Rock Paper Scissors

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I wanna make this silly map of Rock Paper Scissors. Yea I know sounds really silly, however more skill for me if I can do it.

I however have no idea how to make "round start" triggers. Something with pause/unpause units, so there would be the actual rock paper scissors in same time dynamics. I'm thinking making two units, taking everything from them and just giving them three abilities that are "Rock Paper Scissors" and probably use Berserk since I might need to check buffs.

So this is how it would "resolve" around the game:

Player 1 chooses option between 1 out of 1, 2 out of 3 or 5 out of 3.

Game starts with two units facing each other with a camera lock. This is all common sense... but now round 1 starts. From here I partially know or don't know how to exactly make it.

Player 1 and 2 choose what mark to use. Until both players choose round won't start. I'm guessing boolean variable to check if player is ready.

Both players "cast" their chosen marks and compare between buffs to decide who won. A point is given to the winning player and maybe a multiboard to put what the players choose in round 1.

Now round has to restart.

The whole thing goes on depending on what option players chose until 1, 2 or 3 points are given to obtain a win.

Any ideas greatly appreciated and rewarded.

NBalfa

Reaction score
you can say that 1=rock 2=paper 3=Scissors then
each unit must have 3 abilities (based on active abilities with no targets)
then if player x chooses ability no 1 save the ability chosen in a variable (integer) and type a message player x has chosen (or sth like that) then do the same for player y and in the end do the math

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Thanks for the integer variable suggestion. Might even use it, if I don't come up with something better and easier... or just better. In anycase, good call.

If you got time, show me how would your idea work in GUI triggers. Copy-paste an example in this thread

NBalfa

Reaction score
I am sorry but I wont be able to do so for a week because I am having holidays and I am not in a pc with world editor...:eek::(

I am sorry

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Thread can wait, and World Editor isn't gonna go somewhere either.

When you are near, make them up and post. I'll keep this thread updated on my progress, so people won't post on something I might already have.

Cheers and good holidays

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
this is rather simple.

for the round start thing:

just wait the amount of time and then create the units afterwards through trigegrs, or hide them, or do some cinematic like fade in or something.

that integer method would work, i advise making it an array so that you dont have as many variables, and less confusion.

make 3 abilities with different ID's. on cast do something like:

//EVENTS:
unit begins casting an ability
//CONDITIONS:
Or - Multiple Actions
- ability type of ability being cast is (Rock)
- ability type of ability being cast is (Paper)
- ability type of ability being cast is (Sissors)
//ACTIONS:
IF/ELSE
- IF [ability type of ability being cast is (Rock)]
- THEN [Set (ur variable(Player Number of (Casting Unit))] to 1

IF/ELSE
- IF [ability type of ability being cast is (Paper)]
- THEN [Set (ur variable(Player Number of (Casting Unit))] to 2

IF/ELSE
- IF [ability type of ability being cast is (Sissors)]
- THEN [Set (ur variable(Player Number of (Casting Unit))] to 3

----

Set some sort of timer with a timer window to tell the players how much time they have left to pick.

if they have not pick give them a random one possibly.

then just compare and see which beats what. shouldnt be too hard.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I've made my map, through heavy trial-error and triggering off the roof.

Consider thread closed, thank you all that made your contributions, +rep

Also implemented AI for single play.

Will add the map to where maps go, for testing and for fun.

Cheers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.