[Results Posted] The Tower Contest - 4 Times the Fun

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Tower Contest - 4 Times the Fun

TowerContestPicture-1.jpg

Welcome back! Over a year ago we last saw one of these beloved contests. And it's back for some more fun and games! So let's get to it!

1. The Theme
    The theme, as it has always been, is fairly open. Arrow Towers have long since been banned from any threads to do with the Tower Contest. That's pretty much it. Make it creative, and eye candy is good to have.​
  2. The Rules
    There will be some rules here, so listen up!
    1. Your tower must be unique to the contest. In other words, it must have been created specifically for this contest.
    2. Imported icons, models, and whatever are fine for use.
    3. Code may be done either in GUI or JASS. Systems such as a Casting System and vJASS are fine to use.
    4. Please include importation instructions with your tower.
    5. I will create a testing map that will be posted in this post. Please use this map when submitting.
    6. Your tower may upgrade. However, having tons of tiers will not get you any more favor. So don't be silly about it.
    7. You may have more than one tower if both towers must work together to produce the effect. I would rather not see a second tower that simply increases the damage of the other or something like that.
      Download here.
  3. The Rewards
    Ah, yes. The rewards. We certainly want to make sure that those who come out on top get a judicious amount of rep, don't we?

Here's the breakdown:

1st Place - 20 rep
    2nd Place - 15 rep
    3rd Place - 10 rep

And anyone else who wants to give rep will certainly be welcome to do so. :D

4. Anything Else

The due date of the contest is below.
    The judging will be done solely by me, Ghan_04. I will award points based on several categories where may earn points. These categories are as follows:

Tower Art

How nice does your tower look? Does it have anything attached to the model that applies? Is it the right size? Would it fit in with other towers nicely?

Points Possible: 10

Special Effects

What do the projectiles look like? If it doesn't use projectiles, what kinds of eye candy does it have? What do its abilities look like when used? Is it noticeable?

Adhereance to Theme

Does your tower fit the contest? Would it be applicable in a Tower Defense map? Is it innovative? Does it incorporate new ideas that have never been seen before?

Points Possible: 20

Coding Efficiency

Do your tower's trigger-enhanced abilities work as intended? Are all the leaks eliminated? Is it done in the best way possible? Are there any errors?

Points Possible: 40

Balance

Does your tower have the right amount of power? Is it not just an "ownage device"? Is it actually viable in a TD map?

Implementation

Is it easy to incorporate your tower into a map? Could the common sea slug follow your instructions?

Total Points Possible: 100

This Contest Will End On

August 24

That is to say, it will end about three weeks from now. Plenty of time to join!

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
looks cool, ive never seen a tower contest before though ive read about them.
im not exactly sure what your supposed to do, make a good looking tower with cool effects and abilities that are balanced and such?
i might join

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Pretty cool, I already have an idea for this.

Edit: Will we need to detect when a unit is sold like regular td's to 'clean' things up?

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I guess a code that leak, gives you automaticly a bad note.

Maybe the code is judged on What it do/How it's done and not on Bigcode.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Now this is new to me... But I like the idea. I have an idea already and I think I'm going to join.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Does it have to have code?

No. However, I would think that would somewhat limit your options as far as being unique and interesting....

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have an idea for mine :)

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Do we create our tower from scratch or edit the gaurd tower

Gtam

Reaction score
Yes it would actualy thats why i asked

Gtam

Reaction score
Maby the tower plays a part in the game and the i could get disqulified for editing it and maby it was created to edit it and i go and create my own and get DQ

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Maby the tower plays a part in the game and the i could get disqulified for editing it and maby it was created to edit it and i go and create my own and get DQ
What are you, an idiot? Why would you get disqualified for creating a tower in a contest where you are supposed to create a tower?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Do we create our tower from scratch or edit the gaurd tower

It doesn't matter.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Nice timing regarding this contest. I'll be looking to see if anything worth incorporating comes up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.