Responsive theme

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I suggest you guys to start using a responsive theme. I agree that it's a forum and its content would not really be intended for a handheld device, but a tablet or a small netbook should not suffer because of its small screen - there is plenty of space for a forum text. However, a handheld device layout could be achieved, if some relatively unnecessary elements are removed. There's no need for a full experience, the mobile user would most probably want to just browse some threads they follow.

My problem arises that I currently browse TH with a 1024px wide netbook, as I'm not at home and away from my dual full HD setup :D.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my current view. You can see the alerts are cut off, as well as information in the right-hand of the screen (and most buttons are put in that area, as well - new post / new thread).

Besides, responsiveness is already a must-have for modern websites, and I find it odd that TH (being the modern tech help forum it is), is not mobile-friendly :D.

As I've been told in the other thread, I know that TH is just starting with Xenforo, so this is a reminder as well :).

Attachments

• Screenshot - 21.09.2013 - 19:51:30.png
    Screenshot - 21.09.2013 - 19:51:30.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 368

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I'm actually not against the site being more mobile friendly. I've used the site on my iPhone 4<whatever version here> before and it's pretty annoying.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to have problems with my old 1024x768 screen too. Its really annoying if you have to scroll horizontally.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
There is supposed to be a Responsive Style Add On for version 1.2 of the forums that we will definitely be upgrading to sometime soon in the future.

Cat

Reaction score
Whenever I lurk, the forums become distorted because of my resolution.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever I lurk, the forums become distorted because of my resolution.

We still have not updated yet and I currently have no timetable . My Admin is out of town and busy right now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.