Reward for map exploring

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
Hi Everbody!

Recently I came across the good old warcraft editor and I decided to continue the work on an older project.
Anyway, my question is:

In this game, I want the players to get rewarded if they act like their roles should act. So if a warrior fights his enemies in meelee combat, the character should get extra experience and the player more score points.
Whenever a ranger runs around exploring the world it should go the same way.
Has anyone an idea how to realize the second idea with the reward for exploring the map, a solution without using JASS would be welcome ;)

Thank you,
IK

merlinds

Reaction score
mmm, i have an idea.
You culd make regions in some points of the map. So when a unit enters the region, if no unit has entered there before, and if the entering unit is a ranger it gets some exp.

Bigheaded

Reaction score
make an item only a ranger can pick up, dump them all over the map, when the item is picked up remove it from inventory and award exp.

Shouldn't be too hard to trigger, can even make it so that you dont even need to pick them up, when you get in range of these items, they destroy themselves. Make the items invisible and there you go, when you explore an area with that item, ranger will get exp. Can also be made that if another unit enters the area (say a warrior) the item will still destroy itself.

If you have problems doing it with items, just use units, they can be made invisible even more easily.

if you need a hand with the triggering just ask, either me or one of the other people here can probably tell you how to get it to work.
no time atm or i'd post some code ^^

i think a simple item you can pick up may be best, as imagine you have a noob with the ranger, at least then his allies can tell him to collect the exp so he doesnt get miles behind.
that's another way of doing it anyway. regions is probably easier to think of how to do it though. items may actually be easier to code though.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
And going down the item road adds more fun uncovering the map. The items don't need to be just experience. You can all sorts of different power ups in these locations. I like the idea and am nicking it myself. :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i have an idea but it could be glitchy and exploitable, but you could check if the units moving and if it is check nearby points just out of range and if they are undiscovered add some exp, the problem is that you would have to add a lot of checks to make sure the unit isnt patrolling along a path with undiscovered area near it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.