General Robin Williams dead at 63

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that his death was a suicide, a rep did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus, and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love. His sitcom The Crazy Ones premiered on CBS last fall, but was not picked up for a second season.

According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sad shit. One of the few actors/comedians that practically everyone enjoyed. His comedy show, "Weapons of Self Destruction," had me laughing almost non-stop through the entire show. This is some bummer news.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ah, what a sad shame indeed. Made a lot of people happy, laugh with his films.
He will be missed.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I know more about Dementia the more I think he totally did the right thing for him. If he does not want to go through that or put his family through that I think he totally did the right thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.