RPG (no real name yet)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
The Name is uncertain and suggestions are welcome.
Storyline: One day, from the bowels of the earth a strange evil arizes. No one knows exacly what this evil was, but it was certain that the evil was powerful. This evil one day would arize to plauge the land of the world above. 3 mighty heros were chosen to fight this evil.

Screenshots: (will be supplemented asap)
The Starting Point​
start01tj0.png

The City (name needed)​
citysl7.jpg

The Inn(name needed)​
innsu0.jpg

The Tavern(name needed)​
taverngh3.jpg

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
yeh

sure, later when i have enough time an enegry ill make a chart with the screen shots and all the info. here characters:
Dwarfen Fighter:
Human Scorceress:
Human Warrior:

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
well I could help with terraining, I may not be able to balance units or create huge-ass triggers, but I make a mean forest.

H

hey its X

only 2 players? bring it up to 8 or more, then make more heroes.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
2 player

well origonal it was 8 but i decided to make it less since i cant think of that many heros, and im basing it off an rpg, id proboly be to crowed with more than 2. As for teraining, well see, later ill post the map and screen shots as soon as i convert them to somthing else.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Updated

Check the first post, i updated, ill add the screen shots asap i have them on my comp, just need to host them.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
The town and the wooden floored house look a little empty, maybe add some more stuff?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
i will

i will but first i need to figure out how id make it so you have to pay for the room so the door opens.

S

Shinyblade

Well first, if you need some heroes, try going even more on the theme like you have, just basic usual warriors and stuff, like a ranger, rifleman, swordsman, all those things.

And for the gate, you'd basically just need a dialog, with a choice of whether to go in or not, then if they say yes, make it so that it removes ten gold and opens the gate to let them in.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I might do that, but i might want like somthing to do with an item or somthing. mabey it can be charged or somthing idk

S

Shinyblade

Most people won't like a 2 player RPG though, it would make it so more people would do private games with a friend so that they dont end up with someone who they don't like.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Shinyblade said:
Most people won't like a 2 player RPG though, it would make it so more people would do private games with a friend so that they dont end up with someone who they don't like.

Um.... how is that bad? And why would people like the fact that they end up with someone they dont like?
-------------------------------
I looks a little bit like Dark Alliance. And if it is i belive its the human ranger.
Looks cool i cant tell what those custom models are supose to be though. And the city looks horrible.

B

banzaifreak

if u want some cool tearaining tips go to the advanced terraining in the tuts! i checked out the watterfall into creek thing an WOW! thats amazing
also i says dont use up 1 lvl and down 1 lvl (dont! use raise and lower!) also for the tavern mabye add a couple of people fighting! like in map intz:

unit play unit animation:attack 1 or wat ever for 1 guy and the other guy getting hit (not sure if there is 1 i dont have the editor up) or u culd have a guy with a gun and somebody "dancing"

for the names use the name of the city or something cause in most non wc3 rpgs they use he town name.

S

Shinyblade

Pineapple said:
Um.... how is that bad? And why would people like the fact that they end up with someone they dont like?
I looks a little bit like Dark Alliance. And if it is i belive its the human ranger.
Looks cool i cant tell what those custom models are supose to be though. And the city looks horrible.

Thats bad because the map wouldn't get around to alot of people. And I said they wouldn't like it. As for the last comment in your post, try doing constructive critism, instead of complaining with no suggestions.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
its based off it

:) it looks like dark aliance because im basing it off of it :) and that 2player state ment makes no snece, why would you not take playing a game with a friend over a complete stranger you dont know ? like would you rather play a game council at your house with a friend or some one you dont know.
and to the city looks like crap: yeh i know but id like to see a city that you made :) its not easy OK.

Anything.

Reaction score
Dargoth said:
:) it looks like dark aliance because im basing it off of it :) and that 2player state ment makes no snece, why would you not take playing a game with a friend over a complete stranger you dont know ? like would you rather play a game council at your house with a friend or some one you dont know.
and to the city looks like crap: yeh i know but id like to see a city that you made :) its not easy OK.
You can see a city which I made...

You should make paths and put more buildings in it... Maybe a tree or twenty.

And for the tavern, you should just use a normal floor - no offense, but that floor makes me kinda dizzy. All you need is a Brick tile from Cityscape and some tables to make it look nice.

Work on that terrain, okay?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
tables?

add some tables? i have some all ready. and i do have a normal floor unless you meen the inn with the wooden floor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.