Rubik's Cube

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a rubiks cube, I can solve a face in about a minute or two, but that's as fast as I get (and far :p)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a rubiks cube, I can solve a face in about a minute or two, but that's as fast as I get (and far :p)

You can get one for about $10 at Walmart. (Less if you're lucky :D. More if you're unlucky...)

Well, if you read my first post, I tell you a bunch of Algorithms to use. Watch pogobat's videos if you need further help.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
If we had a Rubik's Cube competition at my school I'd still probably win. (I doubt anyone at my school can even get one layer solved correctly )
I just bought the damn thing out of curiosity around 1995 or so, I never solved until 2004 or so I just couldn't find the right way of solving it until my friend showed me how on a manual that he bought it from.

me and my friends didn't trust the manual... it was sooo complicated.
we taught it to each other personally.

You can get one for about $10 at Walmart. (Less if you're lucky . More if you're unlucky...)

$10!? that's expensive...

anyways, now i only have a really really small cube.

one square is about half a centimeter wide.

do you guys know how to solve a 2x2 cube? a 5x5 cube?
(don't say those don't exist. i personally saw them being solved.)

i only kow how to solve a 3x3...

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
A 6x6 is going to be released on 2008 and I can't wait to get one :D

13lade619

Reaction score
Take a look at Speedcubing's multimedia page.

too bad i don't understand any of the alogarithms...

i just don't get them. perhaps because my friends taught me personally and i understood how to solve it by using the patterns of movements they taught.

does these pattern names ring a bell to you?
-left cycle
-right cycle
-center cycle

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Alogarithms usually are seen as U, D, R, L, Ui, Di, Ri, Li. U means up, D means down, R means right, and L means left. So if you see just the letter then turn that face clockwise. Like if I see a U then I turn the top of the cube cloakwise. If I see a L then I mean the left side cloakwise.

But even if you know the alogarithms, you have to learn how to use them.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You got a camera, lets see some proof ;), I might upload my proof if I can find out how to make my cellphone record for more than 15 seconds. :(

I gave my rubiks cube away to someone, and I probably can't do it in under a minute anymore. It got too mainstream here, and I got tired of it.

13lade619

Reaction score
Alogarithms usually are seen as U, D, R, L, Ui, Di, Ri, Li. U means up, D means down, R means right, and L means left. So if you see just the letter then turn that face clockwise. Like if I see a U then I turn the top of the cube cloakwise. If I see a L then I mean the left side cloakwise.
you mean you don't manipulate the mid rows?

i use a cycle that i manipulate the vertical mid squares so i can prepare for the last layer.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
13lade613, Algorithms aren't that hard. It's very simple, Algorithms are a series of changes, that when repeated enough, will return to it's original state. For example: You have a plate. You flip it upside down. Now, you flip it over again. OMG It's the same as before! Well, an Algorithm for Rubik's Cubes are basically doing something, the first half of the Algorithm, then repeating it back wards. Take Ri, Di, R, D for example. Ri, or Right Inverted, then Di, or Down Inverted. Ok. Now R, or Right, then D, or Down. It's the opposite. You're doing the moves again. They're just not inverted. That algorithm changes around the 4 corner pieces of the Right face and the Down/Bottom face. For more on Rubik's Cubes's Algorithms, check out Pogobat's video tutorial on Youtube.com. I would link you to it, but I gots to go to school. Christmas break is over :(

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Kind of a werid question but my rubix's cube was kind of stiff and I didn't have the oil to lubercate the rubix's cube with, so I used Baby Oil. Will there be any bad side-effects from this?

The only side-effect it's having on me is that my hands are much softer then they used to be.

Oh, and I solved my first rubix's cube last week. And now I can do it within ten minutes. I know, it's a little slow, but like I said, my cube was a little stiff. It had to be in a perfect cube or the sides wouldn't move.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, if it's like that, then you don't have a Spring Screw set. It's just the regular inside, like mine.

Regarding the baby oil, I don't know. You could google it :/ I used an excessive amount of Silicon spray :p

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I've only solved Rubik's once as a 10 year old or so by chance but now I don't seem to manage. I always get to 1 full side and one side with 8/9 of one color but then I get stuck :(

btw, for the guys who want a new goal:

The World RUBIK Cube championship was held in Budapest on June 5, 1982. Nineteen National Champions took part. Minh Thai, the US Champion, won by solving the Cube in of 22.95 seconds. The world record, in competitive conditions, grew progressively lower and now stands at 16.5 seconds.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
My friend combined two rubik's cubes together like so (A _ means a space, or nothing, X means a color):

_ _ X X X
_ _ X X X
X X X X X
X X X _ _
X X X _ _

It was nuts lookin, I couldn't believe it.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's called a Siamese Rubix's Cube (look in Youtube)

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I have a rubics cube (somewhere) I have never solved it. Ill try your methods. Also, have you ever seen the pyramind style version?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I used to have one with 8 pieces on two of the faces, then 7 on four of the faces. So in total it had 17 pieces, (Middle piece of the faces with 7 were one single piece.) It was seriously crazy stuff man. Impossible to solve :p. I had it when I was like 9 or 8.

When I showed my math teacher how I solved my cube, she was going nuts trying to figure it out XP

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.