Restrict the Usage of Host-Bots on battle.net

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
So long as DotA exists, host bots shall remain legion.

mf-shroom

Reaction score
Im sorry if I have worded my outrage incorrectly, but my main focus is to ban bots from where they dont really belong - Warcraft III reign of chaos. Also, my aim is to stop Bot abuse such as this.

RoCbotsneedtobebanned.jpg

That image depicts about 10 bot hosted games, all unjoinable. This has been going on for days now, these bots constantly re-host and thusly prevent user hosted games from showing up. Atrocities such as this must be put to an end, take a stand and stop bot abuse.

(Suggestions for petition rewording/additions are welcome)

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
I sure hope bots go away - all they do is make it harder for people to have their games joined. Which is bad - consider their bad sides:

- Bots don't grow on trees, so their owners use them to host the most popular maps
- Bots prevent normally hosted games from being displayed due to their superior automated refreshment system
----------------------------------
- The more popular maps become disproportionately popular, while the peculiar and original maps that get less attention now get nothing

Which is bad for Bnet variety. Not to mention that some people refuse to join just because the game isn't hosted by a bot. Regardless of what the map is.

mf-shroom

Reaction score
Restrict the Usage of HostBots on Battle.net

I must say that some bots are necessary, especially on TFT, but on RoC I see no reason to spam bot hosted games that no one will ever join. I miss the days where you can just go on b.net and see your favorite games hosted by well known players. I miss the days where you just could just lol at brazilians for their 200 ms hosting. I miss the days where RoC was bot-free. On frozen throne, the bots are a necessary evil, they are required to host the ever popular DotA and etc. But now, I am sad to say that RoC has Metamorphosed into what TFT has been but without the playerbase. This creates a massive spam of empty bot games that stay empty for hours on end. Please, I only want to "restrict" the usage of host bots, not ban them outright, sign the petition for a better warcraft III today.

wc3RoC2-1.jpg

Many of these games shown in this image are empty and will remain empty for hours on end, spamming the game room to oblivion and putting off many long standing RoC players.

Attachments

• wc3RoC2-1.jpg
    wc3RoC2-1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 448

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I'd sign if the petition was extended to TFT. But it's not.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
I don't see how it is 'required' to host DotA. It's not even fun.

BTW, TFT is far worse than that. If you actually join the bot games it ALWAYS waits until all spots are filled. Which on average takes at least 15 minutes.

>_>

mf-shroom

Reaction score
I am sorry if what I have posted may have led you to believe that this is focused on RoC, but the petition is not aimed specifically at RoC or TFT, it is aimed at stopping the Blatant ABUSE of Host-Bots on Battle.net and to stop their Spamming the game room with games that no one join, or even spamming the game room with unjoinable games and advertisements.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.