Special Member
Reaction score
All spells are MUI and made in JASS.

Ring of Fire

Import Difficulty: Low

Units Affected: Enemy, ground

Target Type: None

Spell Info:

Creates a burning ring of fire around the caster that causes initial damage, then damage over time to enemies. Destroys trees.

Level 1 - Flame strikes deal low damage.
Level 2 - Flame strikes deal average damage.
Level 3 - Flame strikes deal high damage.
Level 4 - Flame strikes deal very high damage.

ringoffirecz0.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Timed Bomb

Import Difficulty: Medium

Units Affected: Enemy

Target Type: Any Unit Target

Spell Info:

Plants a bomb on a target enemy unit, that takes time to explode. After the time has elapsed, the bomb releases its energy by exploding, causing a powerfull explosion, that deals damage to nearby enemies. If the target dies before the bomb has finished ticking, it will not explode. Destroys trees.

Level 1 - Takes 10 seconds to explode, dealing 125 damage.
Level 2 - Takes 8 seconds to explode, dealing 175 damage.
Level 3 - Takes 6 seconds to explode, dealing 225 damage.
Level 4 - Takes 4 seconds to explode, dealing 275 damage.

50384141jo2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Barrage

Import Difficulty: Low

Units Affected: Enemy, ground

Target Type: None

Spell Info:

Creates many waves of shards of arcing ice around the caster that deal damage, and freeze enemy ground units for a duration. Frozen units cannot move, attack, or cast spells.

Level 1 - Ice shard waves deal low damage, and freeze for 1.5 seconds.
Level 2 - Ice shard waves deal average damage, and freeze for 2 seconds.
Level 3 - Ice shard waves deal above average damage, and freeze for 2.5 seconds.
Level 4 - Ice shard waves deal high damage, and freeze for 3 seconds.

icebarragela7.jpg

Please notify me of any bugs.

Have fun using the spells!

DL the updated map (29 July 2007):

Attachments

• Dreadlord Spellpack.w3x
    64.2 KB · Views: 811

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
ok so.....

ive no idea what is wrong when i try to load this, but the whoel screen is white......

anyhow, i will comment on your code

ring of fire - no need for the else, you got nothing in there anyway, bjs, but im sure u knew that, guess u just converted to make it MUI

timed bomb - (neat concept) u can use
set x = createtexttag....
you never destroy it, dont know if u need to
all your dummy units are created at locations that leak

ice barrage - good

shockwave - again u can do
set l = createunit....
your boolexpr in your unit group leaks

other then the bjs, good just
also, waits are much less accurate then timers, try using timers in the future

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
ive no idea what is wrong when i try to load this, but the whoel screen is white......
Hmm. Strange. I guess we will find out if its the map, or you that's not working, when other people dl it?
ring of fire - no need for the else, you got nothing in there anyway, bjs, but im sure u knew that, guess u just converted to make it MUI
Thats right, convert for MUI. And, actually, GUI didn't work properly, even when I didn't spam :rolleyes:
timed bomb - (neat concept)
Thx :)
set x = createtexttag....
you never destroy it, dont know if u need to
AceHart told me that it destroys, and cleans up/removes itself with the line call SetTextTagLifespanBJ( GetLastCreatedTextTag(), # ). It says so in the WE too:
"This sets the age at which floating text is removed and cleaned up", so I don't think you have to destroy it with another line?
all your dummy units are created at locations that leak
Ouch. Are they? How would you suggest I fix them?
ice barrage - good
:D, a cluster rockets trick :cool:
shockwave - again u can do
set l = createunit....
:eek:
your boolexpr in your unit group leaks
Again, a suggested fix?
other then the bjs, good just
also, waits are much less accurate then timers, try using timers in the future
Timers always give me errors, I can't use them properly, and I can't find KaTTana's handle variables anywhere..

Other than all that, thx for the overview :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
One word for you. JassCraft.

Use JassCraft to find out the native functions and use them instead. You have alot of bj functions, which came from the GUI-->JASS conversion.

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=80105

The spells, except 'Timed Bomb', were nothing special. Now, if you just could fix the 'Timed Bomb' to actually DO damage and kill trees...Because after a few casts, it bugged out.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, about 2-3 casts. Then I restarted the map and everything worked fine again.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i liked the 1st and 2nd the 3rd doesn't seem like something special and the 4th is nice basically i liked ur spells good job (+Rep :p)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ouch. Are they? How would you suggest I fix them?

Yes. Use coordinates or, instead of directly giving the location inside the arguments of the functions, first create a location variable, assign what yuo want to that, in the function that creates the unit use the variable, then destroy it (I haven't looked at your code, I am assuming that you gave the location directly in the arguments). Either way, coordinates are easier to use IMO and you don't have to clean them, as they are reals.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
I fixed the timed bomb not doing damage issue; it was a "targets allowed" problem in the object editor :eek:.

The killing of trees with that spell worked after I fixed the damage issue as well.

Yes. Use coordinates or, instead of directly giving the location inside the arguments of the functions, first create a location variable, assign what yuo want to that, in the function that creates the unit use the variable, then destroy it (I haven't looked at your code, I am assuming that you gave the location directly in the arguments). Either way, coordinates are easier to use IMO and you don't have to clean them, as they are reals.
Oh, ok. Thx =). I will fix the leaks when I have the time.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Apart from the already stated things you should fix and update in the map...
Set LB_Point[2] = ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 350.00 towards ((360.00 / 8.00) x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
This is a leak, use another variable to first store the position of last created unti and then use polar offset on that variable...remove both afterwards.

As for the boolexpr...
set z = GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(275.00, l_loc, Condition(function Dark_Shockwave_Group_Conditions))
This is the part that leaks. To fix it
Code:
function Dark_Shockwave_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local boolexpr cond = Condition(function Dark_Shockwave_Group_Conditions)
      set z = GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(275.00, l_loc, cond)
// after the location remove functions
    call DestroyBoolExpr(cond)
endfunction

Fix these issues and reupload the map.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Is there a proper explanation to why i get a white screen after i load the map?
I mean all i see is white, but i can still see the GUI..

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i had he same problem, and still do, no idea why..never happened to me before on any other map

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Is there a proper explanation to why i get a white screen after i load the map?
I mean all i see is white, but i can still see the GUI..

In World Editor or in game ? Try running Blizzard help tool what should render you footman if it works look what it tells. Try updateing graphics card drivers (Don' t forget to make backups, etc.) ?

substance

Reaction score
Yeh I got the white screen too, I changed my display settings and restarted and it worked.

I like the ice spell alot and the timed bomb spell is great too, actually I JUST made a spell that does basically the same thing, only using a timer instead.

PHP:
Kami On
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Timed Kamikaze 
    Actions
        Floating Text - Destroy TimeFloatString
        Countdown Timer - Pause KamiTimer
        Countdown Timer - Start KamiTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
        Set Cyborg = No unit
        Set Cyborg = (Casting unit)
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Remaining time for KamiTimer))) above Cyborg with Z offset 200.00, using font size 12.00, color (50.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%), and 100.00% transparency
        Set TimeFloatString = (Last created floating text)
        Trigger - Turn on Kami Show Time <gen>

PHP:
Kami Show Time
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Floating Text - Change the position of TimeFloatString to (Position of Cyborg) with Z offset 200.00
        Floating Text - Change text of TimeFloatString to (String((Remaining time for KamiTimer))) using font size 12.00

PHP:
Kami Off
    Events
        Time - KamiTimer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Kill Cyborg
        Floating Text - Destroy TimeFloatString
        Unit - Cause Cyborg to damage circular area after 0.80 seconds of radius 600.00 at (Position of Cyborg), dealing 1000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Set Cyborg = No unit

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Apart from the already stated things you should fix and update in the map...
Set LB_Point[2] = ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 350.00 towards ((360.00 / 8.00) x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
This is a leak, use another variable to first store the position of last created unti and then use polar offset on that variable...remove both afterwards.

As for the boolexpr...
set z = GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(275.00, l_loc, Condition(function Dark_Shockwave_Group_Conditions))
This is the part that leaks. To fix it
Code:
function Dark_Shockwave_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local boolexpr cond = Condition(function Dark_Shockwave_Group_Conditions)
      set z = GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching(275.00, l_loc, cond)
// after the location remove functions
    call DestroyBoolExpr(cond)
endfunction

Fix these issues and reupload the map.

Thx alot for notifying me of those leaks; I didn't notice one of them..

Will fix the map asaihtt (as soon as I have the time)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
In World Editor or in game ? Try running Blizzard help tool what should render you footman if it works look what it tells. Try updateing graphics card drivers (Don' t forget to make backups, etc.) ?

That was in game...
Restarting the computer and WE didnt help..

Z

Zhygot

i have this problem when i import the ability time bomb and when i save it says "expected a name" =

"call PlaySoundBJ(gg_snd_BattleNetTick)"

help anyone? thanks.. Tinki3's been away i think..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.