RPG Item Ideas

131ackout

I am almost complete with my RPG (because it's a small map and I'm rushing it), and I would need 30 items ideas.

Starting Items - 1/8
Item name: Short Sword
Item Icon: A sword?
Item type: Weapon
Item based on: Claws of Attack
Item description: Give the user +3 damage
Item tooltip: All great heroes have to start somewhere.
Advanced Items - 2/8
Item name: Gem of Light
Item icon: Gem of Trueseeing
Item type: Advanced, Shop
Item based on: Some item with an active ability
Item description: This Gem has long been known as the holy gem. It was found in a forest 700 years ago, mages once had another name on it, but the name has long been lost.
Item tooltip: Increases armor by 8, HP by 1200 and allows the hero to cast Holy Light. Holy Light has 50 seconds cooldown and heals up to 700 hp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Item name: Sword of Nature
Item Icon: Nature Sword
Item type: Advanced, Special Creep (Creep = Someone or Something in description)
Item description: This Sword has only been seen a very few times in the history, it's said that the Sword was forged by the Night Elves when they first came to this world, anyway it was stolen by someone or something, and since then it hasn't been seen.
Item tooltip: Adds 34 to the hero's attack damage and 10% life steal. Also gives a 25% chance to spawn a Treant from an enemy unit when it's killed by the carrier.|nLife stealing and Treant spawning chance does not stack.
Creeps Drop Items - 2/10
Item name: Wooden Sheild
Item icon: Undead Armor Upgrade 2
Item type: Creep Drop
Item based on: Ring of Protection, Periapt of Vitality
Item description: A wooden sheild, maybe Oak?
Item tooltip: Gives +6 armor, and 75 hp
------------------------------------------
Item name: Dragon_Slayer
Item icon: Spear (if there is one)
Item type: If you have a boss make it drop from it.
Item based on: Gloves of haste
Item description: This Godly Sword was created by the dragon god himself to tame the dragons of the world. Gives 50%attack speed and a chance to strike a critical (your amount here)
Best Items in the game - 2/4
Item name: Moonstone Longbow
Item icon: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAdvancedStrengthOfTheMoon.blp
Item type: Best Item.
Item based on: Any item with an active ability.
Item description: Rumoured to have been drawn from the moon by Elune herself, this Longbow has the thousands of souls of fallen Night Elves imbedded into it's never-missing arrows.
Item tooltip: Increases attack-speed by 80%, Movespeed by 100, Damage by 150, Agility by 95, Strength by 20, HitPoints by 250, Mana points by 100 and gives an active ability that blasts an area with masses of arrows, stunning enemy units for 2.5 seconds and dealing 250 damage. Has a 45 second cooldown and costs 100 mana. (Based off Cluster Rockets)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Item name: Dragon Armor
Item icon: Emm... idk realy
Item type: Best Items
Item based on: Frostguard
Item description: Relese the power of the dragon armor.
Item tooltip: Grants +100 in damage and +50 in armor and Endurance Aura that gives 10% movement speed.

Starting items must be weaky and cost less gold. For example, a sword item, gives 6 plus damage and costs 300 gold. Advanced is for people who is level 50 or more. Creep drop items are what they drop, must be 5 stronger and 5 weak items. (for low levels and for high levels.)

Also here's a template and you can copy and paste it:

Code:
Item name: (Anything fancy.)
Item icon: (Anything better.)
Item type: (what is it? advanced? Starting? Creep drops it? Best item?)
Item based on: (must be based on something as a item.)
Item description: (the items on ground, must provide a historical description.)
Item tooltip: (While the hero is holding/carrying the item, which would it do?)

If I liked your item ideas, you will be added to the credits and a rep. :)

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Item name: true seeing sword
Item icon: a sword icon
Item type: basic creep drop
Item based on: sword with + bonus and change it to + 10 damage + 200 exra range
Item description: The sword used in battle by Rohan
Item tooltip: The sword is a basic weapon used by the hero Rohan

131ackout

Item name: true seeing sword
Item icon: a sword icon
Item type: basic creep drop
Item based on: sword with + bonus and change it to + 10 damage + 200 exra range
Item description: The sword used in battle by Rohan
Item tooltip: The sword is a basic weapon used by the hero Rohan

Thanks, but who's Rohan? lol

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
just some hero from a campaign not a imba hero so thats why its a starting creep drop

do u want me to make some more?
coz ive got the time if uwant

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So i got an idea! :p

Code:
Item name: Power Spear
Item icon: In upgrades there is an icon of a spear (sorry i dont got WE near me)
Item type: Creeps drop it, should be a little bit rare.
Item based on: Claws of attack of somekind or gloves of haste.
Item description: A greater spear, used often by Headhunters and gnolls. The spear was made in a human village, when they tried combining two spears.
Item tooltip: Increase damage by 18, attack speed by 15% and a chance to destroy an enemies armor (Orb of Corruption with a % chance and a custom buff), reducing it by 2.

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Basic version:
Item type: Basic, Shop
Item description: This Gem has long been known as the holy gem. It was found in a forest 700 years ago, mages once had another name on it, but the name has long been lost.
Item tooltip: Increases armor by 2, HP by 200 and allows the hero to cast Holy Light. Holy Light has 50 seconds cooldown and heals up to 300 hp.

Advanced version:
Item tooltip: Increases armor by 8, HP by 1200 and allows the hero to cast Holy Light. Holy Light has 50 seconds cooldown and heals up to 700 hp.

Best version:
Item type: Best, Quest
Item tooltip: Increases armor by 13, HP by 4000 and allows the hero to cast Holy Light. Holy Light has 60 seconds cooldown and heals up to 1600 hp. Also gives the hero an aura that heals nearby units for 2% of their hp / second.

( If you don't want the Holy Light to be able to hurt undead units, then base the ability on Healing Wave )

I

illidans911

Item Name:Sword of the Mage slayer
Item type:Sword, Best, Quest
Item class: Some type of mage slayer
What it does:,500dmg, complete mana drain,25% of mana drained into damage, 50 all stats, 50% speed, 50% splash

131ackout

Thanks to all for ideas!

Code:
Advanced version:

I'll take it, +rep.

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Thanks to all for ideas!

Code:
Advanced version:

I'll take it, +rep.

Nice :)

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
I'll add one that I use in my map, it has no history though... I'll just write something, if it's bad just feel free to edit it.

Advanced version:
Item type: Advanced, Special Creep (Creep = Someone or Something in description)
Item description: This Sword has only been seen a very few times in the history, it's said that the Sword was forged by the Night Elves when they first came to this world, anyway it was stolen by someone or something, and since then it hasn't been seen.
Item tooltip: Adds 34 to the hero's attack damage and 10% life steal. Also gives a 25% chance to spawn a Treant from an enemy unit when it's killed by the carrier.|nLife stealing and Treant spawning chance does not stack.

This item needs triggering, it's not very hard though, but still, ask me if you want to see my triggers.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Item description: Rumoured to have been drawn from the moon by Elune herself, this Longbow has the thousands of souls of fallen Night Elves imbedded into it's never-missing arrows.
Item tooltip: Increases attack-speed by 80%, Movespeed by 100, Damage by 150, Agility by 95, Strength by 20, HitPoints by 250, Mana points by 100 and gives an active ability that blasts an area with masses of arrows, stunning enemy units for 2.5 seconds and dealing 250 damage. Has a 45 second cooldown and costs 100 mana. (Based off Cluster Rockets)

> This item needs triggering, it's not very hard though, but still, ask me if you want to see my triggers.
No, it doesn't. You can base an ability off Orb of Lightning (New), give it a 25% chance to trigger, and replace the field where it says "purge" to Black Arrow with 0.5 duration.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score

lord dakoth

Reaction score
Item name: Thunderblade
Item icon: Mithril Forged Swords (alliance upgrade)
Item type: Advanced, but not Best
Item based on: Claws of Attack +whatever
Item description: Long ago, a mage of Lordaeron imprisoned the soul of a Lightning Revenant in a silver sword. The sword was passed on as an heirloom in the mage's family and can cast bolts of lightning to this day.
Item tooltip: It would give the holding hero the "Lightning Attack" ability (like the Thunderlizard.) Gives the hero bonus lightning damage and enables him to attack ground units from a distance.

131ackout

Carl-Fredrik said:
Advanced version:

Give your triggers. :)

T.s.e said:

Triggers, too. :)

Pineapple said:

3+ damage? lol, I'll change it to 7. :)

lord dakoth said:
Item name: Thunderblade
Item icon: Mithril Forged Swords (alliance upgrade)
Item type: Advanced, but not Best
Item based on: Claws of Attack +whatever
Item description: Long ago, a mage of Lordaeron imprisoned the soul of a Lightning Revenant in a silver sword. The sword was passed on as an heirloom in the mage's family and can cast bolts of lightning to this day.
Item tooltip: It would give the holding hero the "Lightning Attack" ability (like the Thunderlizard.) Gives the hero bonus lightning damage and enables him to attack ground units from a distance.

Eh... Why a distance? That would be difficult, even what if a melee hero is wearing it?

Everyone except for lord_dakoth get a rep... :)

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Item name: Wooden Sheild
Item icon: Undead Armor Upgrade 2
Item type: Creep Drop
Item based on: Ring of Protection, Periapt of Vitality
Item description: A wooden sheild, maybe Oak?
Item tooltip: Gives +6 armor, and 75 hp.

My wc3 name is Fire-Wolf, i play on USWest (Lordaeron)

And there is an abilty that allows you to attack at a distance, Orb of Darkness allows you to attack air units at a distance, so all you gotta do it make it attack ground at a distance and put it on the ThunderBlade

131ackout

Looks more for starting, but the creep drop'll do.

+rep :)

Any item ideas atm? XD

jnZ

I
Reaction score
Item name: Corrupted Totem of Might
Item icon: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEntrapmentWard.blp
Item type: Trinket
Item based on: Any active item
Item description: The Totem of Might once wielded by the greatest Tauren Spirit Walkers was long ago corrupted by the undead scourge but some of its effects still remain.
Item tooltip: -3 Armor to wielder, +10 intelligence to wielder, +5 strength to wielder, +3 mana/second to wielder, active-ability: Totem Slam: (based on Thunderclap) Deals 100 damage to all nearby enemies within 200 AoE and slows their movement- and attackspeed by 25%

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.