Requesting Website

Lyzet

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Since my last few projects on the same matter has been blown to pieces, I am going to try once more.

I am looking for someone, who has the time and dedication to commit a hundred percent, to a project that I need done for a community.

Let me start off by introducing who we are, and why we need this website.

We are a training community in the game called "Heroes Of Newerth" the DotA 'remake'
It was established around December month, and we have been going strong ever since. We are called Epzylon. So far we have 211 members, wich might not seem that much for a community, but that is simply because we are requiring full devotion from every single member. We have a structure that can only work if every person in the community respects the rules, and the foundation of our systems. When i started playing this game, it didn't take long for me to realize how bad the community is in that game. And as you allready know, it wasn't the best in Dota either. It is the genre that drives people crazy, and gets the worst out in some. The community is filled with personal attackers, ragers, flamers, and trolls. To come to the stage where you start having fun, and you start seeing the potential in the game, and how amazing it is, you have to go trough a month, maybe 2 months of harsh and unbelieveable times, where you feel like killing yourself. This is when i had the idea of starting up a community seperated from the general community in HoN. Our purpose is simple. We invite ANYONE who is anything from a complete newbie who never even touched a keyboard before, to someone who knows the basics of the game but wants to become better at it, to come and play in a nice environment, with a good atmosphaere, while having good players teach and play with them. So far it has only shown positive aspects of the situation, and we keep growing better and bigger.

We need this website, because for 3 months allready we have had only just a forum, a vbulletin one though, but we started making partnerships with other huge communities, and we have come to the phase where the website will do us so much good in evolving this training community.

Now for abit about what the website should be.

The Design should be very very nice, visually astonishing, no fullflash but with effects in the background like a smoke or something similar, an intro page before entering the website.

About the template, there should be a regular "News" page, on the front, where above the articles, there should be some kind of "Switching banner advertisements/announcements". There should be a simple page called "About Us" for example, with just plain text. Now im getting to the point where it's hard to explain without going too much into depth, but basicly theres a page wich we need, wich is basicly a structure we have in mind, with videos involved and stuff like that.

So basicly, you need to be able to do effects, and some flash is a very good advantage, you need to be able to do a design that would stand out, be original, eye catching and pure awesome. You need to be able to program, and code the website.

Now here is the tricky part, you need to be able to do scripts.

Basicly the script we need on the website is as follows:

When a "teacher" from the clan logs in to the website, he would have a "Statistics" page, where a script should be able to tell how active this person is in certain matches in this game.

Now for the payment.

We have a budget that says around 500$ wich should be good.

If you are a very creative and innovative person with alot of skills in designing and programming websites, then please contact me on my skype: zahlen8

Or on my email: [email protected]

I appriciate it.

Peace out

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
There's a saying in any IT project: "Good, Fast, Cheap: pick two" (although cynics say "Pick one".)
You already picked cheap :)

Usually, a design alone costs more than what you got in mind. Let alone custom development.
I'm not trying to bring you down here, but I think you should know $500,- doesn't buy you much nowadays.

Lyzet

Reaction score
There's a saying in any IT project: "Good, Fast, Cheap: pick two" (although cynics say "Pick one".)
You already picked cheap :)

Usually, a design alone costs more than what you got in mind. Let alone custom development.
I'm not trying to bring you down here, but I think you should know $500,- doesn't buy you much nowadays.

I've been researching for months now, and it seems to me, that Yes companies who offer web solutions costs more than 1000$, but i've seen freelancers do projects to far less than what i offer.

Since the money has to come out of MY own wallet, as we have no sponsorships, (even though we tried without luck at steelseries, etc.) and donations aint gonna cut it, and my personal budget can reach any further than around the 500.

If you have any good suggestions or ideas how to get our website to this price, OR how to get a bigger budget for our community, then i would appriciate it.

Otherwise, i can only cross my fingers that someone would take the money, and the challenge to recieve experience.

Magentix

Reaction score
For your custom needs, try looking into extensions/modules first.
If you can find a free open source extension that suits your needs (almost) completely, that's development costs saved.

Think Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress type of extensibility when looking for a forum software that suits your needs.

All that remains then is a design. Two tips:
- dump the flash idea, flash for the sake of flash is bad m'kay?
- dump the splash screen idea, it's so nineties. Only some cases justify such an intro screen.

Dumping the two above will not only increase your website's value, it will also decrease the design costs.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Yeah, the design is going to be more expensive.

> Only some cases justify such an intro screen.

There are no cases when an intro / flash intro are justified. It's just more page bloat.

Magentix

Reaction score
There are no cases when an intro / flash intro are justified. It's just more page bloat.

Major Belgian companies show a splash screen for language selection. Why?
Because no-one wants to risk showing a Flemish person a French site and vice versa, given the current political crisis.

That's just one of the many cases where a splash screen could be justified..

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
That isn't a splash screen / intro screen. That is a language selection screen. There is a small difference between the two.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you find a good freelancer tell them to PM me I might have some work for them too. If I had someone who could do web pages I get web pages for them to do.

Lyzet

Reaction score
NP, what is your msn name? I did not get a request yet.

My email is [email protected]

And my name would be Christian

@TheHelper I have alot of freelancers on my contact list, lots of them being IRL friends aswell, the reason why I haven't been able to use them is simply because they either lacked one of the skills my website required, or because for them it would take more time than i have.

Allthough none of them are here on TH, so they can't really PM you :) But if you send me a PM with what kind of work you need done i can try and find the guy for the job

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.