Rush the Core

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Continuation of old thread here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151910

Rush the Core
v. 0.0.4
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVa7reeCIUI[/media]
Solo gameplay video of an upcoming custom map for Starcraft 2.
Please stop by at www.rushthecore.com to leave feedback and to have an impact on the game.
The game is best as a 4v4 multiplayer map inspired by the Warcraft 3 custom map X Hero Siege by Sogat.

Description: Teams A and B have to push their way to the center of the map and wipe out the bad guys base. In the way are three indestructible walls blocking your forces progressing until the proxy base at each wall is destroyed. However, each time a proxy is destroyed, the bad guys send out a stronger army. The first team to destroy the bad guys base wins the game. The game is against the other player and against the clock. It can be played with 1-8 players.

Story: (very rough) Zerg occupy a planet containing a powerful substance around its core. They have started to harvest it but don't understand it's power. The Terran and Protoss have been researching this substance and know how to utilize it. Over the course of the game, the zerg become stronger as they learn how to incorporate the substance with their army. Meanwhile the Terran and Protoss are eager to take over the planet and harvest the substance for themselves.

Teams: 3 Teams, 4 players in the first two teams playing against the third team which is ai. The first two teams are assisted by an ai on their own team which assist in protecting the base (relying on the base gives you less minerals and experience.
  • Team A starts in bottom-left corner
  • Team B starts in top-right corner
  • Team (the bad guys) start in the center

Units: Players have a hero unit along with a special barracks to create normal units. This map will involve more squad based combat than individual hero combat. The power of a squad will be equivalent to that of a Wc3 hero. Currently, the players will be playing as a marine army though the other races will be available later. Protoss will come second, last will be zerg. (more detail in Meet the Team)

Help out
I am actively looking for people to join my team and assist me on this map.
Go to www.rushthecore.com to find out more.

What this game really needs help with is balancing. It's hard to do that in the development cycle while I am still adding a lot of new features.

This game is very much open to new ideas. Nothing is really set in stone. As long as its not changing the game completely, it very well may be accepted.

You don't have to focus full-time though that would be fun for me, I want people that would want to create a polished map.

Please ask questions, offer suggestions (criticisms are fine, in fact they maybe really helpful at this time.

This is a multi-player game at its heart, it needs to be testing with multiple players.

More Information:

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It seems you set up your forum's mysql information incorrectly.

Also, be aware that most players are going to be put off by the fact that players in one team will have no way of actually being able to fight or otherwise make contact with the other team. You really should add another mechanic that allows the two teams to compete more directly, but it doesn't necessarily mean you need to change your current setup much.

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What was the message you recieved, something about a driver error?

If so I havent noticed it in a little, I was persuing that with my host. It's a semi rare incident that just goes away after a short while. I'll try do something about it now. If not please tell me the error.

As far as direct player vs. player, that is something that I was planning once I got the system more complete. The easiest way would be to do it in a mini game type setting in the midst of the action which will have some type of effect on the normal game play. A cool way that would have to be properly balanced would be nydus worm type buildings that allow heroes to warp between sides. Another thought I had was that each hero would have a mirror image on the otherside of the map that they could activate. This would cause the hero that activated the spell to see the oponent heroes on his side of the map as ghostly figures while the other team would see him as a ghostly figure on their side.

Funce

Forum Assassin
Reaction score
Seems like a really really good game.
The Zergs are all frolicking under your feet and they're mining a great power has to destroy the feet which stand above them

I want to be Terran so I can BURRRNNN oh wait isn't that Protoss Archon?

Not Serious part: Just nuke it Problem solved no more Zergs probably no more power either...

Off Topic:
OMG ITS DARK REVENENT!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.