Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I've never seen caster systems in GUI... But then again, I haven't exactly looked...

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
My english suck , so I'll try to do my best :p .

I don't have a name but this isn't a problem^^.
It create 10 fire ball (idc about the model) then each ball move to make a kinda big spiral around the caster

second one:
Eye of the devil:
When the caster cast the spell , it create an oval and a circle in to make an eye at the target point , 2 seconds later the eye is destroyed and it create an explosion in the middle of the circle.

I hope you did understand.

Edit: can it be Mui pls , if its possible

Can I have more details on the first spell? Is it a passive? An active? And do you mean spiral as in circling around the hero? As for the second spell, any specific radius?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Hey. I don't exactly have a spell request....but I was wondering if I could help make GUI spells. Instead of just Glenphir doing all the work...this could be a thread for combined GUI spell requests that anyone can do.

I have no idea how much time each person would be able to spend on this, but I guess a combined effort would be better on everyone's part.

Also, to make sure 2 people don't do the same spell maybe we could declare that we're doing it?

This isn't final. Just wanted your thoughts Glenphir....along with other GUI coders on whether they would help out.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think he wants the first one to be like meteor, the spell from the astral mage in Age of Myths or the Fire Lords Spell in Mini-Element Arena.

If you haven't played those games, heres what they do: The caster casts a spell (Probably a dummy spell) and 6,8,9 meteors rain down from the sk at a rate of 1,2,3 meteors per second. They level out at the casters approximate chest level and start to orbit him/her. Any unit that is hit by the meteor takes damage and when a meteor hits an enemy, it explodes (Exploding doesn't do AOE damage, just a SE for removing the meteor).

If this isn't what he wants, I wouldn't mind having it made.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Completed the spell Arcane Flurry. Enjoy :thup:

Hey. I don't exactly have a spell request....but I was wondering if I could help make GUI spells. Instead of just Glenphir doing all the work...this could be a thread for combined GUI spell requests that anyone can do.

I have no idea how much time each person would be able to spend on this, but I guess a combined effort would be better on everyone's part.

Also, to make sure 2 people don't do the same spell maybe we could declare that we're doing it?

This isn't final. Just wanted your thoughts Glenphir....along with other GUI coders on whether they would help out.

Actually, I do think that it'll be better with more people.

I'm not sure but I think he wants the first one to be like meteor, the spell from the astral mage in Age of Myths or the Fire Lords Spell in Mini-Element Arena.

If you haven't played those games, heres what they do: The caster casts a spell (Probably a dummy spell) and 6,8,9 meteors rain down from the sk at a rate of 1,2,3 meteors per second. They level out at the casters approximate chest level and start to orbit him/her. Any unit that is hit by the meteor takes damage and when a meteor hits an enemy, it explodes (Exploding doesn't do AOE damage, just a SE for removing the meteor).

If this isn't what he wants, I wouldn't mind having it made.

If you want it made, just post more details on it :thup:

Joccaren

Reaction score
If you want it made, just post more details on it :thup:

As far as I'm concerned they are most of details. (Unless you want damage ect.)
The only thing I can think I missed out is the fact that they last only for a limited time. You can make up the damage/duration. If you need more details, use the meteor from this map as a detail template, just the damage doesn't have to be based on strength. http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71846&highlight=mini+element+arena

Archideas

Reaction score
Alright, here's a spell request for ya. Doesn't necesserily have to be MUI but it'd be prefered.

icons_8781_btn.jpg

Berserker's Rampage

The hero starts to rapidly spin in his place, rendering him unable to attack or move. Every 0.5 second the hero hurls a spear in a random direction, damaging, hamstringing and severely wounding every enemy unit it hits. Lasts 4 seconds.

Level 1 - 100 damage, 75 damage overtime and a 30% movement speed reduction.
Level 2 - 140 damage, 100 damage overtime and a 45% movement speed reduction.
Level 3 - 180 damage, 125 damage overtime and a 60% movement speed reduction.

Thanks in advance!

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^ Berserker's Rampage....speed of the spears thrown?

Btw, I can use hashtables....so MUI is a lot easier for me.

Archideas

Reaction score
Eh, I suppose 900-1100? It should at least be pretty fast so it actually looks like it's being thrown with speed. :p

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Also...what's the range of the thrown spears? Do they just keep going until they're off the map?

Do they slow down as they get further away from the caster?
Do they have an AOE effect or do you want the effect small enough that it looks non-AOE?

I can't think of any more questions for now.

Archideas

Reaction score
The range should be about 1000 or so.
And no, they don't slow down.
Don't really understand the last question. ;P

Archideas

Reaction score
If you're talking about how close the units have to be to the spears to count as hit, it should be relatively close.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
crap , so my spell cannot be made ? :(

how about this one instead

Tree surround - summon trees around a hero and traps it.. i tried finding dota sprout around here and the patch killed every spell i found.. i know how to create the trees around the hero, but i not sure how to remove the trees after X amount of seconds. so basically im asking for dota sprout

Archideas

Reaction score
One solution might be to constantly reduce the trees life. Calculate how much should be drained per second until the trees die at the correct time.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
the thread you started might be a little (how can I say it...) meaningless???
if anyone only gets prepared triggering spells he won't learn in his life to how to make them...
that was my opinion....
Give the trees an expiration timer.
Now the spell(difficult one)

I have a hero that casts an ability (e.g.Telepathy) that has an effect on the target (15 second last).The casting unit attacks another target and the damage dealt to the other x20/30/40/50/60% is dealt to the one who had telepathy.If the hero attacks the target that has the telepathy effect nothing happens.It also every second decreases the telepathy target all his stats by 1%(INT,STR,AGI) including bonuses.The telepathy target after the 15 seconds recovers by 3% until it reaches the past ability values.

Archideas

Reaction score
That would be a positive. I dunno if Moridin already started or not. But I guess it wouldn't hurt if it got made now. ;P

*EDIT*

@ NoobImbaPro

One might say that it's meaningless. Others might take it as a chance to see how it's done and learn from it, thus increasing their own skills from understanding and learning. It's like a math book with all the answers at the end pages, eh? Not really, but still. :p

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@Archideas

In my country the math and physic books have the solution at the end but not the procedure......this is what i meant...
You must have the structure in your mind and then all the others come in your head.If you don't know how to set the structure everything you get is a solution that can help you for a small period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.