Other Rock Paper Scissors

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Rock-Paper-Scissors

This has been a thread in the forums for almost a week, sadly not too many people had comments and suggestions (or just didn't bother) but now you can redeem your puny souls by playing the game. Testing with other players would be better hence I can even test with AI. But suggestions are always welcomed; just don't troll.

I do thank the only two who gave me the push into making it:

-Nbalfa
-NooB_GameMkR

The rest of you, feel bad!

TABLE OF CONTENTS - Now what's this about?
  • Game is played by two willing (or forced) players and is stalled for 1, 3 or 5 rounds, all by your choice. Players use one of the three marks to beat the other player's mark. As you all know, Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beats Paper and Paper beats Rock. If players have the same mark, a draw is held and round starts over.
  • Camera system is very freaky control like, so you don't wander off where you don't need to.
  • There is only one thing for now, if you play with an AI - be the Red Player. The AI isn't that smart to pick how many rounds it wants, it only knows how to kick your ass.
  • Pics or it didn't happen? I uploaded one, just ONE.
  • Thats all there is to it really, not much to do nowhere to go. You can start and end a game in less than a minute on maximum rounds.

So what ya all still doing here? Go download and try it! After a few games give me your comments.

Attachments

• Rock Paper Scissors.w3x
    561.4 KB · Views: 304
  • WC3ScrnShot_072210_144238_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072210_144238_01.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 348

Conal

Reaction score
This is the most innovative map I have ever played. I'm fairly certain this may become one of the more enduring maps of our time; all the complexities and deceit, the scandals and triumphs, all crammed into one simple entity. This piece is an inspiration to us all and should be in everybody's canon of maps.

mapguy

Reaction score
NO WAY PAPER CAN BEAT ROCK!

I'm telling you!
I agree that sissors can beat paper because they cut it.
I agre that rock beat sissors because it smashes it.
BUT THERE IS NO REASON FOR A PAPER TO BEAT A ROCK!
Is the paper supposed to magically lock the rock incapaciting it to move?
Or the paper has an ancient ninja text on it that destrois rocks on contact?
I know this is false, because papers are not magical and I've never seen an ancient ninja text, so, we agree that paper CAN'T BEAT ROCK!
Because if paper can beat the rock it can also beat the sissors, because you can magically lock the sissors inside the paper, right? WRONG!
Paper can't beat anything, paper is just weak, you don't see students hurting others with paper, but you see them with rocks and sissors! You know why? BECAUSE THE DAMN PAPER CAN'T CAUSE ANY DAMAGE!
When I play rock, paper sissor I always play with rock, then, when someone uses paper and sais that he won, I punch him on the face with my already closed fists and say:
"Sorry! I though the damn paper would protect you!"

This text is just for fun, don't take it personally.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Suggestion: instead of the rejuvenate icon for paper, use the icon for Spy. It's a map, which is made out of paper. Or you could use one of the scroll icons.

Other than that, what can I say? It's rock-paper-scissors.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Thanks both for comments.

@mapguy - you heard of papercut? this paper is magical. it makes rock cwy weewy weewy hawd! it also applies magical papercut, dealing 1 damage to everything but deals 99999% bonus damage on rocks.

@the_ideal - good notice. Will do that, when I will update the map with newer things.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ok, while I haven't played the map as of yet, I'm pretty sure you haven't done what I'm going to suggest.

Something that would make the game infinitely more fun and amusing to play (especially for time pass) would be like little easter eggs. You could have stuff like:
1) Banter between the two RPS magicians
2) Animations that play everytime you pick something (like a scissor cutting a paper). This might be hard to pull off though :p.
3) That's all I can think off for now.

----
Also, there is actually a way to make this game have a lot more complexity. Convert it to that DragonBall Z hand game (I don't know if it's being played where you are, if it isn't tell me and I'll explain what it's like).

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Ok, while I haven't played the map as of yet, I'm pretty sure you haven't done what I'm going to suggest.

Something that would make the game infinitely more fun and amusing to play (especially for time pass) would be like little easter eggs. You could have stuff like:
1) Banter between the two RPS magicians
2) Animations that play everytime you pick something (like a scissor cutting a paper). This might be hard to pull off though :p.
3) That's all I can think off for now.

----
Also, there is actually a way to make this game have a lot more complexity. Convert it to that DragonBall Z hand game (I don't know if it's being played where you are, if it isn't tell me and I'll explain what it's like).

You know, I've started a thread in which I asked if images can be displayed-removed when a trigger says - because I wanted to show small pictures (64x64 in size) infront of the player's unit when they choose a hand mark. However I didn't get the answers... maybe I got some now, need to check.

Banter between them? You mean like random pieces of cusses, taunts thrown at one another? I can understand a computer taunting a human player but just random cuss?

I've watched maybe everything there is about Dragonball... not Dragonball Z though, so what hand game?

If you have a way to make magicians ingame either:

-show images of cut off little hand marks, then remove them
-what about this banter stuff? too random for me, and unimportant. the map, i think is mega fun already. its short, fun, leakless and bugfree (i hope) and you can play 10 in a row in about 5 minutes.

Do play my map, then comment :p

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Haha I will definitely play it :p (tomorrow evening though, that's when I usually get Lanning with friends).

By banter I meant yes, general insulting of each other (loser insulting the winner kind of thing :p). It's just a load of fun if you have some kind of reaction depending on your winning and losing.

Hmm, so you have not heard of the dragonball z hand game. I will explain:

First of all, it isn't really a rock-paper-scissor game. The only similarity is that it is a short-term game played with hands. Now onto how it works. So you have 2 players, just like rock-paper-scissors. Each player has a certain number of options for his play. Instead of picking rock, paper or scissors; he can choose to charge, block, or evade (block and evade have slightly different mechanics).

Every time a person chooses to charge, he builds it up, unlocking further abilities that require more charge. You can choose whatever abilities you really need and mod the system as much as you see fit :p. Also, when you use abilities like fireball (1 charge), mind control (3 charges), they drain that number of charges, so you have to keep charging up to keep up the flow of offensive abilities.

In the classic game, evade is used to defend against most attacks, while blocking allows you to shield against mental attacks and certain weak physical attacks. You also usually have a super-ability (Kamehameha or the like) which requires a high, high amount of charge (like 5 to 8 charges usually) that can penetrate all defense and strike the person dead :p.

So yeah, you keep playing and keep trying to get past the other persons defenses. It's a lot more complex than rock-paper-scissors by itself, but the fun part is modding it to make it more and more complex and interesting and fun :D.

Play around with the idea, I actually won't mind helping you trigger it if you need it.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Haha I will definitely play it :p (tomorrow evening though, that's when I usually get Lanning with friends).

By banter I meant yes, general insulting of each other (loser insulting the winner kind of thing :p). It's just a load of fun if you have some kind of reaction depending on your winning and losing.

Hmm, so you have not heard of the dragonball z hand game. I will explain:

First of all, it isn't really a rock-paper-scissor game. The only similarity is that it is a short-term game played with hands. Now onto how it works. So you have 2 players, just like rock-paper-scissors. Each player has a certain number of options for his play. Instead of picking rock, paper or scissors; he can choose to charge, block, or evade (block and evade have slightly different mechanics).

Every time a person chooses to charge, he builds it up, unlocking further abilities that require more charge. You can choose whatever abilities you really need and mod the system as much as you see fit :p. Also, when you use abilities like fireball (1 charge), mind control (3 charges), they drain that number of charges, so you have to keep charging up to keep up the flow of offensive abilities.

In the classic game, evade is used to defend against most attacks, while blocking allows you to shield against mental attacks and certain weak physical attacks. You also usually have a super-ability (Kamehameha or the like) which requires a high, high amount of charge (like 5 to 8 charges usually) that can penetrate all defense and strike the person dead :p.

So yeah, you keep playing and keep trying to get past the other persons defenses. It's a lot more complex than rock-paper-scissors by itself, but the fun part is modding it to make it more and more complex and interesting and fun :D.

Play around with the idea, I actually won't mind helping you trigger it if you need it.

Sounds fun, and sure I'll help you or you'll help me do it. Though, I like to leave this as original as it is. You know; lot of modded version of RPS, however only original rules most.

Do give me feedback when your playing against another player; I wanna know if some serious bug slips by or something happens. I don't expect it, but can't know right now because I have nobody to test it with.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I tried out the map! and I have bad news ;p.

For some reason, player 2 is instantly disconnected at the beginning of the game.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I tried out the map! and I have bad news ;p.

For some reason, player 2 is instantly disconnected at the beginning of the game.

Thanks. Will go back and see what goes wrong where.

Btw, you sure its not the network, connection? Just making sure

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm still new at posting maps so I was unable to post the updated map in the same thread. I still don't know how. Help appreciated :p

CHANGE LOG - Version 1.1
[1]Updated camera system and sounds. Tweaked and fixed little bugs here and there.

[2]Upgraded computers to basic triggers. They are able to pick rounds now

[3]Added an observer seat. You can now watch computers duel each other, or watch your friends duel.

[4]Removed Circle of Power from being picked as a unit.

[5]Changed Paper's icon to something more suitable.

[6]Added a fail-safe system for a somewhat occurring bug that causes one player's RPS Magician to be paused forever.

[7]Tweaked around the triggers for a source of instant-disconnect because of Moridin's trial. I advanced some of the triggers, but map still needs testing.

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE UPDATED VERSION OF THE MAP AS IT IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE

View attachment Rock Paper Scissors Ver1.1.w3x

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I'm very sure of the network connection, because we played 2 Archer wars games and a bumper cars game right after that :p. We also played a Ninja VS Samurai game right before that :p...so yeah.

sentrywiz

Reaction score
I'm very sure of the network connection, because we played 2 Archer wars game and a bumper cars game right after that :p. We also played a Ninja VS Samurai game right before that :p...so yeah.

I updated the version so when you get the chance try that one out. And later on I'll test it with my little brother

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.