Report Research suggests being lazy is a sign of high intelligence

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
New research seems to prove the theory that brainy people spend more time lazing around than their active counterparts.

Findings from a US-based study seem to support the idea that people with a high IQ get bored less easily, leading them to spend more time engaged in thought.

And active people may be more physical as they need to stimulate their minds with external activities, either to escape their thoughts or because they get bored quickly.

Researchers from the Florida Gulf Coast University gave a classic test – dating back three decades - to a group of students.

The ‘need for cognition’ questionnaire asked participants to rate how strongly they agree with statements such as "I really enjoy a task that involves coming up with new solutions to problems", and "I only think as hard as I have to".

The researchers, led by Todd McElroy, then selected 30 ‘thinkers’ and 30 ‘non-thinkers’ from the pool of candidates.

Read more here. (Independent UK)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I disagree with the paltry sample size of 60 people I highly agree with the thesis since it is in my own best interests.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was a particular fan of the studies showing intelligent people drink and do more drugs.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Why try hard for a company.. that they doesn't give a shit about you?
Anyway. There are different types of intelligence :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.