Runescape 3

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't heard about Runescape 3 by now, it's an update of RS2, with better graphics, etc; but bad gameplay(In my opinion). I played RS2, back in 2012(before the update). After the update, I've just decided: No, I will not play anymore because you can buy yourself into the game... But that's not purely the reason. There's a contradiction there, not a small one, but a big one. The quoted in 2001(I think) that they don't want their plays buying themselves into the game, so a few years on, when the game is doing bad because they took out the wilderness.

They then thought "We would let our players buy RuneCoins and with those RuneCoins we will let plays buy tickets for Squeel of Fortune, this is a minigame where you click on something to make it spin, then you have a % chance on winning something good or really shitty. As in, let's say 90% 1k, and 10% 100k.

That is why I stopped playing, because MMORPG's SHOULD NOT be about buying yourselves into the game, but be a rewarding experiance, and being able to enjoy that with other players.

This month, they released Runescape 3, it has better graphics, different way of accessing everything, different update to skills, having to hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 just to kill an enemy. Or, you can spam 1. This is why I dislike WoW, and if they that this will make a game better, it won't. It will bring in WoW players, granted not all of them, and it will make older players quit. Most PvPers quit after 07 because they removed PvP. 2010 Jagex did a poll to see who wanted PvP back, and there was more than 200k voters (which is more players that play RS at this moment) that wanted it back. A small number of us didn't want it back. Again, another poor decision from Jagex.

This month they released RS3, it has better graphics etc, but really bad gameplay like I said before. I would rather play a game that you click on a monster, you engage to attack it and everything is done for you. Granted, not everything is done for you because the monster will take health off you which forces you to eat, but that makes it harder, in a sense.

You also have to become a member to enjoy most of the games content.

RS3 link: http://www.runescape.com/

I was wondering what your thoughts on the game are. This is a browser-based game, and it has a buggy sound system. Which was all I thought before I stopped. The game isn't all bad, but it's bad enough for me not to play it, because I absolutely loved training Strength, Attack, etc. And the days where you didn't have to spam-click 1,2,3,4 and 5 just to use hit something.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Haha, thanks. I'm creating my own game, a really shit game, and aiming towards a survival game/roleplay game. Then maybe an MMORPG, where I might help my mate, if he decides to make one. (but I doubt he will) :p The review has a few spelling mistakes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.