Rush(or something)

Dodighead147

Reaction score
How can I make a move that a unit rushes towards another unit(with the trail of pheonix fire) and stuns it for a certain amount of time, and push aside any units in its path? Thank you. (by the way this is my first ability trigger, just saying)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
You're quite ambitious, it's certainly a large task to undertake for an upcoming spellmaker. It requires use of Variables, periodic triggers, and dummy units (All things you don't pick up on the first day)

You'll need one trigger to keep ordering your unit to Move (This should be under the action "Unit-Issue order targetting a point") to the position of the targetted unit.

Search around for knockback triggers. It's nothing extremely complicated, but nothing like the "one action fits the trick" spells.

I'm not trying to discourage you, by all means, it's superb that another triggerer will be on the forums. Go for it!

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Most 'Rush' spells, or other times when a unit must move fast, move units be periodically using Unit-Move Unit.

Dodighead147

Reaction score
Ok well, i experimented a little and i came out with this:
Code:
Godspeed Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Godspeed Strike 
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of (Attacked unit))

I really am not sure what im doing, i based the ability being cast (godspeed strike) off of storm bolt, so when he rushes towards the enemy he stuns them, but this really isnt working at all..

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This "project" is too complicated for you, i can see on your triggering - sorry ^^. Try starting with more simple stuff

Manix

Reaction score
Ok well, i experimented a little and i came out with this:
Code:
Godspeed Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To (Position of (Attacked unit))

I really am not sure what im doing, i based the ability being cast (godspeed strike) off of storm bolt, so when he rushes towards the enemy he stuns them, but this really isnt working at all..

I'll help you with that one :p but Furberg is right, start with something more simple... Here is your trigger: (it's hand made sorry)

Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create special effect attached to the CHEST of triggering unit using  >>> Find the phoenix effect
        Unit - Move (triggering unit) to position of (target unit of ability being cast) instantly
        Special effect - destroy last created special effect

Dodighead147

Reaction score
Thanks alot but 1 thing, I dont want my unit to just appear infront of the targeted unit, i want it to speed fast into it, not just appear there, You know? I need it to like slide or run into the target somehow

Also, I want him to start the rush at like 1000 range or something, I also need it to stun the target when it gets there.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here's some simple triggers for a rush ability.
Code:
Trigger 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    Actions
        Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set Temp_Point2 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Triggering unit) to (Integer((Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))))
        Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Charge_Group
        Wait X seconds
        Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from Charge_Group
Code:
Trigger 2
    Events
        Time - Every X seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Charge_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set Temp_Point2 = (Temp_Point offset by X towards (Real((Custom value of (Picked unit)))) degrees)
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Temp_Point2
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point2)
These triggers would make it so if you cast Storm Bolt on an enemy, you will rush towards them.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
yea u could actually make a ability based on storm hammer that has "missile art model" like your unit
and when u cast it the caster disappears and after the unit gets hit the caster is shown on position of unit target of ability being cast

this is good cuz it moves very fast and u can add the range as u want

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
yea u could actually make a ability based on storm hammer that has "missile art model" like your unit
and when u cast it the caster disappears and after the unit gets hit the caster is shown on position of unit target of ability being cast

this is good cuz it moves very fast and u can add the range as u want

He still wants the knockback, and it will play the caster's death animation upon hitting the target. Only would look good if it were something like the Avatar of Vengeance.

Dodighead147

Reaction score
Ugh guys.. Thanks for the help, but the thing is my guy INSTANTLY appears at the enemy, I need him to just move very fast towards it.

Jagan

Reaction score
That won't be possible if you triggered it the way Squishy explained earlier.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.