Arena Return of the Legends

SwedishChef

Reaction score
loadscreentq.jpg

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.03 HERE

How to play:
I got this idea when I was thinking on how I could remake my current map (found Here) while I thought about Orc Gladiators. So this map contains elements and ideas from both of them. The current idea go as following:

1) There will be 2 teams and 1 arena. The teams will have a base on each side of the arena and there will be a barrier in the middle of the arena so the teams will be divided. This will be a custom hero map so it starts off with the players choosing their hero and his skills (3 normal + 1 ulti). When they all have choosen heroes they will get teleported to their base.

2) The game will be based on rounds. For 3 rounds you will face creeps (like in orc gladiators). If you kill all creeps you have finished that round. However if you all get killed and creeps survive you will loose lifes equal to the amount of creeps alive. Each team starts with 30 lifes.

3) After the creep rounds the barrier is broken and the two teams can fight each other. The fight will go on for 3 minutes (so players can respawn and come back to the fight etc.). If you are really successful in the fight you can fight your way into the enemy base and start attacking their main building. They loose and you gain 1 life for evey 100 hp lost of the main building.

4)
The team looses if they reach 0 lifes or if their main building gets destroyed.

Creeps
Human
There will spawn 2 of the main creep on every interval and 1 bonus creep (the one after the "+") if there is one.

1) Peasant
2) Militia + Footman
3) Mortar Team

5) Swordsman + Priest
6) Gryphon Rider
7) Rifleman + Knight

Orc
9) Peon
10) Grunt + Troll Headhunter
11) Spirit Wyvern

13) Tauren + Troll Witch Doctor
14) Spirit Walker
15) Fel Orc Rider + Shaman

Night Elf
17) Wisp
18) Assasin
19) Huntress + Druid of the Talon

21) Hippogryph Rider + Dryad
22) Warden
23) Sentry + Avatar of Vengeance

Look under screenshots for picture of all creeps

Screenshots:
Loadscreen
loadscreen.jpg

First day:
previewzv.jpg

Where you choose hero and abilities:
choosem.jpg

The Team 1 base:
basez.jpg

Picture of all creeps:
creepsf.jpg

Day Three:
preview2hf.jpg

Some Areas Zoomed:
preview3s.jpg

Sketch of the map:

sketchx.jpg

Voted "File of the Week" on Warcraft3 Filefront

Visit us at our home site here!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds interesting and a little different to others, though its not the most unique idea i have ever heard of. main problems for you would be having good spells, synergy (cause players can select them manually) and good balancing.

what you should think of are variations to the normal "kill many many creeps" concept, like for example in the first round you have to protect some unit in the arena, in the second round you have to kill a boss (with adds) in the 3rd round you have to ...... and so on and so on.
i just want to say it might get a little bit boring if players have to stay 3 rounds killing creeps, its everytime the same.

what you should think of as well is some kind to develope an own hero, like selecting attributes when leveling up and such, this would give the game a little more tactical depth.

finally i take the right to say the terraining as shown right now is not really good, not to say rather bad. you should really improve on that or get some team member to do so.

good luck.
Accname.

P.S.: Nice structured thread, i would say thats how a good project presentation should look like.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
This sounds like an awesome map. Its like a Hero Survival and a TD with the lives.

If the heroes and their abilities are also thought out well it could turn out to be a good map. The terrain could use some improvements(the blocky walls).

I think he meant like by

Selecting Attributes

Is when you level up you get lets say 5 points which you can put into any for you 3 attributes.

The two teams a seperated by a wall, maybe on some rounds make it team 1 vs team 2.
Just to keep it intresting, surviving team gets some bonus gold or less spawns in the next round.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! I will use your suggestion on the bonus things like protecting a unit. I don't fully understand the "selecting attribute". If you mean an ability which is called "Attribute Bonues" then yes the map will have that.

To some extra depth to the game I though that from all spawn point there spawn 3 units from each every second or 1,5 second. 2 normal units and 1 unit with a special ability. Another idea which I had was that players to some degree can build buildings.

And yes the terrain...What you see there is something that I just got together very fast to save my ideas. Ofc it will be improved :). I will upload more pictures when I get more done with it. I will do my best. Something special that bothers you two?

SwedishChef

Reaction score
I think he meant like by

Selecting Attributes

Is when you level up you get lets say 5 points which you can put into any for you 3 attributes.

The two teams a seperated by a wall, maybe on some rounds make it team 1 vs team 2.
Just to keep it intresting, surviving team gets some bonus gold or less spawns in the next round.

The teams will fight against each other. Like I said 3 rounds creeps, then the barrier breaks and there will be a team fight. Think it is #4. :)

E: #3 sorry and I still don't fully understand the stats. So you gain 5 points to use on either strength, intelligence or agility? Sounds interesting.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
look, what i meant was something like this (plainly):
each time you level up you can decide to either increase your strength, your agility or your intelligence. if all 3 attributes are equally useful this will make up more possibilities to play the game.
you might have players who go for mass int to spam skills, or somebodys who go for mass str to tank, whatever.

and for your rounds, maybe have the players fight against each other more often, how about this:
you play 3 rounds, each round consists of 3 phases:
  • Phase 1). fight creeps. (creeps will spawn at your area and you have to kill them as fast as possible)
  • Phase 2). some special event (A boss, some special task like protecting a unit from another creep wave, or maybe a race, minigame, whatever.)
  • Phase 3). PvP (the players fight each other for some time or until a specific amount of kills has been made.)

then the next round starts.

and maybe you can add some more gameplay if you link the "creep fights" to some PvP action like:
Each time a team kills a creep spawn a creep (with less hp) for the opposite team.
or:
The less creeps live on your side, compared to the opposite teams site, the more exp / gold will your teams heroes get

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Ah understand it now. That would be great since I have abilities which depend on your stats. Thanks!

E: Updated with two new pictures of the map. Very simple done and will get updated with more eye candy.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Small bump with some info. I think that the first beta will get ready for testing tomorrow. It will have all the creep levels mentioned in main post and everything should work. Now I look for people who can beta test it for me. I will upload map here so feel free to download, test and comments on it.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Bump! You can now play the map. Note that you must at least be 1 player in each team. Feel free to give feedback.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.