* Revenge of the Skeletons *

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"Note to self:
When under attack from all sides, go "yeah, all on <name>". That actually works!"

Kekeke, I was also surprised that it worked. Don't forget the =( smiley.

>"I'm pretty sure the version I played was the most recent one."

My replay is around a month old, so it could be from an older version. No idea if the map got updated in the meantime without a changelog...

It's been a while since I played the map. What bothered me was the slow mana regeneration rate of the mages as far as I can remember.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet gob, Ace but I have a coupple of sugjestions for your map:
Spell book for the Mage containing these spells-Summon Sceleton Warrior,Summon Sceleton Archer,Sceleton Dice

The first 2 spells are obvious and the third one is a luck gig- you summon one sceleton with random dmg type, random armor, random atack speed, and one random passive

Also Add Sceleton King to the selable units.Make 2-3 upgrades fopr the mages.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Got a few things to say...
First, about the thread
Very descriptive
You're not really a people person, are you? *Cower in fear*...(was a joke btw):)
About the map
Really fun to play
Awsomely done

5/5
10/10
+rep

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
JASS:

function Trig_Mages_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
    local integer c = GetUnitUserData(u) + 1
    call DoMystery(GetOwningPlayer(u))
    call SetUnitUserData(u, c)
    if GetUnitUserData(u) &gt;= GetRandomInt(42, 50) and GetUnitTypeId(u) == Unit_Mage3() then
        call Trig_Mages_Effect(u)
        call UnitAddAbility(u, Ability_ChaosMage4())
        if GetPlayerTechCount(GetOwningPlayer(u), &#039;Rusl&#039;, true) == 0 then
            call SetPlayerTechResearched(GetOwningPlayer(u), &#039;Rusl&#039;, 1)
            call QuestMessageBJ( udg_PlayerGroup[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(u))], bj_QUESTMESSAGE_UNITACQUIRED, &quot;|cff00ccffSkeletal Mastery|r
Your mastery of the Dark Arts has permanently added an extra 10% to the duration of your summoned Skeletons.&quot;)
        endif
    endif
    if GetUnitUserData(u) &gt;= GetRandomInt(22, 26) and GetUnitTypeId(u) == Unit_Mage2() then
        call UnitAddAbility(u, Ability_ChaosMage3())
    endif
    if GetUnitUserData(u) &gt;= GetRandomInt(7, 10) and GetUnitTypeId(u) == Unit_Mage1() then
        call UnitAddAbility(u, Ability_ChaosMage2())
    endif
    set u = null
endfunction

May I suggest improving this by calculating how much mana was used in casting.
It would be more fair since spells differ very much in mana requirement.

Essence of blight - 4
Raise Dead - 42
Bloodlust - 40

So basically once you get to level 3 you simply have to switch to essence or you will never level up.
I am sure it is "amusing" to find that out in game, but it is not really something that gives strategic depth to game.

Hardcoding mana values won't be a problem since you have only 3 spells on mages...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Essence uses an unspecified amount as it depends on the number of units healed.
Actually, it's so overused that most to all players simply "forget" that they can also summon new skeletons.
If you have a problem with that, I'd suggest to have a look at "DoMystery" and weep :p

Either way though, Mastery of the Dark Arts (or an extra level) is not supposed to happen after precisely 317 mana or 42 summoned units or anything other of perfect precision.
It just happens.
Sooner or later.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Essence uses an unspecified amount as it depends on the number of units healed.
Data - Maximum units charget to caster - 5
Therefore it takes max 20 mana which is half manacost of other spells.

>> "DoMystery"
I LoL-ed

Either way though, Mastery of the Dark Arts (or an extra level) is not supposed to happen after precisely 317 mana or 42 summoned units or anything other of perfect precision.
It just happens.
Sooner or later.
It is way sooner with essence.
You can make it require random amount of mana you know...

WarToast

Reaction score
I have a problem when hosting this map. (using WC3TFT version 1.23 - newest as of may 22nd)

Whenever people join, they get kicked the moment they enter. I can't even join it from my other computer, LAN nor Bnet.

What's wrong ;_;

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Ace I really wanted to try this map so I downloaded it and placed it in WCIII maps folder in downloads and well, WCIII wont recognize or find the map so I can play it. Any ideas?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Ace I really wanted to try this map so I downloaded it and placed it in WCIII maps folder in downloads and well, WCIII wont recognize or find the map so I can play it. Any ideas?

Sadly Ace no longer check these parts on the internet.
Probably the new patch is the trouble-maker, nothing to be done really.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this is one of Aceharts last maps on this forum. Hall of Fame!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.