Rotating Turrets Through Triggers

wingdnosring

Reaction score
Any way to do this? I've found this to be a problem on more than one occassion now. A good example would be the Siege Tank model (in Tank Mode). Its primary weapon turns independent of its body, but telling a trigger to make the tank's actor's 'head' or 'chest' face another actor results in absolutely nothing happening.

Is there some other way to manually move turrets through triggers? Maybe an Actor Message of some sort?

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
One way i can think of is by creating a flying dummy unit circle the tank, and making the tank look at that dummy unit.

wingdnosring

Reaction score
That's what I tried, but your only options are (Default), Chest, Head, and then a bunch of Xs and Zs. 'Turret' doesn't seem to be an option.

I can't just make the unit or entire actor face it, because I need the body to face one way, while the turret faces another.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actor - Send message "AttachSetRotation {TurretZ 0}

This will set the turret's rotation.

Unfortunately this detaches the turret from the tank body, so you'll have to update the turret's position manually.

Trigger:
  • Actor - Send message "AttachSetPosition {TurretZ 0}

This will set the turret's position.

To be able to send an actor message using variables you'll need to put together a string and convert it to an actor message before sending it to the unit.

Updating the position of the turret like this looks really bad though since it won't blend like you can when moving whole units. I've uploaded a map so you can judge for yourself.

Attachments

• RotateTurret.rar
    63.3 KB · Views: 229
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.