Resignation

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
The last year and a half (if not more) here at The Helper has been enjoyable. I was welcomed with a lot of warmth from the community, I was able to share my knowledge with other members, and why not, learn new things myself, by reading through the amazing tutorial database. However, my life has changed since then, and I think it would be the best decision to resign. It doesn't mean that I may not enter on the site from time to time. I may do it from time to time.

This means that I am afraid I have to say that I quit any status I may have had here (in the tutorials or contests section). If there is something I can do in the next two weeks, please let me know, as it would be unfair of me to leave just like that! I will probably also stop submitting any tutorials around here, or supporting those already existant. I therefore ask the current moderators to take this if willing, updating the information or fixing errors as they see fit.

The community has been wonderful, I have no reasons to complain about it, and it is not the reason for my leaving. It's just that I realize that I have other problems in my life, and my mind is simply no longer focused on Warcraft Modding because of them. My skills would not longer be used at their full capacity in these circumstances. I hope to see the community growing even more, and see more talented users posting awesome tutorials to teach others their own secrets.

I will always be very grateful for the valuable experiences I have gained here. Thanks to the mods for their time. Thanks to all the people who had the energy and interest to read my tutorials (and to those who will do so in the future!). And last but not least, thanks to The Helper for making such a great community, hosting my project, and belieiving in me when even I didn't. Thank you Thehelper.net!

Your's eternal,
Daelin Silverwing

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Your leaving?
:(

But you were so good at everything...but I do agree life is a harsh and confusing thing to deal with...warcraft is not all that important I prefer you go away and deal with your problems then hurt yourself by keeping them hidden and still modding warcraft...If you do get to answer...what is going to happen to your projects? your work?

I do not like to see a fellow neighbor leave a message saying something lie this :(

But it seems there is no choice...

You will be a major lose for our community...I hope everything goes well

Best of Luck,
-Hero12341234

U

Ur-Quan

One of greatest Warcraft modders leaving!?! :( :eek:
Warcraft is dying as it seems.:(
But life is more important than our belowed virtual world.
I just hope that you enyoj your life and visit us from time to time.
Good Luck.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your contributions Daelin. Sorry to see you go. If you are into it, we will probably be here for Starcraft 2, Warcraft 4 or any other Blizzard game so if you get interested in another one be sure to look us up. Peace.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Will miss you, I hope one day you will come back and be our mod again :(

<3 Will Miss you
-Mizuio-Ken​

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
:( ...

it was actually a convo between Daelin and Vex about him starting with JASS, that eventually led me down the path to learn JASS

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Aww, well see ya around some day. You definitely have a talent for coding :)

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I haven't been here long so I don't know you very well. But I do know that from what many people say that you are a great person. So I wish you well on whatever life's problem you are going through and will face.

Behind you %100,
Akatsuki

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the nice feedback comments.

Ur-Quan: Warcraft is not dieing. Whether I would've modded Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Dune, you name it! It wouldn't have mattered... I would have probably left anyway. So no, it's not really the reason that I got "bored".

TheHelper... thank you! I may check the community for a while, and I'll still be online on yahoo messenger, so we'll keep in touch. :)

em... looking back, it was very foolish. I refused to learn JASS, as I couldn't see its advantages. Only after a good friend convinced me to do so, and started coding for a few months, did I realize what benefits it had!

Rinpun... it's called practice and dedication!

Hero... Well, you can say that I am resigning, leaving, it's quite the same. :) I am aware that I am good at quite some areas (modelling, coding, even a bit of iconing). The main problem is not what I am capable of, it's my life, and what Warcraft can offer me at this point. Atfirst, I took things really seriously. I wanted to mod in Warcraft since I was 12 years old, I planned a lot of stuff, I started learning, it was wonderful. And what was best, I saw things as a serious job! I really dedicated myself about 80% to it! Then clouds started to appear on the horizon... my life changed dramatically... but I kept modding, because it no longer made me focus on my problems. You can say that I was evading them... hehe, that's how I am. I can't deal with everything 100%, and trying to do so would drive me nuts. Two weeks ago I realized that my life had no purpose anymore. All I did was mod in warcraft, I no longer had a lot of things in common with my friends... I practically became absorbed by it. And this is not good! I want to change something in my life.

As for my project... I know I may disappoint everyone who believed in RotHE. I was indeed dedicated to the project too, and they may think that I abandoned them. I am sorry about that, I will post on the offical forum, I'll give the whole project if someone wants to take it and continue it from where I left it. If not... oh well, it's been a hell of experience. My work remains open to the public... everyone can take my resources, use them as they see fit. They'll remain available as the administrators of the respective communities see fit!

I will still be around Hive Workshop (my main base) for a little while, as I promised Ralle (the admin there) to support him, but that's about it. I'm telling you this in case you still see me around there. :)

-Mihai

H

Hossomi

Daelin :~
I learned JASS with your Tutorial ad wc3sear :~
And I'm still reading your Advanced JASS Tutorial :~

In Brazil, really lots of people call me the best JASSer, and some calls me the only JASSer in my country...

That's because of you =D

(the tutorial I translated to Portuguese did not make much success because Brazilians are happy with little =/ )

I'm 14 right now... Be sure I'll try my hardest to take your place, or at least get near it!

Even if you don't, I shall remember you =D
Thanks a lot!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Honestly, Dae and I didn't talk much and when we did, I don't think we always saw eye to eye. However, you can't deny that he's amazingly smart and a very good person overall, kind and seemingly unable to stop himself from helping people.

And with this, I end it not with good-bye, good luck or any other kind words. I say only this:

You'll be back ;)

I

IKilledKEnny

Daelin, you were always such a helpful member in the World Editor forums, so sorry to see you go, and even sorrier to hear you have problems in your life. You tutorials always taught me so much, and any friend that want to learn JASS I first tell him "Look at Daelin's tutorial first, it's the best one!!".

I hope you could solve all the difficulties,

All the luck to you, hope to see you here again.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Gah, I know I never actually spoke to you, but your tutorials were amazing, and your spells were inspiring, you're a great asset to this community, it's upsetting to see you go, but yeah, you've been around a while, we can't hang around here for life.

See ya around, I guess :(.

T

TSA

Al'diel shala, shanar' alah anar' alah belore sin'dorei.
Translation: Farewell, and may you have safe travels by the light of the sun my brethren.

Good bye, and may you never lose grasp of those that you love. My hat is off to you.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I think he would have known what you wrote there even without the translation ;).

Anyway, sorry to see you leaving Daelin, but, in a bad thing, there's always a good part. Now, the good part is all the resources you gave to the mapping community, which will help the mappers as long as the community survives. You've been a big wave in the sea of mappers and I remember that one of your tutorials had a great influence over me as a mapper, so I thank you. But I also thank you for being my friend and helping me to learn Jass (and later C++).

Farewell!

Reaction score
Everything was probably said.

Althrough I haven't talked to you personally, from what I've seen, you must be intelligent and friendly person.

I sure do hope everything will work out for you in real life.

Good luck, and come back some time.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Ah, the whole community will miss you. I wish you best of luck with whatever it is you want to do with your life, and I hope to still see you around every now and then. :p

Again, best of luck! :D

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump - I remember this guy. He helped a bunch for that year and a half he was here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.