AoS Revenge of the Sheep (WIP)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Revenge of the Sheep

Introduction
This is a map i started to make about two years ago when I started with mapmaking. I've been working on it now and then, and it's going towards completion, so I figured i should write about it here. This is pretty much an AoS with 2 player teams. Now i said PLAYER teams. Why? Since it's the 2 player teams versus one computer team. The story? ''For hundreds of years humans have stolen our wool and killed our children. Now it's payback time!''. Now of course, there's a twist on all of it, but I'll keep that as a secret for you to discover. :p

The map
The map features three teams, Northern/Souther Alliance, both with 5 players and one computer in them, and The humans, only one computer. The goal of the map is to destroy the Human Tower. Seems simple enough? Maybe it's too simple...

Heroes
There's 6 different heroes to choose from, or rather, 6 sheeps to choose from. Every sheep is based on an element, and the elements used are Light, Dark, Air, Fire, Earth and Water. Every sheep got 6 abilites: 4 normal abilites with 4 levels that can be learned at 1-4-7-10, 1 semi-ulti with 2 levels that can be learned at 8-14, and an ulti learned at level 20, which is the maximum level as for now. Here's all the heroes a little more detailed:
Light Sheep
Light is focused on healing spells, but also got some good offensive spells. Great support hero.

Healing Ray - AoE healing spell
Energy Burst - AoE buff, increasing damage, armor and health regen.
Holy Bolt - Single target nuke. Heals friendly units upon impact.
Mend - Passive healing spell that trigger on attack.
Holy Nova - Semi-ulti - AoE damaging spell that heals all friendly units on the map.
Heavens Door - Ultimate - AoE spell that heals friends and damages enemies over time.

Dark Sheep
Dark is focused on the usage of souls and is great for killing creeps.

Quench Life - AoE damaging spell.
Soul Drain - Passive soul collection upon kill.
Soul Burst - Enchances attacks by using souls.
Soul Eater - Heals self by using souls.
Demonic Form - Semi-ulti - Morphing spell. Units killed in this form gives 2 souls.
Black Hole - Ultimate - AoE spell that deals periodic damage and sucks enemies in.

Air Sheep
Air is very evasive and good at confusing enemies.

Shockwave - Deals damage in a cone
Mirage - Creates illusions of yourself dealing minor damage.
Sky Walk - Windwalk, also affects mirages.
Tornado - Summons a tornado that shoots gusts of wind dealing damage in a line.
Lighning Spiral - Semi-ulti - AoE spell that deals damage in a spiral.
Vacuum Shockwave - Ultimate - AoE spell that deals damage and knockback to enemies.

Fire Sheep
Fire is very offensive, and got many AoE spells.

Flame Strike - Deals damage and stuns in an AoE
Ignite - Suicide attack that deals damage/second to close enemies and yourself and damage in and damage in an AoE upon death.
Mana Burn - Self healing spell
Searing Attacks - Passive bouncing attack
Napalm - Semi-ulti - Deals damage over time at the targeted area
Armageddon - Ultimate - Deals intial damage, then damage over time at area and units hit by intial damage.

Water Sheep
Water can freeze enemies, effectively stunning them, making it a great addition to any team.

Geyser - Deals damage in AoE
Summon Elemental - Summons an elemental with various abilities.
Shatter - Shatters frozen units. Deals damage to enemies and unfreezes allies and enemies.
Frozen Attacks - Passive chance to freeze enemies on attack.
Frozen Nova - Semi-ulti - Freezes enemies around your hero.
Glacier - Ultimate - Freezes enemy units in an AoE. The glacier can be shattered to deal damage to all enemies in range.

Earth Sheep
Earth is a hero that may feel slow. Got no instant damage spells, but can root enemies to make them unable to run away from you.

Natures wrath - AoE spell with delay. Deals damage three seconds after cast.
Entangling Roots - AoE Immobilizing spell.
Stone Shield - Protective spell, good if you feel you're in danger.
Poison - Passive damage/second on attack.
Meteor Shower - Semi-ulti - Deals damage and stuns at random points around your hero.
Eruption - Ultimate - Creates series of explosions, then a big explosion that stuns.

Terrain
The terrain is pretty simple. There's a fort in the center of the map, and then one sheep camp in the north, one sheep camp in the south.
Picture of the terrain:

Items
When it comes to items, there's not so many of them. Well, technically, there's 144, but only 36 can be bought. These can be divided into three classes: Permanent items, Consumable items, and Gemstones. Each category got 12 items. Now, where's the rest of the 108 items? Answer: Got from enchanting the permanent ones. This map features and enchantment system that lets you pick an item, add an enchancement gemstone, and enchant it. Now, this isn't a cakewalk, since enchanting items is NOT risk free. If you succesfully enchant your item, then no problem... but if you don't, it might downgrade or even break totally, making you lose all money put into said item. I have however added special optional gemstones that makes it impossible to break a weapon etc, but those are not cheap. When upgrading an +8 item to the best level, +9, with the best possible stones used, which comes to a total cost of 1100, the rate of success is a mere 60%. If you do manage to get a +9 item, it's possible to use it to gain a 10 second buff increasing your stat even more. Anyway, here's an example, the Axe of Strenght:

Level-Str bonus
+0-5
+1-6
+2-7
+3-8
+4-11
+5-14
+6-17
+7-26
+8-35
+9-44 + Ability to gain another 50 str for 10 seconds.

As you can see, reaching higher levels means you get a much better item than before. It's up to you if you want to make 6 +3 items or 1 +9.

Download
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/118132/

Please leave feedback and report any bugs in this thread! Thanks!

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
When I first saw this, I thought 'You've got to be joking'. But, I look at every project just in case. What I thought was some random, crappy RPG turned out to be a great sounding AoS. I hope you finish it. I is going to be a very, very dark sheepy....

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Omg, I actually read your post instead at just looking terrain. You just ruined my map :(, I was planning on adding "sockets" to my items to that you can attach gemstones.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Haha, no worries, you can use your socket system anyway. My enchant system works like this:

There's 12 stones, Opal [1-3], [4-6], [7-9], Blessed Amethyst [1-3], [4-6], [7-9], Lucky Emerald [1-3], [4-6], [7-9], then there's Enchanced Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz. For enchanting you need one enchant-stone (Opal, Amethyst, Emerald) of the correct level, and optionally one to threee of the enchanced stones. Opal is normal stone, Blessed Amethyst adds 15% success rate and Lucky Emerald adds a 50% chance to upgrade your weapon by 2 levels instead of one. Emeralds and Amethysts costs 50% more than Opals. The enchanced stones costs 250 each, and they give these effects: Ruby - 0% break rate, Sapphire - 0% downgrade rate, and Topaz - +15% success rate. Now, the normal success rate is [90-(10xLevel of Item)], downgrade rate is [10xLevel of Item] and break rate is [5xLevel of Item], which makes it really hard to reach level 7-9 without additional gems.
Now, when you enchant, you just put everything you need into your Circle of Power and press enchant, your gems dissapear, and with some luck you get a higher level item. :thup:

Thus, this isn't a socket system, but rather a power up system.

Galdiuz

Reaction score
I've just updated the main post with more information about the heroes. Note that it's not final, and spells may change. Please leave feedback about them. :thup:

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I haven't fully read everything but, the Mana burn spell sounds like it should be an offensive spell, not self heal, but its up to you.

This has confirmed one thing as well: When this comes out, I'm being a dark, dark sheepy...

Galdiuz

Reaction score
I'll release a beta version soon, I just have to fix tooltips and some other minor stuff, so you can expect beta to be released this or next week. Probably.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
This looks interesting. I like games with Critters as the main heroes and stuff. Good luck! I can't wait to try this!

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Due to me having alot of homework right now the public beta will be delayed, but I'll get one out as soon as I can.

Happy

Reaction score
i just wanted to ask when the first open beta will be released?? because it some days ago you said that it will be released ^^

Galdiuz

Reaction score
Well, I've been kinda lazy and never done the finishing thouch on it. But I'll get it done and release one soon. Hopefully. <.<

EDIT: Ok, I finally took some hours and made an open beta. Download it here:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/118132/
I'll also put the link in the main post.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Cool map. I think I'm going to try it soon :p

Off Topic: Wow, the enhancement system sounds like it's from Fiesta (Blessed, Lucky, etc).

Happy

Reaction score
hey gladiuz ive got a problem with your map... =(( i tried to host it but it wasnt shown in the folder where the map should be...i downloaded it several times and tried putting it in different folders....i made a new folder etc but i couldnt find it anywhere...wheres the problem??

Galdiuz

Reaction score
I've had that problem too with some maps, but most of the time I solved it by putting the map in the Scenario folder. If that doesn't work, there's nothing I can do to help you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.