Return to Form?

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wow, if this doesn't bring back memories haha. It's been a long time, I see I still have the highest Warcraft 3 related post with almost 700k views haha. Those were the days.

Haven't played much of Warcraft anymore, but I would definitely contribute with some newer interests.
The site looks great, glad to see it revitalized.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Got confused by the email I received - thought it was for TheHive. TheHelper! Way better.

I got a lot of help on this site for WC3. I am an active League of Legends player - but have not touched WC3 in many years. I never got tired of actual WC3 gameplay, or the World Editor, but, I do not consider WC3 to be... particularly, playable, anymore.

Main reasons:
1. Players, rather than Battle.net/Blizzard, hosting Custom Games.
2. Inability to re-connect after DCing.
3. Halting the gaming experience (for everyone) while someone is lagging.

^ These just aren't acceptable in 2017. They weren't even acceptable in 2011, the last time I played. Very dated concepts.

Add in:
1. The countdown timer doesn't stop when someone quits during countdown. (Really? Come on Blizzard!?)
2. Excessive hacking (in Melee/Ladder, or Custom).
3. No audience. No one was playing in 2011. I imagine it is even worse, now.

If Bliz changed any of this, that might make the game relevant. Not sure if it's in their interested to do that. To me, it's crazy there is no WC4 (complete with an epic World Editor), yet. I would be all in.

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Whoa.....I had an account here? What did I post on here?! I can't remember......my ymail box has no reference to this site at all except that recent email you sent about revitalizing the forums......I guess I must have deleted them all or this forum used to be called something different back then....as I now organize and keep my emails from in their respective folders according to whoever they're from, so for example, for emails from GoG, I have a folder that's named "GoG emails".

Had to reset password because I forgot my password to my account....

Wait you guys keep a history of what we post on/create right? I can go and check my profile to see what I did here........because I don't remember jack! hahahaha:p

EDIT: - I called the folder "Helper Forums" and not "The Helper Forums" as this is what this forum is called....I shall rename it accordingly so I don't get confused. :p:oops: No wonder I couldn't find any references to this site, until I did a search using the search function and found out that there DOES exist emails from here......

Wizard

:)
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa.....I had an account here? What did I post on here?! I can't remember......my ymail box has no reference to this site at all except that recent email you sent about revitalizing the forums......I guess I must have deleted them all or this forum used to be called something different back then....as I now organize and keep my emails from in their respective folders according to whoever they're from, so for example, for emails from GoG, I have a folder that's named "GoG emails".

Had to reset password because I forgot my password to my account....

Wait you guys keep a history of what we post on/create right? I can go and check my profile to see what I did here........because I don't remember jack! hahahaha:p

EDIT: - I called the folder "Helper Forums" and not "The Helper Forums" as this is what this forum is called....I shall rename it accordingly so I don't get confused. :p:oops: No wonder I couldn't find any references to this site, until I did a search using the search function and found out that there DOES exist emails from here......

Top right under your username go to "Your Content"

firefox_2017-05-02_05-42-45.png

One of the many ways to see your own content :)!

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Top right under your username go to "Your Content"

firefox_2017-05-02_05-42-45.png

One of the many ways to see your own content :)!
Oh, cool thanks!

Ahhh, so my last post on here was on this thread which dates back to 11th of August 2012....whoa.....I was wondering where I asked this because I'm now writing up another story and remembered asking a question like that but couldn't remember where I asked it.....now I know where I asked it......I left them hanging without saying a thankyou.... shame on me! Actually, I might just go back and say that now, better late than never right?! :p:D

And my first post seems to be about this thread.....ahhh, yes now I remember, was trying to make my own warcraft 3 map................................ 12th of Jan 2010....looks like I still never got a reply and I must have given up on it and moved on..... :(

EDIT: I actually got reply, forgot there was another page after that....I must have either not seen it or or seen it but still wouldn't work after that fix and just moved on or just forgot about it...

EDIT2: Ok, just read all the threads I've been in and holy crap do I sound like an annoying child! I guess my name checks out, but damn - how did you guys endure the pain?! hahahaha :eek::p

Last edited:

minikrampan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Loved this site back in the days. I'm neither playing or creating stuff with the editor anymore like most of the people here. But I'm confused no one has mentioned Dota2, They have an advanced editor that you can make custom maps with. I haven't played Dota2 in 1 years now, but i guess there's a lot of custom maps now.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Woah uhh thanks for the Super Lurker trophy, now I can really live up to my name!

Man I forgot this forum even existed... I've been signed up for almost 10 years. I was 15 when I joined :eek: am now 24.

This place was amazing back when I was making WC3 maps, always great advice given within a small time frame. Even later on, I would come here for odd general tech support and I'd usually be sorted out. It was always a thrill to answer someone's question effectively, and be thanked with that sweet, sweet +rep.

Honestly I wouldn't know how to get this site going and get popular again, but I've always valued it as a place to get friendly, quality support for map-making and gaming questions without any of the drama from more popular forums. Although I'm not really a part of it, the community is great here; perhaps this could become a community hub for certain games, offering technical and gameplay-related support and strategy, and maybe even hosting it's own game events, like WC3 custom game events (given the website's history!), although I think discord has taken over that market.

Also, whatever happened to AceHart? That guy was my hero back in the day.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Loved this site back in the days. I'm neither playing or creating stuff with the editor anymore like most of the people here. But I'm confused no one has mentioned Dota2, They have an advanced editor that you can make custom maps with. I haven't played Dota2 in 1 years now, but i guess there's a lot of custom maps now.

It is in a similar place as sc2 where modding never quite caught on. I think part of it is that a lot of the people who would get into modding can now just make original games. That said I love dota 2, and would enjoy seeing anything with it on the site.

MusicDemon

Cool Member
Reaction score
Damn, created my account back in 2010... Old avatar, old posts, old everything! - Nice to read a lot of old people are actually replying to the mail :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Old faces indeed.

So many people here who joined in like 2005, or 2006! Brings back so many memories of y'all, I remember reading your tutorials back then :)

@1)ark_Knight I remember your Hell vs Heaven Guide. Unfortunately the links don't work anymore, but I used to know those recipes by heart! What an epic map. Terribly unbalanced, but just so much fun

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Reactions: Sim

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I wondered why, all of a sudden, people suddenly swarmed back? I feel like something has reminded a lot of you to this forums...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Which went to my "Spam" folder - not quite sure why.

Check your email's spam filter rules. Just make sure you actually tone down the amount of emails you're receiving from TH, so it doesn't get automatically flagged.

sergykid

Cool Member
Reaction score
there's a guy on youtube making wc3 videos: funny moments, plays, tricks, etc.

His name is FunnyWarcraft3, maybe we can get in touch with him, he has thousands of views on his videos.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
there's a guy on youtube making wc3 videos: funny moments, plays, tricks, etc. His name is FunnyWarcraft3, maybe we can get in touch with him, he has thousands of views on his videos.
Why don't you ask him? Perhaps, you can post the Items yourself!?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.