want everyone to face everyone as an enemy during the duel. The duel ends when there is only 2 heroes left, when that happends, all heroes wil lbe revived with full hp and mana at the location they were at before the duel started. Also when the duel starts, all mana, health should be set to full and ability coondowns reseted.

If there is any more information you need please say so :rolleyes:.

Thanks on beforehand:

/Greatest wishes Kazuga.

Mittsies

Reaction score
This trigger starts the duel when player 1 says "-start duel". You can easily change the event to whatever you want.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -start duel as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in ALL_HEROES and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Random point in DUEL_ARENA <gen>)
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
                Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to 100.00%
[COLOR="Red"]                -------- refresh cooldowns here --------
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove Divine Shield from (Picked unit)
                        Unit - Add Divine Shield to (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions
                -------- and so on --------[/COLOR]
                Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit)) over 0.00 seconds
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player Group - Add (Picked player) to TEAM_1
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 7 (Green)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player Group - Add (Picked player) to TEAM_2
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make (Picked player) treat (Picked player) as an Enemy
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: LET THE DUEL BEGIN!

To refresh ability cooldowns, remove and re-add each ability from the hero. This may be a complicated process if you have a lot of heroes, but I gave you a basic example colored in red.

The trigger below ends the duel once there is only 1 hero left.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (Number of units in (Units in DUEL_ARENA <gen> matching (((Matching unit) is in ALL_HEROES) Equal to True))) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in DUEL_ARENA <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to [COLOR="Blue"](Center of HOME_REGION <gen>)[/COLOR]
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Picked unit)) +  has won the duel!)
        Player Group - Pick every player in TEAM_1 and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make (Picked player) treat (Picked player) as an Ally with shared vision
        Player Group - Pick every player in TEAM_2 and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Make (Picked player) treat (Picked player) as an Ally with shared vision

DUEL_ARENA <gen> = The region of the duel arena where units will spawn in randomly.

TEAM_1 / TEAM_2 = The two groups of players. I'm guessing your two teams are players 1 through 6 versus players 7 through 12.

ALL_HEROES = All the heroes that are eligible for dueling. Set these heroes in a different trigger.

HOME_REGION <gen> (colored in blue) = Set this to where the last standing hero will return.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, this trigger is VERY simple, but gives you a basic idea of how to make a duel arena. I hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.