Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
1yjuiw.jpg

Introduction
The game is written in with triggers. You build and ride roller coasters. you can there are two games modes. Free Build and Ai Challenge. Its playable with up to 7 players at once, where you can ride each others coasters.

Versions
  • Windows 8 "Metro" Store (Awaiting Approval) , (Basically The same as XNA Windows)
  • XNA Windows (At some point will add gyroscope, and multi touch), (Will add to Intel Up App Store)
  • XNA Windows Phone 7 (Awaiting Approval)
  • Warcraft 3 Mod
Key Features
  • Building coasters, with a large amount of flex-ability yet designed to take only seconds to learn.
  • Ride coasters, from in the cart or from a third person perspective.
  • Ride each others coasters, and the ability to ride them together.
  • Two Game Modes, Free Build and Ai Challenge
Videos

Screenshots
23ixa9i_th.jpg
28t8769_th.jpg
35mpml3_th.jpg

24pi982_th.jpg
qyejih_th.jpg

What's Next?
  • Finish Mini Games in center of Map
  • Finish the 3rd additional game Modes
Known Bugs
  • Ai Challenge Mode - Currently only works single player.​
  • Free Build Mode - The Cart Stops at the start some times, this gets players stuck on a coaster.​
Built By
  • Rover2341 - Coder (Lead)
  • Fat-Bum - Icons
  • FannyShavers - Sound Effects
  • Risk_Fan2 - Physics
  • Lindenkron - Models/Skin
  • Bloody_Turds - Models
  • Mairo_64 - Models
Download

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
It was quite hard to get how it worked, but when I grasped it, it was quite fun. Things that I noticed:

• There are only the Free build mode
  • There are some tracks north of the track area
  • The carts is really buggy when testing the roller coaster
    • One cart kinda moved in a really akward way, but it moved up and down along the track
    • One cart moved up and down but not enough
    • Rest of the carts just didn't go up or down
    • All carts didn't really follow the track

But still, it was pretty good to start with.

rover2341

Reaction score
Ah, k Thats all true. This is not a version ready to be released in any form.
All I am really focusing on at the moment is the builder. Not the rider function.

In The "Want to join the project group? or help in some way?" Part of the first post, it has questions about the current things i am working on.
The Next version ill update ill put up here should have a much better rider function. but it wont be done just alot closer.

Thnx For the comments.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I tested all the things and they were quite easy. Only problem was that when you made a loop, and you wanted it to go down, you still had to press up because pressing down would make it go up. I got a replay on me doing all the things if you'd like.

rover2341

Reaction score
Cool, I under stand that part. Relay could be useful.
Thats because if you know much about, Trig (math). Sin and Cos, don't go in a loop, so i had to do tweak to make them do a loop. They normally just go up and down.

But My biggest fear, is you have to come down the same way you came up.
For example. if you use a certain angle to go 5x and then try to go down using more of a different track you will never reach the the bottom again.

If you have time do the 3 things again but type "debug" when the game starts, so i can see whats going on and if your hitting the bottom, that was the point of the test. well and if people can figure out how to make coasters with the system currently there.

If not just send me what you got, Thnx

My E-mail [email protected]

That would be useful thnx.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
This sounds so weird that I will probably try it someday. Good luck with it.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
when riding a roller coaster the camera should follow the first cart directly
the first two carts are usually the only ones that don't just stay on the ground, and carts going around loops or going up steeply look funny
and the end roller coaster should always have to connect to the beginning cause if it finishes in the air the carts will float in the air after the ride has finished.

besides from those I can't find anything that would stop this game from being one that I would play daily(if I had the time). can't wait until you finish this!

rover2341

Reaction score
Yea, i know. I haven't worked on that part much at all yet. still just working on the builder function. Ill have a update in a few days, that will have most of that fixed.

My goal at the moment is if people can figure out how to use the builder function. Once i know that part is easy enough for people i will move on and do more stuff. :)

Also i can cut the file size down alot. i was testing some stuff and has alot more models in there then currently being used.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Quite buggy atm.

Tracks can curve backwards if you raise it too high. The carts movement on the tracks = ???. Only one cart seems to move on the tracks, somewhat.

rover2341

Reaction score
Yea, they go backwards after you go up so high, its a little werid to get used to but only way i found to do it.

And your correct about most things not being very smoothed out. But i dont want to worry about the details intill i get a builder function that works the way it should, then ill worry more about fine tuning things, and making it look better ect.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
so i guess its time to test it cause no one is giving my project any feed back
pros
Track Builder works
Tracks look Kool
Cons
Carts Suck[alot]
My track was inverted multiply times and well it got buggy as shit
like i got it upside down with up and then when i did down it really went down and not up while up also goes down wtf?
Comments
The only cart that worked is cart one >,<

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
This seems cool :p. A good idea too. But since it's in early phase, I have nothing much to comment, except.... you cannot use Integer Loops to do sliding movement... O.O. This was why the movement was jerky.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.