System RPG Framework

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
You reuploaded v.04 instead of .05 . Even though it says v.05 when you click it you get the download for v.04 . You should really consider splitting up that huge documentation into posts somewhere else or into an attached text document cause thats probably what lead you to that error. Editing huge posts is annoying.

Yea I edit the whole thing in Notepad++ then post it all here. It should be fixed now though, sorry about that screw up.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Edit: In version .05 it doesn't seem the "Totals:" values for the item bonuses are showing up?

Fixed.

Working on a regeneration system. The ItemSystem will be modified to accommodate, allowing items to yield regeneration. This will also be useful for someone who wants a rapid regeneration spell, or a slow heal over time, or even a damage over time.

With that, another feature about this regeneration system is that if you have a Heal over Time (HoT) on you and a Damage over Time (DoT) why should the damage over time spell hit every second and the heal over time spell hit every second? Shouldn't there be a middle ground where they could cancel each other out? Well if you have a HoT for 100/second and a DoT for 75/second, you will still heal for 25/second.

The regeneration libary will have a clearly defined API, it cannot be accessed directly from the regeneration system, it will extend the Unit Library.

Any unit is subject to this system so long as they are in the Unit database.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 0.06 Released, this version includes a single system for regeneration. This version and the next one will focus on making this framework even easier to use. I have created a .j file including the APIs of these systems to use with the TESH addon. Check the original post for more details

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 0.07 released. Fixes issues with the 1.24 patch. Full changelog in the original post.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 0.08 released. Fixes a huge crash with the party system and features the new Hero Selection System. I also updated the initial post here to be more friendly and added in a few screenshots that better show off the systems.

dabum

Reaction score
How come when I equip something my hp gets reset to 650ish. I am using ver 8 and verytime you equip something new the HP gets reset, ignoring what you had before. It also ignores the stats as well, so it ends up to be like 65 Str, but 65 x 25 isnt equal to 650.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
How come when I equip something my hp gets reset to 650ish. I am using ver 8 and verytime you equip something new the HP gets reset, ignoring what you had before. It also ignores the stats as well, so it ends up to be like 65 Str, but 65 x 25 isnt equal to 650.

Thank you for reporting this bug, it is now fixed in version 0.09.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I was testing my map using your system on bnet, and it suddenly crashed aftter having error 17 2 or 3 times. Is this wc3, or something to do with your code?

Edit: your hero selection system is bugged for multiplayer, if anyone else selects a unit, it they are d/ced.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
When you say error 17, you mean error 117?

I haven't checked things out on b.net, but any more information you could provide would be useful. I'll make sure to try and fix this soon, it's probably a call on a nullified variable or something stupid.

blackkid

Reaction score
I downloaded your framework and the map but when I tryed to test in war3 TFT from NewGen WE 5d it start the war3 TFT but it remain on the menu and nothing hapend ( I use 1.23 and 1,24 pach but nothing) can u tell me what I'm done wrong coze I work on a RPG project and I realy want to try to use your framework?

With regards.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I downloaded your framework and the map but when I tryed to test in war3 TFT from NewGen WE 5d it start the war3 TFT but it remain on the menu and nothing hapend ( I use 1.23 and 1,24 pach but nothing) can u tell me what I'm done wrong coze I work on a RPG project and I realy want to try to use your framework?

With regards.

did you install the .j file?
did you save first?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I was testing my map using your system on bnet, and it suddenly crashed aftter having error 17 2 or 3 times. Is this wc3, or something to do with your code?

Edit: your hero selection system is bugged for multiplayer, if anyone else selects a unit, it they are d/ced.

I had a feeling this could happen with the bit of code I put in. I'm 99.9% sure this is the problem.

//Pan Camera to hero selection area. THIS MIGHT Desync PEOPLE
set i = 0
loop
exitwhen i > 12
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(i) then
call PanCameraTo(xselect,yselect)
endif
set i = i + 1

endloop

I'll comment it out and try another method of camera panning.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
If it's something to do with the NewGen WE, I'm not sure I can fix the problem. The map works with 1.24

when I tryed to test in war3 TFT from NewGen WE 5d it start the war3 TFT but it remain on the menu and nothing hapend

You can't just open the map and run it. You have to open it, save it, then run the test.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Been working on fixing a few bugs here and there. I'm also creating a better test map to really showcase what this can do.

Someone asked me why I use public functions instead of building methods off my structs for the user. Well, I wanted to answer this. Not everyone is familiar with the .create() or .destroy() or .enableSystem() methods that one can create. As I do think having something like Unit.create(...) / Unit.move(...) is nice, clean and quick, it isn't something everyone can grasp right away.

The .j file I provide allows you to see the functions I have written for usage with TESH. So you can start typing Difficulty and it will show you the functions of that system, more importantly, you can see the parameters as well.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yup. For those who remember I had an RPG called Sagas. I wanted to expand the demo map but didn't want to start from scratch. I stripped out everything in Sagas and I've been working on pushing things through here.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 1.00 released. There are a bunch of things changed here. I've changed the way to add item into the ItemSystem. You can still use the old style if you already use it.

cJASS is now a requirement.

New ItemSystem creation
The idea behind this change is so you don't have to fill out a single function call and get lost at what you're doing. Example...Was I just setting the level requirement or the strength requirement? I can't remember! FFFFFFFF. This counters the problem. You set what you need. Also, I fixed a problem with figuring out what slot you're trying to add the item to. It takes in a string now and the system will figure out how to do the rest. Previously you would need to figure out the number yourself. Permissions will follow this method in the next version.

JASS:
//ItemStruct methods.
            method setID takes integer id returns nothing
                set .item_id = id
            endmethod                
            method setName takes string str returns nothing
                set .item_name = str
            endmethod
            method setType takes string str returns nothing
                set .item_type = str
            endmethod
            method setSlot takes integer slot returns nothing
                set .slot = slot
            endmethod
            method setSlotByName takes string str returns nothing
                local integer i = FindSlotSpecial(str)
                if (i==-1)
                    call BJDebugMsg("Error: Method on ItemStruct - setSlotByName")
                    set .slot = -1
                else
                    set .slot = i
                endif
            endmethod
            method setPermissions takes integer who returns nothing
                set .who = who
            endmethod
            method setLvlReq takes integer i returns nothing
                set .level = i
            endmethod
            method setStrReq takes integer req returns nothing
                set .str_r = req
            endmethod
            method setAgiReq takes integer req returns nothing
                set .agi_r = req
            endmethod
            method setIntReq takes integer req returns nothing
                set .int_r = req
            endmethod
            method setBonusStr takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.str = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusAgi takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.agi = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusInt takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.int = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusDmg takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.dmg = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusArmor takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.armor = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusHP takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.hp = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusHPR takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.hpr = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusMP takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.mp = val
            endmethod
            method setBonusMPR takes integer val returns nothing
                set .bonus.mpr = val
            endmethod
            method setAbilityID takes integer id returns nothing
                set .ability_id = id
            endmethod
            method setMovespeed takes integer val returns nothing
                set .movespeed = val
            endmethod
            method setModel takes string str returns nothing
                set .model = str
            endmethod

JASS:
    //Demonstration
    call ItemSystem_CreateItemStruct()
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setID('H000')
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setName("Cloth Hood")
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setSlotByName("Helm")
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setPermissions(16383)
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setLvlReq(1)
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setIntReq(18)
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setBonusInt(5)
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setBonusArmor(2)
    call GetLastCreatedItemStruct().setModel("ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNCloak.blp")

Changes to this version:
• Added Dependencies Key Timers 2 and GTrigger By Jesus4Lyf. I'll be adding in spells showing people how to use his system in future relases. (All good maps should use Key Timers)
• Overhauled the actual map to give a better demonstration.
• UnitType is not broken up into it's own library. This was causing some confusion between the Unit library and I felt they should be split up.
• Added ability to repick a hero.
• Floating Bars properly remove on first unit passed into the system. Indexation error.
• Changed Hero Selection's radius spawn value from 250 to 350.
• Fixed an error in Hero Selection creating unit at inaccurate spawn point.
• Fixed an operation limit error in Hero Selection.
• Camera pans to selection area on map startup.
• Camera locks onto selection area until a unit is selected.
• Camera pans to spawn area of hero after selection.
• Unit Struct now tracks if the unit has moved from it's original position.
• Unit Struct now has methods to addBar and removeBar. These tie into the FloatingBars library
• Unit System will now automatically index units that a not yet indexed.
• UnitStruct Library added. This library houses the Unit struct and special functions to handle unit death. This change was needed due to circular dependencies due to a new FloatingBars feature.
• FloatingBars will now automatically add a bar to an enemy unit that you select and those units that attack you. This feature can be disabled through a boolean in the setup function.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.