System RPG Framework

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Can you upload those maps to fastshare or ultraupload? (Don't know If I am allowed to use original names, rapid + mega)

Because the site where the downloads are located has a trojan.

Dropbox is not a site that contains trojans. The link is to my personal Public sharing folder. I use dropbox to sync all of my data, much like subversion.

I personally hate fastshare and ultraupload and all those other shitty websites because you usually have to go through 3 Pop-up Ads, 9 different screens and a line to download the file.

For more information about it go check it out at getdropbox.com

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Is there going to be a way to merge to versions together? Say I download 0.02 and start making an rpg with it. Then you make a new version and I want its new features, how would I implement them.

Also wraithseeker, it's not your job to tell what a post needs to get approved. There are, as always, special cases, just like english.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Is there going to be a way to merge to versions together? Say I download 0.02 and start making an rpg with it. Then you make a new version and I want its new features, how would I implement them.

Also wraithseeker, it's not your job to tell what a post needs to get approved. There are, as always, special cases, just like english.

After I release version 1.0 I will maintain all of the function names and have compatibility functions for new features. Think of the things I am releasing as a beta right now, I am changing function names a lot and creating new ones and changing the coding of existing functions, so when the full version rolls out you will be good to go.

When the majority of the systems are setup there will be a single trigger category that will house each setup trigger for the various systems. There will be one other category with all of the systems in them. So to update from an older version to a newer version you will simply copy the category with all of the system triggers.

P.S. The next map version may take another couple of days, busy with RL things and I'm making a damage detection system from scratch. It has to be from scratch because it will have to blend and work with some other systems that I'll be putting in the map.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because the site where the downloads are located has a trojan.

No it doesn't. SiteAdvisor gives it a green light and the site even has an SSL certifcate.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Just go for hotlinkfiles.com or mediafire.com they're good at this. By the way, is there any way I could put the bars (Bar System) below the unit and not on top of it? I would like it better below the unit though :D And is there any way to actually erase the whole lifebar of your unit, setting the selection scale to 0 would make the life bars buggy.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 0.03 will require a hotfix for the New Gen World Editor, specifically the Grim Extension Pack portion. You can get it from my DropBox or from Wc3c.net

Version 0.03 Released.

Please see the original post for more information about this release.

I'm going to have to figure out a way to make the original post most organized, its getting insanely lengthy.

Switch33

Reaction score
Hmm, i think you should add saving stats or something cause it's acting strange. I save'd with archmage after getting some str tomes to wear an helm n whatnot. I load the items but the bonuses don't apply since the stats are different so the item technically doesn't register. Then i unequip the forced equip loaded items and then even if you have the required stats it still shouts out error 100 when trying to re-equip them meaning that it can't read the saved item id even though it's in your inventory? What's that about? Maybe this is mostly because i didn't save and then load in a seperate new game? Only way to get real accurate raw stats would be to give green bonus stats from items equip'd instead.

As for the multiboards, it's nice, but once you switch to the life/mana/exp board you can't ever go back to the inventory board. You should make that skill just switch whatever current board you have to the other.

The rest looks pretty complete already. Pretty good for only version .03 . Anyways i don't really think it needs a damage detection system. Dusk's is fine and if not then ppl can use another one. It seems like a whole lot of work to make something that most ppl won't even probably end up using a lot. If people know how to use your rpg framework system then they already know vJASS for the most part and can choose their own damage system or code their own. Just a thought though, if your really bent on making it completely standalone then yeah it's probably a pretty good idea to code a new one anyways.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hmm, i think you should add saving stats or something cause it's acting strange. I save'd with archmage after getting some str tomes to wear an helm n whatnot. I load the items but the bonuses don't apply since the stats are different so the item technically doesn't register.

I can apply saving and loading of strength, agility and intelligence very easily. The tomes are there simply to allow you to try the item system out, they aren't meant to be permanent to your hero. So that is a non-issue.

Then i unequip the forced equip loaded items and then even if you have the required stats it still shouts out error 100 when trying to re-equip them meaning that it can't read the saved item id even though it's in your inventory? What's that about? Maybe this is mostly because i didn't save and then load in a seperate new game? Only way to get real accurate raw stats would be to give green bonus stats from items equip'd instead.
That is something I will definitely take a look at. If you could provide any more information that would be great.

As for the multiboards, it's nice, but once you switch to the life/mana/exp board you can't ever go back to the inventory board. You should make that skill just switch whatever current board you have to the other.
This was just an oversight.

The rest looks pretty complete already. Pretty good for only version .03 . Anyways i don't really think it needs a damage detection system. Dusk's is fine and if not then ppl can use another one. It seems like a whole lot of work to make something that most ppl won't even probably end up using a lot. If people know how to use your rpg framework system then they already know vJASS for the most part and can choose their own damage system or code their own. Just a thought though, if your really bent on making it completely standalone then yeah it's probably a pretty good idea to code a new one anyways.

The thing with my damage system that I will be implementing is it will interact with the experience system better as well as a spell combo system. There are a great deal of things I can do with a damage detection system, combing through Dusk's I like how his works, but it just isn't exactly what I'd want for this map.

Version 0.04 will contain the following: Text information when entering an area (easy), death handling system, difficulty settings, Steel made damage system and possibly a Complete Quest Management System (hard, time consuming)

Switch33

Reaction score
Ok, hmm maybe i missed something but i just tested unequiping an item then re-equiping that same item (probably with any item->I tried with the boots of agile and paladin simply at start of map or so.) results in an error 100.

Also i tried equiping a two one-handed weapons(2x sword of fury) left and right did that then i equiped an two-handed weapon(frostmourne) after un-equiping my left hand. It equiped the two-handed frostmourne but trashed the currently right hand equiped sword of fury completely (It didn't show up dropped or in inventory.)

So yea. . .maybe i was wrong i think problem might have been inventory system rather than the save/load for the most part. Guess you fixed the drop bug, but in doing so you somehow managed to make equip bugs.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'll get it fixed, thanks for the information.

Huge milestone completed, Quest Management System is done. Expect v0.04 within the next few days...difficulty system incoming next.

Version 0.04 released.

I've added the information for the Quest, Zoning and Difficulty systems in the original post. The API is also there.

I'm not pleased with how the quest management system functions, I'll be redoing some of the functions to have a core base quest set of data then you append the steps to that. This will make more sense after the revision.

Also, anyone have any comments, questions, concerns? I'd like to know I'm not talking to a blank crowd here.

Switch33

Reaction score
New version is good. Dunno much about the damage system can you do a comparison to other systems whats good/bad about it?:nuts: Also some documentation on some libraries functions would be nice. Most of it is self explanatory and very easy to understand but there may be people who don't know much and they might not notice something like SetUnitMovementSpeed etc being in the UnitLibrary.

Lol, strange how i'm the only one commenting. Well I guess thats probably cause i'm one of the people who actually want to use this. :D

Reflexar

Reaction score
Okay.

These are some very smooth systems

I'm interested in the item system and the save/load, which was very short even tho it saved a lot of items.

But there's something I don't get with the item system.
The equipment multiboard does not seem to work and I'd like to have it more clear with item slots.
Like when you open the equipment dialog there should be like names for the item slots and such.

EDIT: Zomfg why can you have 3 weapons?

If you work some more on this I will definetely use it in my map and credit you :D

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
New version is good. Dunno much about the damage system can you do a comparison to other systems whats good/bad about it?:nuts: Also some documentation on some libraries functions would be nice. Most of it is self explanatory and very easy to understand but there may be people who don't know much and they might not notice something like SetUnitMovementSpeed etc being in the UnitLibrary.

Lol, strange how i'm the only one commenting. Well I guess thats probably cause i'm one of the people who actually want to use this. :D

I will have a demonstration for the damage system and its uses later. At present it helps scale the damage of the Difficulty System.

Also, anything that isn't listed in the documentation is not completed or finished. I do not allow people access to the SetUnitMovementSpeed function or many other functions for that matter because it isn't a safe function to use in conjunction with the some of the map's system. If a user modifies the movement speed of a unit improperly there could result in many issues.

Example: Base movespeed of a unit is 350, item system adds 400 to that with an item. The user wants to have an ability that decreases the unit's movespeed by 50%, so now the unit is at 200. If the player takes off that item, they lose 50 movespeed and are now at 150. The ability fades and we restore the 50% movespeed loss, so take our movespeed and increase it from 150 to 300 thus restoring the 50%. The unit should now be back to it's base movespeed of 350, but as you can see it is not.

Okay.
But there's something I don't get with the item system.
The equipment multiboard does not seem to work and I'd like to have it more clear with item slots.
Like when you open the equipment dialog there should be like names for the item slots and such.
The names displayed on the item multiboard are derived from the setup of the system. If you add a slot called "Finger" it will be displayed exactly like that on the multiboard. The same effect is achieved when you bring up the dialog menu for dropping an item.

However if I'm understanding you correctly, when you equip an item it completely covers up the slot in which it has filled and you wish it to continue to display that slot name while still showing the item name?

Switch33

Reaction score
EDIT: Zomfg why can you have 3 weapons?

This is easily changeable read the first post.

Party System
I have a suggestion for the party system. If you can make the ally heroes show up on the left side of the screen with their hero icons. That would be the easiest way to target and heal them or see how much life they have. The hero command card icons of other heroes to target on the left is super helpful. I think the way to add them is you full share units with a neutral passive player or computer ally but you don't allow them to select the heroes but their hero icons still show up and can be targets of spells.

(Also i think another multiboard would be too confusing for the players anyways! :banghead:) Unless maybe you change the single hero multiboard and replace it by an party multiboard(only if they have a single hero it should be the one it is now) and have player color specific bars or something like that.(ex. Red's health bar is red. , Teal's health bar is teal. . . Something simple that people can read from.).

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
This is easily changeable read the first post.

Party System
I have a suggestion for the party system. If you can make the ally heroes show up on the left side of the screen with their hero icons. That would be the easiest way to target and heal them or see how much life they have. The hero command card icons of other heroes to target on the left is super helpful. I think the way to add them is you full share units with a neutral passive player or computer ally but you don't allow them to select the heroes but their hero icons still show up and can be targets of spells.

(Also i think another multiboard would be too confusing for the players anyways! :banghead:) Unless maybe you change the single hero multiboard and replace it by an party multiboard(only if they have a single hero it should be the one it is now) and have player color specific bars or something like that.(ex. Red's health bar is red. , Teal's health bar is teal. . . Something simple that people can read from.).

I've been tinkering around with the idea of allowing a player the ability to heal them by clicking on an icon on the left side of the screen. This is what is keeping me from releasing the next version. I am trying to get this working flawlessly, about another day and it should be ready to go.

I already have it functioning with a multiboard. I do agree having too many multiboards can be an issue, but you can always select what is displayed on your screen and what isn't. If you are going around questing or killing a harder boss then what purpose does it serve to have your equipment being shown?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Version 0.05 released.

Review the original post for details about what this contains.

Please Note: The party system is to be used while playing with other individuals. I did test this system out with Dummy player that I force created. From all of my testing, every feature works. If you have any problems with this in your map please let me know.

Also, if there is something in an existing system you don't like and would like changed or improved upon, please let me know. As always more ideas are welcome.

P.S. Isn't RPG making fun?

Switch33

Reaction score
You reuploaded v.04 instead of .05 . Even though it says v.05 when you click it you get the download for v.04 . You should really consider splitting up that huge documentation into posts somewhere else or into an attached text document cause thats probably what lead you to that error. Editing huge posts is annoying.

Edit: In version .05 it doesn't seem the "Totals:" values for the item bonuses are showing up?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.