Spell Rise of the Ents

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
nice spell, but the nicest among the screenies is the grass, how did u do that?

maybe shrubs that has larger scaling....+rep if i can?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
Rise of Ents
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Hero = (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Level of Rise of Ents  for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0) and ((Number of living Treant units owned by (Owner of (Matching unit))) Less than or equal to 6)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Hero and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Int = (Level of Rise of Ents  for (Picked unit))
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
                Unit - Create Int Treant for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Hero)

There are 3 point leaks in this trigger. Fix that.

Also, you should mention in the spell that the maximum number of treants one can have is 6. I almost thought it was a bug. ;)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't worry, as long as they're in the Spells awaiting approval thread you don't need to bump the spells ;)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
For this spell to reach the stage of approval, it will need to change from being a leaky trigger as such:
Code:
Rise of Ents
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Hero = (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Level of Rise of Ents  for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0) and ((Number of living Treant units owned by (Owner of (Matching unit))) Less than or equal to 6)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Hero and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Int = (Level of Rise of Ents  for (Picked unit))
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
                Unit - Create Int Treant for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Hero)
To a leakless one:
Code:
Rise of Ents
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ROE_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set ROE_Group = (Units within 500.00 of ROE_Point matching (((Level of Rise of Ents  for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0) and ((Number of living Treant units owned by (Owner of (Matching unit))) Less than or equal to 5)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in ROE_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set ROE_Int = (Level of Rise of Ents  for (Picked unit))
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at ROE_Point using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Unit - Create ROE_Int Treant for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at ROE_Point facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_ROE_Point)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_ROE_Group)
Also, I noticed that you wanted to limit the number of Treants allowed to be on the map at one time, to 6.
But I got 7.

Here's why:
The condition, "((Number of living Treant units owned by (Owner of (Matching unit))) Less than or equal to 6)))" works just fine,
but you were using it "wrong" in a sense.

What I'm saying, is that, when a unit dies, and the Number of living Treants owned by the hero with the ability is equal to 6, what will happen, is that, the trigger will say to itself, "yup, the number of treants owned by that player is equal to 6, so I'll create one more".

And next time a unit dies, that condition would then only really start to kick in, as the # of living Treants owned by that player is 7.
See what I mean? So if you change the 6 to a 5, you'll get what you wanted - a limitation of 6 living treants on the map, at one time.

Nice spell btw, good concept.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ah.. I havn't visited TH for so long. Well, updated on first post. Does this get.. un-graveyarded and approved?

OMG, IM BACK? I hope.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey you think it's possible if you can delete all the posts by me before this and after the first post? I am trying to take away some of the pages of this thread. Also can you change title to;

[Spell] Rise of the Ents

That would be great, thanks.

Fluffball

Reaction score
You call kill one of your treants and get 3 back :D

Nice spell, simple, but effective... nice eyecandy too, not over done.

good job

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow.. Ancient thread. :D
Post the code.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.