Runed Bracers and Illusions

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Today, I'm on a road block on my map making spree.. I am coding a sorcerer. One of her spell is Fire-Ice Mold (she's a fire and ice mage) which creates an image of herself as a summoned unit. Ok, so I managed to simulate a summoned unit with special effects and such like a real summon :D. But I have one property of this summoned unit, it should take a ton of spell damage so it won't be an overpowered summon since it copies your stats. The sorcerer has a low HP, so does the summon. But the physical damage is high since it deal 75% of damage and at level 30, the sorcerer has 127 Int, but very low agi and str. So now, to make it balance, I want to make it weak against spells. So what I did is before the dummy unit casts Wand of Illusion, the caster should have a negative Runed Bracer ability then removing it after the illusion is created. I tested it and even use GetUnitAbilityLevel() to check if the illusion has the ability or not. Well, it does have the ability but for some reason the effect of the Runed Bracer does not work.. Is there anything wrong?? Any tips about this??

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why don't you just base your ability on Mirror Image or Item Illusion and set the Damage Dealt field to 100% (1) and Damage Taken to what ever you feel like?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Why don't you just base your ability on Mirror Image or Item Illusion and set the Damage Dealt field to 100% (1) and Damage Taken to what ever you feel like?

The point is that it would only take damage on spells / magic attacks.. If I would set the Damage Dealt field, then it would be take more damage in every damage type

Give the illusion a buff that has negative magic resistance?

Already did.. that's why I'm asking.. it doesn't work..

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try checking game constants about what you can change about illusions and what you can't. From what I remember, illusions don't sustain any auras or spells but they do sustain damage, armor and stat bonuses. I've never used runed bracers as unit ability, what I usually use is Elune's Grace which works pretty well. Alternately, if these don't help you will probably have to trigger whole ilusion by recreating the unit and make it 'look' like illusion.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Try checking game constants about what you can change about illusions and what you can't. From what I remember, illusions don't sustain any auras or spells but they do sustain damage, armor and stat bonuses. I've never used runed bracers as unit ability, what I usually use is Elune's Grace which works pretty well. Alternately, if these don't help you will probably have to trigger whole ilusion by recreating the unit and make it 'look' like illusion.

Thanks, Elune's Grace did the job perfectly well..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.