[REQUEST] Myspace with CSS, Designing, slicing then added CSS

G

gohanex999

Hey I need some help on the CSS when coding a myspace page.

Well heres why I need help. I'm starting a band and I'm wanting to get a Myspace page up like what most bands want to do. Problem is, I don't want a rubbish layout made from a generator, just makes it look so unprofessional. I've stubbled opon some really impressive band Myspaces and the method was that the layout was designed first, sliced, coded and added onto myspace. My problem is knowing what to do with the coding.

I know how to design stuff so thats not a problem.

So far I'm only clear on designing, slicing and the coding im clueless on.

Can anyone explain to me how this works, I presume it has something with <div> tables, but would I need to slice on Photoshop, save as web and just edit the coding from there? And how would I make it blend with Myspace!

Here is an example.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=101855470

Thanks guys.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Last time I checked, and this was awhile ago, you had to "mess up" myspaces DIVS to get yours to work. I don't remember how to do it, though. Search google maybe?

Rad

Reaction score
The trick to band profiles is for the most part, the entire page is left intact.

The only real modification is removing the navigation bar at the top (Home, search, music links etc) and replacing it with either an image div or adding a margin to the top of the remaining div and placing a background there.

Thats the only real modding of the pages thats different from normal myspace pages. The rest is just font color, sizes and spacing

I'll look into it and see if I can build you an example though

EDIT:
This page might help you get started though
http://www.pimpwebpage.com/band.php

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.