Resource Drop-off Placement Restriction Area

Zackreaver

Reaction score
Hey I just finished the campaign on the highest difficulty so I finally feel like putting together the map idea's I have planned, and though figuring out the editor's Data Editor is still a horribly painful ordeal, I can't for the life of me figure this out.

I'm not sure it's possible, but you know the area that you are not aloud to place drop-off structures near resources? (like you can't build a nexus too close to minerals or gas) I'm trying to find out if there is a field that can let me change that area, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

I haven't been able to test it yet, but I think the only value that even controls this is the checkmarks for Resource - Drop Off for each resource, and those only seem to act like booleans that state whether or not the structure can or can't drop off the resources.

So does anyone know if it's possible to modify the placement requirements for placing these structures near resources or is it even possible?

I know I could make my own custom work-around with triggers and such but I want to try and avoid anything I can take care of outside of the editor first, one of the things I learned with the world editor is the less trigger's and custom code the map had to use the easier it was to manage and balance. (My WC3 map was a coding mess)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.